What's on your Monday Menu?

White Dove
on 6/17/24 7:35 am - Warren, OH

What a perfect husband you are. Many husbands would not be grateful for the AMEX points.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 6/17/24 5:24 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

OK - I need to do something about this weight. I'd really love to lose about 20 lbs, but I'd be happy with 10. But this weight is not budging, and my eating behavior is not helping. I usually have a good plan for the day, but I end up doing too much snacking pretty much every day. I make good choices, usually - it's more a behavioral thing. I'm caving too much to cravings - and boredom. I think I'd be mostly OK (other than the occasional social event) if I'd just stay out of the damn house. I messaged my doctor last night. I told her I have some phentermine tablets left from last year - so she may give me her blessing to start up on that again (although I've been taking them occasionally all along, without her knowledge), or she may suggest something else. I doubt Wegovy since my BMI is still in the 20s (although I may be able to get it elsewhere, not sure), but we'll see what she says. I'm also considering joining WW, although my problem is more behavioral than nutritional, so I'm not sure how much that will help. Their focus seems to be more on nutrition, and I've got that down. I know Noom has a behavior focus, but I don't know. UGH!! Maybe I just need to get a job or something (although...yuck). Or come up with activities that keep me out of the house most days - or at least, too busy to think about food. Anyway, much to think about.

for some reason, my book group is meeting tonight instead of this morning, because we apparently decided we wanted to drink old fashioneds and eat hor d'oeuvres. Did I miss this meeting? I don't remember discussing this at all. Sounds fun - although not on the day I decide I'm going to change my eating behavior. Otherwise, not much going on today other than finish the book we're going to discuss. I also want to get started on closing out my MIL's estate because it has to be done by sometime in August, according to the probate office, and I don't want DH to do his usual sitting on it until the night before it's due, in case we have to gather certain info or fill out forms that we don't necessarily know about at the moment.

QOTD: I have every day off! I was a state government worker for most of my career, and DH still is. They don't have Juneteenth off now, but I imagine they will at some point since I can see them making it at state holiday - or at least once the recent court-ordered ban on gerrymandering starts to become more apparent in the makeup of the state legislature (our state is purple but has traditionally leaned blue, but you'd never know that looking at the current state legislature, which is about 65% Republican).

coffee with half & half

1/2 cup protein oatmeal topped with skyr and fruit

protein shake (?)

the last piece of the leftover veggie quesadilla from the other night

something filling so I don't overdo it at the event tonight. Hummus with baby carrots? L&F yogurt with a tablespoon of tahini mixed in?

an old-fashioned (maybe). Not sure what else - depends on what people bring. But I'm going to try to control myself..

ex: it'll be too hot to do anything outdoors. I'll check for a class at the gym. Maybe dance cardio or some aqua fitness thing

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Ymaliz
on 6/17/24 5:25 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ The beach sounds way better to me, just sayin'! Whatever you choose, enjoy the day. I had a busy and indulgent weekend and I'm ready to start the week, fully prepared and with a smile even, haha. I have so much work to do this week and I'm ready to knock it out. Bridgerton did not disappoint!! But not being able to watch House of Dragon S2 E1 did. I don't know the voo-doo for the superbox thing and Rob had gone to bed - I was so bummed. I started watching S1 which was not giving me a problem and I realize how much I forgot! So, I want to finish rewatching S1 first.

QOTD - No, but I think it will happen soon. Most of the bargaining units are asking for it to be a paid holiday.

Accountability - Plenty of wine and bites unknown. The wine needs to stop because it affects my ability to say no to bites I wouldn't care about otherwise and of course affects my weight and set me back or stalls me... Yesterday was only 4 active minutes and 6,672 steps. Today 176.8 and 30 minutes done on the treadmill at 3.5. I've been slowly increasing the speed. 3.5 is fast but doable - what speed do you guys walk on the treadmill? I don't want to run and I'm wondering how fast can one walk, safely? It's all about the steps ya know. I'm at 3,200 at 5am - not bad. That used to be my weekday average. I am going by the gym with the pool to sign up today after work. I have no anxiety about it other than the ridiculous monthly fee, but I can submit the cost for my wellness reimbursement at work so actual cost $0. Quit yer' *****in' and get in the water, Amy.

B- coffee, protein shake, legendary pastry

l - chicken and chopped caesar salad

d- leftover pot roast, potato, carrot and gravy

s - nectarine, few cherries

Have a great Monday!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 6/17/24 5:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay, I'm glad you're signing up for the pool! When I run (wahhhh) on the treadmill I warmup and cooldown with a walking pace of 3.8-4 for 2-5 mins.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ymaliz
on 6/17/24 7:33 am
RNY on 11/21/16

You warm arm up at 3.8-4?? I feel like a snail, haha! Okay, I will keep working on increasing my speed.

Emiepie
on 6/17/24 6:13 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You're not a snail!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 6/17/24 7:48 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I don't get on the treadmill a ton but I do the idiot interval ones when I do. I warm up around 3.3-3.5, speed walk about 3.8 and the jog at 4-4.2 and do the random on the incline (since I'm usually on a hotel treadmill not synced to my ifit)

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Ymaliz
on 6/17/24 8:01 am
RNY on 11/21/16

This is helpful - thanks! I was wondering at what speed I would potentially be wogging/jogging - I want to avoid knee and hip pain. I was 4.5-5 back in my brief running days. I want to go as fast as I can but just walking.

Icecream Dreamer
on 6/17/24 9:17 am, edited 6/17/24 2:18 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I would say for now aim for 4. That?s considered a very brisk walking pace.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 6/17/24 9:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I am laughing at the auto correct. Ifit, not idiot

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Recent Topics
Compassion, Self Unnerstannin
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 30 views