What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Julia S.
on 6/12/24 9:09 am, edited 6/12/24 2:10 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I finally made it to the Nature Park yesterday. Only 1.35 miles but at least I did it.

I'm still having issues with my roommate. I don't know what to do, he's been drinking my wine and leaving it empty and not replacing it. And now he's been in the liquor cabinet and been drinking my vodka and very expensive tequila. He hasn't come out of his room while I've been up since 12AM Monday. I'm thinking that I just don't buy anymore wine or liquor. I don't want to have to buy a mini fridge for my wine and I probably am healthier without it. I know he is depressed but I can't continue to subsidize him. I'm really pissed at him, especially his avoidance of me and lack of response. I worry that he's becoming an alcoholic or dependent on alcohol. He doesn't drink because he enjoys it he drinks to get hammered. He doesn't like dry wine so adds sweet stuff to it like apple juice to it to kill the taste. He's a diabetic and probably shouldn't drink at all. I really want him out or to at least get some help. His exhaustion was due to Vitamin D deficiency. With the RNY he lost a little over 100lbs but should lose more, and doesn't eat properly- not that I have room to talk. I'm not his mother, I'm not his keeper and I can't make him do anything he doesn't want to. Hell I have enough of my own issues to deal with.

Sorry, OK I'm done venting. I just need to take care of myself and keep moving forward. I also weighed myself and am the same as last time. Plus 4760 steps 5 flights of stairs, not much but it's a start.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Lisa91941
on 6/12/24 9:16 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Getting out of the house is a BIG start. As Amy taught me, stack habits. Today, try for just a bit more.

I'm sorry about the roommate situation. I hope you get some resolution there.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/12/24 9:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Sounds like he needs to find a new place to live so you can be comfortable in your own house. It's admirable to want to help someone, it's unadvisable to damage your own future doing so.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 6/12/24 12:09 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Take care of yourself. And you'll never be able to fully do that with him around.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 6/12/24 1:20 pm - Warren, OH

I really think you need to find an Al-Anon meeting and attend it. Living with an alcoholic is very hard on you and Al-Anon has a lot of tools to help you. One of the first things they teach you is that it is not your fault and you cannot help the person with the drinking problem. That person has to help themselves.

The program is built around the three C's.

We did not cause it.

We cannot control it.

We cannot cure it.

Please find a meeting and attend it. It is free, anonymous, and available everywhere. You will learn what to do and how to save your own peace and sanity. They have helped the families and friends of many alcoholics to cope with their situation.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 6/12/24 4:24 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So sorry you have to deal with that whole situation. I hope things get better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 6/12/24 6:55 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

I'm an alcoholic with 5+ years sober. If your roommate wants to stop drinking, I can help. Al Anon, as was mentioned, is great support. Please reach out if you need anything.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 215. 0 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm still looking for a new plastic surgeon.

"Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate." - Amit Ray

Recent Topics
Compassion, Self Unnerstannin
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 30 views
Its Caturday!! :)
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 38 views
Happy Friday!
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 58 views
What's on your (photo) Friday menu?
Ymaliz · 46 replies · 382 views