What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Mkess
on 6/12/24 6:34 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Humpty,

I did it. The city building inspector visited yesterday from my 311 call. The landlord is getting 8 violations, including foundation and structure. There are 3 violations that are serious and will cost him tens of thousands. It looks like my apartment is illegal and he needs to remove everything that was done without a permit, including all electrical and plumbing from the basement and my apartment. Unfortunately, since he is only motivated by his pocketbook, this should get him to take notice. He'll also lose all future rental income from my apartment. It sounds like the city will file, send a court inspector and he'll issue a legal notice from the courts. I am ready for blowback, and the necessity to move if/when my apartment is deemed illegal by the courts and an order to vacate. It is unfortunate that it has come to this. I put up with everything for way too long and let it affect my mental well-being. It feels good to type that out.

QOTD- I feel proud I took action on my living situation. I'm proud that I've been there for multiple people over the weekend that had their lives turned upside down. I'm proud of drawing a boundary with my mom for not driving her 30 minutes to the airport when it will take me 3 hours round-trip from my front door.

B: 1/2 bagel with lox, yogurt

L: guac and some protein. Maybe grilled chicken.

D: ???

Accountability: chocolate chips. I broke open the only sugar in my house with Ghirardelli chocolate chips I use for baking. I ate too many. What else is new?

Guac around the clock:

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 215. 0 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm still looking for a new plastic surgeon.

"Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate." - Amit Ray

Icecream Dreamer
on 6/12/24 6:57 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Good for you Matt.
Can't you leave earlier? Why do you have to wait to vacate until the court decision?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 6/12/24 7:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I know you've been looking for new digs, how is the hunt going?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Mkess
on 6/12/24 11:40 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I am in the hunt. I'm going to see a place tonight that is down the street from the Salt Shed. If everything looks good, I'll sign the lease ASAP.

In terms of not waiting, I don't really how what to expect when for my current apartment now. As is with Chicago, I don't think it will happen overnight. I can't confidently say I know what the Landlord Tenant Rights Ordinance dictates in this situation due to some ambiguous language. I am in touch with Rentervention, who offers legal counsel to renters. I'm in cover my behind mode for the duration.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 215. 0 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm still looking for a new plastic surgeon.

"Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate." - Amit Ray

Greateight
on 6/12/24 6:35 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Marilyn and DD loved the Lakes Region. They went on a guided tour yesterday and are going hiking and maybe kayaking today. On Friday, they go to London for the last leg of the trip.

Today marks the halfway point of the trip. Things went pretty well here. Both boys left their rooms and went out on the porch for awhile. My older seems to be getting over his cold and is going to do food shopping today and cook dinner. And I was able to at least speak to my youngest without having to do so through the door. I mowed the lawn, got my haircut and picked up a sheet of Masticcoli which seemed to be a hit with the boys. Our cleaning lady is coming tomorrow, so I need to get the dishes done and the house in some order.

One of my friends recommended Clarkson's Farm on Amazon. I started watching it last night.

QOTD: Things have been stressful the last few weeks, so I guess that I haven't been that reflectful. I know that I have a lot to be thankful for.

Breakfast: Corned Beef Hash

Lunch: Masticcoli

Dinner: steak

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 6/12/24 7:48 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Masticcoli Pasta or Pastry? I saw both with that name on the google search.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 6/12/24 8:21 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Pasta. I'm not sure how it is different than ziti.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 6/12/24 7:06 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

You sound like you finally found the Job that you deserve. I know it is challenging in a new position but it looks like they mix in enough fun to make it worth your WOW. I believe you found the perfect fit. Congratulations.

I got nothing exciting going on today. Just work and taking my mom to cards. I guess there is a leaky toilet in my mom's basement Ron needs to repair and we need to add some grab bars to het bathtub. The ones in there are too high. That will be it.

QOTD: The patients I have been having with my mother and brother. Mo one is dead yet. Also the patients I been having with incompetent people. I been getting a bill for months now I already paid and sent them the transaction history more than once they are still calling me delinquent. I have the proof.

Accountability: I did graze dinner but mostly raw vegies.

TSS: 6 years 6-months 1-days 165.6 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F creme brulee Greek yogurt, and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Tuna salad raw vegies and snack select

D: Mississippi pot roast and a salad.

Exercise: dog walking,

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 6/12/24 7:22 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Lol, the months that we are proud for not murdering another human being are special. I hope it passes soon. XO

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 6/12/24 8:10 am
RNY on 02/14/18

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Recent Topics
Compassion, Self Unnerstannin
EnjoynLife · 0 replies · 30 views