What's on your Monday Menu?

catwoman7
on 6/10/24 6:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I can't swim any more. I used to swim 1/2 - 1 whole mile most days of the week when I was younger, but I can't even do a lap any more. Not sure if it's because I've lost a lot of upper body strength, or if it's because I have less fat now so I have less buoyancy (which makes it easier to swim - it's the only exercise I know of that's easier to do when you're fatter!!). I really need to work on this as water fitness is great for people who have arthritis (like me!). I do water aerobics/Aqua Zumba once or twice a week (and more often in the winter), but it'd be nice to add lap swimming into the rotation...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 6/10/24 7:34 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Sounds like your pretty close to ready. I am so proud of your motivation. If it is only 1/2-mile swim you should do it with no problem. Thank you for keeping us updated on your progress.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 6/10/24 5:44 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Birthday, Grim. I hope you guys enjoy your dinner. I hope the work day isn't too bad with a high profile incident to deal with. I had a good weekend with a hair appt and some time with Em on Saturday. I worked a little on a project yesterday (to get ahead of the week a bit) and had some lounge time too.

QOTD: I remember 7th grade having a sleepover with like 5 girls. I know there were parties before that but I don't remember them. I think the only reason I remember that one is there is a photo I come across occasionally that reminds me.

TSS: 9 years 9 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Mixed nuts, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Turkey burger, cauliflower, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: SF jello

E: 1/2 hour stationary bike, giving a Pilates bar a try and at-home PT

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1254 Protein:102 Carbs:118 Fat:42

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 6/10/24 6:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we're having our chimney rebuilt today. Unfortunately it's a perfect day for biking (well, probably for chimney-building, too!), but one of us probably should be here for most of the day while they're here. Maybe we can get out later on this afternoon. I also have a dentist appt at 10:00, a Zoom meeting at 1:00, and I have to go over to a neighbor's for about an hour to entertain her cat (they're only gone for the day, but she's always worried her cat will get bored. I doubt he will, but he's a great cat and I always enjoy going over there to see him). This will be only my second visit to this dental office, so I'll need to check out the bike route there to see if I can bike over in the future. It's closer than my old dental office (which I used to bike to when the weather cooperated), but I need to check for bike lanes on the streets over to the new one - and also see if they have a place to park bikes once I'm there. If it looks good, I'll start biking there instead of driving.

QOTD: I vaguely remember the last and only b-day party I had as a child (I mean other than family) - but I don't remember which one it was - maybe my seventh? We invited the neighborhood kids, and one kid couldn't make it for some reason, so his mother brought a present to our house the day before or after. That really bothered my mother - that someone felt like they had to bring me a gift, even if they didn't come to the party. So that was that. The next real party I had was when I was 25, and some friends threw me a combo surprise birthday/farewell party (I moved to Wisconsin the following week).

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

protein shake

salad with diced chicken breast, half a diced peach, and low-cal dressing

Greek yogurt

(Indian) dal topped with plain Greek yogurt

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 6/10/24 7:17 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Meneuers,

I looked on internet but didn't see anything on High profile at Berklee it leaves me intrigued. Happy Birthday to Grim. I hope you have the kind of Birthday you deserve.

So, my cousin I run the 5k with is out of town for the 4th with a dance competition with her daughter. Last year I did not have my big 4th of July party because she has built a beautiful home with a gorgeous in ground pool and we opted to go to other people's parties instead of hosting. Wow it was so nice not having to run up and down and do all the cooking but no. Not this year. The party is back on at Moms pool. I am going to start putting deserts in the freezer as early as tomorrow so that I am not tortured running around last minute. I also decided I am not running the 5k. Giving my knees a break but need to get back to some daily exercise. Even if it is just walking. I had terrible eating habits this weekend but reigned it back in yesterday. I have fallen off the wagon with no desire to get back on. I am going through so much with Mom I am exhausted over it. Someday I'll get back to it.

QOTD: None really. I remember my mom used to make homemade cakes with this plastic carousel on it with straws that help plastic horses. All of our cousins would come over but nothing very specific but that.

Accountability: None bunch of tacos and ****tails. I did go to the gym classes both days.

TSS: 6 years 5-months 30-days 166.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F toasted marshmallow Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: pork chop and snack select

D: meatballs

Exercise: dog walking,

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/10/24 7:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Sometimes you just need a break. You'll get back to exercising regularly when you are ready!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 6/10/24 7:39 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Thank you, all encouragement helps.

Emiepie
on 6/10/24 6:00 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Please show yourself some grace. Here if you need anything.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 6/10/24 1:00 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Quick check in. Weekend --->Monday--->back to the grind.

Trying to find a little slower pace for my days this week.

QOTD- McDonald's breakfast birthday party with a costumed Grimace. Who was the genius who thought of that? I think I was 7. Hot cakes, eggs, syrup, sausage, and biscuit. It was just grand. A good Romp in the playroom.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: teriyaki Skirt steak on salad.

D: Crow. I feel like I should eat crow for dinner. I think I need to admit I can't do as much as I used to, as I get older. Scheduling activities from dawn til past dusk is just too much for me nowadays. Don't tell younger me; he'll be ashamed.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 224 9lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie

Partlypollyanna
on 6/10/24 1:36 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Sometimes being busy is exhausting. You'll figure out a good balance for yourself!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views