What's on your Thursday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 6/6/24 5:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme is 100% truth, haha! A very busy and productive day that had me in bed by 7. I could not keep my eyes open to save my life. Today will be a bit easier I have a light calendar, reports and interview prep for tomorrow. I need to get to Costco for coffee and shakes ONLY! I'm running over on my lunch just a quick in and out. That way I won't have time to browse and go into debt.

QOTD - It will always be the GOAT, Tom Brady! Shocker right? Haters gonna hate, blah, blah, blah.... but #1 TB12.

Accountability - great! 81 active minutes and 10,004 steps - the last few were as I was getting into bed. I stood there like a zombie marching in place until I saw 10k. I'm obsessed. Today - 176.4 (day 3) and 35 min on the treadmill done. I'm still not used to this level of activity and it's taking me down early every night. It's good sleep though.

b- coffee, protein shake, legendary pastry

l - real good burrito w/greek yogurt and salsa

d- eggs and toast

s - watermelon

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Mkess
on 6/6/24 5:32 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Thursday,

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. I had coffee this morning with my friend, Charlie the squirrel, and he was catching me up on the neighborhood gossip. I tipped him an extra honey roasted cashew for the inside scoop.

I may be going looney but I think the weekend is almost here!

For those that had stomach problems years after surgery, how did the problems present themselves? My body has been feeling off lately. My upper abdomen is where I'm most uncomfortable but not the stomach itself. It is not consistent or constant. It feels more like pressure not pain. I don't know if I should continue to wait to see if it goes away on it's own or when I should pursue medical attention. Complicating things is that my Bariatric Surgeon just cleaned house and hired people with little experience. I'm guessing they were cheaper. Otherwise, I'd go to the bariatric nurse practitioner who knew me has helped immensely since 2020. Also, my diet has been all over the place the last couple weeks. Any related experience or suggestions are very welcome.

QOTD- My favorite NBA player growing up played on the 1986 Chicago Bulls. Can you guess who it is? Nope, it's Granville Waiters. He looked like an old man at the ripe old age of 22.

5440 Steps

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Corned Beef.

D: Hot, new ramen joint with my sister. It's really not that new but reservations book 5 weeks out. I missed my first chance at trying the restaurant, Akohashi, from Ramen Lord Mike Sandoval.

Dessert: heartburn medication and lots of water.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 224 9lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie

Emiepie
on 6/6/24 6:01 am
RNY on 08/11/14

My piece of advice is to start tracking your symptoms/concerns so if you have to see the dr you'll have the info ready. This also might help see any patterns.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 6/6/24 6:55 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Can I add to Kelly's advice? I would also be tracking what I eat closely to see if there is a correlation between certain types of foods and symptoms. Like when I eat tomatoes, do I always have an uncomfortable response?

Grim_Traveller
on 6/6/24 8:35 am
RNY on 08/21/12

What Em and Lisa said.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sheila_H
on 6/6/24 6:30 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I had the symptoms you are mentioning and it was gallbladder issues, if you still have your gallbladder. They took mine out about 3-4 years after the WLS.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

White Dove
on 6/6/24 6:45 am - Warren, OH

I had RNY in 2007. In September of 2016 I started having pain in my chest after I ate. The doctor said it was heartburn and prescribed medicine for it. It did not help and every two months he prescribed stronger medications. In March I told him that none of it was working and I still had severe chest pain for about 15 minutes almost every night after dinner.

He said he could not figure it out. All of my blood work numbers were perfect and my weight was exactly right. He advised me to go to emergency room, tell them I had chest pain and that they woul do tests until they found what was wrong. I did that and they admitted me.

After four days of many tests they decided it was my gallbladder and scheduled me for gallbladder removal. Then a doctor said he wanted to do a nuclear stress test. When the results from that came back it showed I had blockage in my arteries. I am a small person and my blood vessels are very small. So they got clogged even though things like cholesterol were in the normal range.

They did more testing and took me to another hospital to put a stent in. The surgeons there told my family that my vessels were two small for a stent and that they needed to do bypass surgery. They also told my family to be prepared for me not making it through the surgery. They took veins from my legs and had to cut both legs to get enough. I woke up with a big chest incision and both legs cut. It was a nightmare to walk on those legs. I was in a nursing home for awhile and they worked to get me walking again.

After I went home I went to therapy at the hospital Within a month I could go an hour on the the treadmill. I learned that the body does heal. At a followup appointment, the heart doctor asked if I had any questions. I said when I go to amusement parks there are signs that say do not get on this ride if you have heart problems. He looked at me to see if I was joking because I was 69 years old. When I told him that I was serious and loved roller coasters, he said that they had fixed my heart and I could go on all the roller coasters I wanted. I got with a friend and spent a day at Cedar Point the next week.

The pain I was having was because after meals the blood goes to the stomach and I did not have enough going to my heart. If I had continued to just take heartburn medicine it probably would have resulted in a fatal heart attack. You are not having pain so it is probably not the same thing. But you do need to seek some medical attention, maybe from another doctor. If you still have your gallbladder, that organ can cause a lot of discomfort if it is not working properly.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Teenie
on 6/6/24 6:54 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

If you want to try to relieve this on your own without medical help, try a Pepcid and see where that gets you. It may be all you need.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 6/6/24 7:42 am, edited 6/6/24 12:43 am
RNY on 11/21/16

In my experience, chest pains mean I am full or something is stuck and is always temporary. Unless you're consistently overeating and not chewing your food well, I would guess it was something else. Please get it checked out.

ETA: Sorry - you said abdomen pain, not chest pains.... Since this isn't normal for you, please get checked out.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Greateight
on 6/6/24 5:40 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody.

We had a really scary afternoon yesterday. We couldn't get hold of our youngest and realized that he hadn't been using his Amex Card for a few days. He lives alone and out of state. Fortunately, he finally called Marilyn and she talked to him.

I had some sweet friends to talk with last night and being around them helped, but I think that I am going to stay home from work today and rest.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views