What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Icecream Dreamer
on 6/5/24 7:41 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Oooh, love that meme. I saw one that said if a woman says these things run for your life. Can't remember what they were but one of them was "whatever". DH knows if I say that he has lost the argument.

Got a clean bill of health from podiatrist. I was already doing everything he was gonna tell me to do: different style of shoe lacing, ice, topical pain relief. He didn't think I would have a problem hiking, and he gave me some cushion-y stuff to put under the shoe tongue and on my foot where it hurts. He said I have Vamp disease which is practically when the top of foot gets irritated, in my case by tight lacing.

Very excited for our hike at Havasupai, flying tomorrow to Vegas and then driving to spend the night close by. On Friday the hike starts around 3:00 am to stay cool. We have about 22 miles round trip to the camp grounds. Then depending on which waterfalls we wanna go to, about 8-16 miles day hikes from the camp ground. Our last return hike is on Monday.

QOTD: cucumbers are my absolute favorite.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Egg bites
  • Left over kebab w/fage yogurt
  • Jello, cherries, spicy peanuts
  • Cold cuts and cheese
  • E: 5 miles wog

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 6/5/24 7:55 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Have a great trip! DD and her friend were hiking in Sedona last week and their pictures are beautiful.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 6/6/24 5:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm glad all is well with your foot. Enjoy your trip.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 6/5/24 8:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen HB and Meneurs,

I love the Meme. Also had some nice weather days but looks like rain for the next few and is going to be to cool for the pool this weekend. Nothing above 70°.

Anybody else concerned that Mel has not posted since last Thursday? Anybody have another contact for her to check in? I only have an address but no electronic communication information.

So, I have been fighting with the Optometrist for weeks. I used the script they gave me and spent $500 on glasses, and I cannot see my computer screen with any of the 4 pair I bought. I have been back 2 times and he said oh they just need adjusted. I left and nope still can't see. Went back yesterday and he feeds me a line that the sun in Costa Rica increased my cataracts and that is why my script is off. So today I grabbed my last prescription frames, and I can see 100% better so the script has got to be wrong. The doc that did my initial appointment will be back in next week so this will be appointment #4. I am not happy. I got enough going on with mom dog, and everything else. GRRRRR.

QOTD: Celery. it is a great vessel to stuff other stuff in with it. Peanut butter, dips, egg salad, cream cheese. I love it with buffalo chicken dip the most.

Accountability: No great cannot get in a grove. I really need to be more focused but finding every excuse in the book to not move with intent. I may not even run the 5K on the 4th.

TSS: 6 years 5-months 25-days 166.8 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F creme brulee Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: chicken salad, green beans and pesto and snack select

D: porkchops and asperges,

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 6/5/24 9:21 am - Warren, OH

I had cataract surgery last year and the results are like a miracle. I no longer have to wear glasses and everything is so much brighter and clearer now. The lens that get thick also get a yellowish cast like old glass. They replace with clear new lens, and everything brightens up. You do have to wait until your cataracts are considered bad enough for surgery. His story that Costa Rica changed your cataracts sounds very dumb to me and I am glad you are able to see again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 6/6/24 5:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm sorry about the issue with the glasses, that has to be frustrating. Can I help support you so you can plan your 5th run? I think you might be bummed if you miss it.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 6/5/24 10:01 am - Amarillo, TX

Good afternoon folks.

sorry for being MIA. Just dealing with life and stuff. The new pain med kind of got me feeling ...strange and didn't help any at all. So I stopped taking it. I have a note in at the pain clinic. So needless to say I'm in a lot of pain. It felt like everything all at once happened. My right leg is in terrible shape. It got me rather down. I just felt so sad...I am sure the pain med was a big part of that.

Today I'm doing an eating plan. My weight is embarrassing and I've become a statistic with WLS regain. It's all on me. Yes there are "issues" but it's still my fault. So I've got some research going on. I've got breakfasts down. Dinner and lunch is a bigger question. I can't do super crunchy stuff. My dental stuff is finally getting better though. So that's been a huge relief. Any suggestions for meal ideas are welcome. I'm looking at 1,000 calories per day. I've been getting around 5,000 steps a day give or take.

QOTD: usually cucumbers followed by lettuce. I do love a yummy salad.

tomorrow is the start of my plan but the only thing I've had off today is sushi. Nothing fancy, just a small California roll. I also had a Twinkie. We are making a tamale pie thing today that should be kind of healthy.

sorry to worry a few of ya. Just had to get my head clear.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 6/6/24 9:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

one of the things my RD had me do pre op was pick three things that I was going to change, do them for 2 weeks and then pick three more. Maybe that could help you with changing your food habits. Sounds like you feel you have a good plan for breakfast and maybe you just focus on changing one thing for lunch or dinner, like no crackers or protein first or anything really. And then build on those habits?

in terms of meal planning, its protein and more protein to get the biggest bang for the calories but you know that!

Good luck with getting back on track.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 6/7/24 2:48 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much!

Mel

Most Active
Recent Topics