What's on your Thursday Menu?

Icecream Dreamer
on 5/23/24 7:16 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

That meme always makes me laugh. Before Covid DH & I signed up for a 6 weeks salsa class. He was THE WHITEST guy in class when it came to moves, no rhythm at all. He was also the typical engineer because kept asking what's the step on 3? Where am I on 4? He cracked me up the whole class the way he took it so seriously and practiced at home. Needless to say we didn't go back for a more advanced series but I always remember fondly those 6 weeks of salsa.

I ended up going to urgent care for my foot, not broken but bone bruise. They recommended a topical pain killer (did you guys know Tylenol has a topical pain killer), lacing the shoes in a different way (I learned how to lace up in a new way), and wrap it at night. The last one I couldn't do because it was hurting too much. So now it's a wait and see. They also recommended minimum exercise to rest the foot, but let's just pretend they didn't say that.

QOTD: no major plans. If the weather is nice somebody in our group will have a beach party and we will join. Other than that just laying low.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Egg bites
  • Jello, hb eggs
  • TJ kebabs w/fage yogurt
  • E: 5 miles wog (it was more walk and less jog)

Happy jr Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Julia S.
on 5/23/24 8:07 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

What is the new way to lace your shoes? Pic please

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Icecream Dreamer
on 5/23/24 8:55 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I even skipped the second to last, and crisscrossed only in the last eyelet near the ankle.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 5/23/24 7:16 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! May is screaming by.

Great day yesterday. Yoga and a walk got me my activity minutes in and helped me hit my step count. 68 minutes of exercise, 10,206 steps. I still have to work for those last 1000 most days. I feel like a 50 minute or so walk should cover me for the day, especially after all the grocery shopping and schlepping and unpacking and putting away. Clearly I am wrong. But knowing I want to post that number here for accountability has gotten me up off the couch in the evening more often than not recently. Food was great and I found lots of yummy things to try or make that I brought home. We also pulled the trigger on a big adventure to come. It's not for two years though. Crazy how far out we have to book to accommodate both our busy calendars and availability for the trip!

Today Rog is headed out golfing. Again. So my plan is to be at the gym at 8:15 and wal****il the yoga class starts at nine. Done at 10 and on to my day. I'm headed out to try and find a small portable table and a pair of soft well worn jeans that I can play with for an embroidering project I found. If they are thrifted jeans, I won't mind so much if they don't turn out as cute as I am envisioning.

QoTD. Apparently I'm going to a BBQ with the golf guys. Woo. Hoo.

Bites today!

B: leftover cod from last night on a zero carb 35 cal tortilla

L: chicken thighs and 1 ounce salty cheese

D: So many options!!! Maybe Italian sweet sausage and gnocchi

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Mkess
on 5/23/24 7:17 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Thursday,

QOTD - BBQ at the club. I'll be behind the grill, shaking hands, and kissing babies.

3281 Steps. I'm a little frustrated since my left hip pain cuts my walks short. I am going to try to break walking into ten minute sessions. Hopefully, it will add up to more steps at the end of the day.

B: Chobani Zero lemon yogurt.

L: Fairlife shake.

D: Grilled shrimp taco, grilled onions, mango, cilantro, tomato, El Yucateco XXXtra Hot Sauce Salsa Picante Kutbil-ik de. Here's my whittled down Yucateco collection:

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 215. 0 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm still looking for a new plastic surgeon.

"Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate." - Amit Ray

Julia S.
on 5/23/24 8:16 am, edited 5/23/24 1:16 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- No plans. Maybe a movie?

I really hate our new drawing program, it makes my life miserable. I spend so much time and even then I can't get it looking the way I would like. Plus they want more information on the prints which is almost impossible. We don't have the same capabilities as the previous one, basically everything is manual and nothing is connected so you can't trace your cables to see where they go. I still have access to the old program and until they cut off access I'm using it. I put the things that need to go on record in the new one, but do my prints in the old one because they look so much better. I know get over it and move on, this is what I'm stuck with so it is what it is.

I see the eye doctor in about an hour. And this afternoon I have a mani-pedi scheduled...can't wait.

I think I need a new fitbit, this one doesn't hold a charge. The other one has the same issue. My favorite is the fitbit one it shows the # of floors that you have climbed, I'm just not ready to spend more $ on another one.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Emiepie
on 5/23/24 4:50 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you enjoy(ed) your mani/pedi.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Recent Topics