What's on your Monday Menu?

Julia S.
on 5/20/24 1:07 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I got an extra air fryer from Amazon, but I never told them. So my roommate has one too.

Lazy weekend, still trying to get over the allergy issue with my eye. It still is light sensitive and feels dry. I get my annual eye exam on Thursday so I should be good.

I saw The Fall Guy yesterday, it made me laugh a lot. Great stunts and just flat out fun. No deep meaning here.

Work still is a pain, but I'm getting somewhere, I think. Not fast enough or far enough.

I'm hoping to get my plants in the ground today, I know I keep saying that. It's overcast and about 63 perfect for gardening.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Grim_Traveller
on 5/20/24 1:13 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Fall Guy looks good. I'll watch when it hits streaming.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

momyshaver
on 5/20/24 11:03 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

Good morning, everyone. It is so late that it is technically early Tuesday, but I am still trying to catch up with Monday IYKWIM.

QOTD- I have had that happen with Amazon. Once I had ordered homeschool math materials and received a HUGE case of Bibles. That was amusing. Another Amazon incident was some sort of cosmetic kit for men. It was weird to have that happen.

We had a decent weekend. We planted some more fruit trees, DH and I had a mid-day date, (nothing fancy just adult time + pie and coffee, but it was nice). We also joined a gym so that we could work out as the weather heats up and allergies flare which impacts our daily walks. It has been nice to spend more time together focusing on health and wellness now that he is retired. We joined WW together a few months ago, (he does the diabetic plan and I have found that the GLP1 plan works best for me as it focuses on protein, vegetables/fruit/hydration and not Points. It is helping me be more focused on bariatric basics and is another opportunity for DH and me to focus on health and wellness. He has had great results since he has started WW and checking his blood sugars again. I do the best I can. I still struggle with nutrition because I am being told to eat as much orally as I can, (a challenge), and I have the abdominal feeding tube but if I use that all of the time, I won't be able to also eat orally. The past month or so I have had extreme nausea and vomiting nearly every day as a side effect of a new medication I started but I think that my body is starting to adjust so hopefully that will STOP. It has been extremely difficult. I am still dealing with dental issues since we discovered my jaw had been surgically fixed into an underbite AFTER my entire mouth extraction due to long term impacts have having my broken jaw fixed, (nerve compression had paralyzed my lower jaw and teeth were dying so they really needed to be extracted. I had many xrays of my mouth and no one saw that this lower jaw issue was present and that due to that it would be impossible to fit me for dentures as planned. I am hesitant to go through another face breaking surgery, but it has been really difficult finding things to nourish my body since last Summer when I had that done. It is fantastic to have function of my lower jaw back though, even with everything else. Health before vanity and all that. I can eat things like protein shakes, yogurt, etc. but I get full very quickly even on the protein smoothies. I am hesitant to do continuous tube feeding and lose what oral nutrition progress I have made but if I lose any more weight I may have to do that. I am focusing on more overall health and wanting to gain more strength/muscle back. I am so glad that my DH has finally decided that health is something we can focus on both individually and together. I think that retirement has given him the space to fit that in mentally as well as time and energy wise.

B - soy milk + coffee

L - huge smoothie, **** frozen berries, soy milk, whey protein powder)

D - TBD. I am making baked chicken thighs for the family but I have no clue what I will dig up.

Snacks - usually a Body Armour Lyte, 1 or 2 spoons of peanut butter and Lily's dark chocolate chips, (I let them melt in my mouth. They are a good mental boost with all the food issues TBH. I do portion out about 2 T. though).

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views