What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 5/7/24 4:25 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Moose fart

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 5/7/24 7:46 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. Excellent and busy day yesterday. Hard work out, good food choices, lots of water. It is absolutely beautiful in San Diego right now. My favorite time of year. Today brings a meeting with Roger's sleep doctor and I hope the movies. Heading to see the Fall Guy if we can time it right.

QoTD: Yes I can. I can't do cross legged because of my ankle hardware. But I can place both my feet flat on the floor and drive myself straight up. It's one of the things we work on in my Monday class. We are practicing for our next "challenge" which is to put your shoes and socks on the floor in front of you, bend over and put a sock and shoe on your foot, tie it and then you can place that foot down and pick up the other foot and repeat. The goal is to be able to balance long enough on each side to NOT have to put your other foot down or grab something for balance. It's very hard work and I'm far from mastering this skill. My trainer is all about balance and core stability and this activity works both those areas hard.

Bites today

B: a scramble of the last of the carnitas, egg and a bit of cheese topped off with the last of the quac

L: TBD!

D: TJ's new Turkey tenderloins, corn on the cob and mashed potatoes.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 5/7/24 8:55 am - Warren, OH

That is a great exercise program and those skills will be so helpful as you get older and might face challenges with doing simple things.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 5/7/24 9:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I had to check, I can do the shoes and sock one!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 5/7/24 10:05 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Oh that sounds great. I need a balance class. Steph held my leg while on the other did one leg squats. I didn't do too well. I really need some help in this area.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 5/7/24 4:03 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

One legged squats are super, super hard! And with my ankle injuries, I can't seem to do them. My ankles don't flex enough. Any balance work is so good for your brain and your core.

catwoman7
on 5/7/24 10:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I don't think I could do that, but this just reminded me that I used to stand on one foot - and then the other - while brushing my teeth. I've started doing squats again while brushing - followed by a few calf raises - but I'd totally forgotten about the balancing one! I'll do that, too. (although I only brush for two minutes, so I have to do some of these during the morning brushing, and the rest during the night brushing..)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Sheila_H
on 5/7/24 8:22 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB - good luck for the meeting with the boss and being half caf. I honestly think the caffeine effect on our productivity is more psychosomatic than real. I consider my coffee my security blanket, it's good if it's there but I will survive if it's not.

QOTD: this experiment has been very humbling for me. I can't get up unless I use a hand, not heavily but lightly. I consider myself fit and up for any challenge and the idea that I couldn't get off the floor unassisted was a rude awakening. I found a video of a very kind trainer that walks you through stages to get to the point of getting up and I will practice that. I can get up from a deep squat but if I'm on the floor I need to grab onto something or put my hand down. As I said very humbling and something to work on.

Lisa - I have done the sock-shoe one leg at a time and I can do that. I noticed it whenever we would go out for a run, that DH had to sit down to put his shoes on, he would take over the bench so I would just put them on standing. He pointed out that not many people put their shoes on like that. I hadn't realized it's a stability issue.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Egg bites
  • Cold cuts and cheese, cherries
  • Sushi
  • E: strength training

Happy taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 5/7/24 10:10 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good afternoon all. It's a beautiful day here, but we've got a week of rain ahead of us. I'm glad I got the lawn mowed.

QOTD: Nope. I can't bend my knees far enough to get either foot underneath me. They measure how far I can flex. One knee is at 105 degrees, the other is 110. But that's using force to make them bend. I'd have to reach 150 degrees to get a foot far enough underneath. The other methods I've seen all use kneeling. And I'm not yet willing to even consider kneeling. Not with glue holding my knees together.

The internet generally refers to the standing on one foot, putting on a sock, shoe, and tying it, then doing the other, as "The Old Man Test." Apparently none of you are old men.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Lisa91941
on 5/7/24 11:25 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Unless I can master this skill, I may now need to identify as "Old Man"...

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views