What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 4/23/24 6:42 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

If there is no reason why it couldn't have been virtual, traveling for it is dumb. A very very conservative HBRbmeering cost calculator says today was 30k in meeting time cost ALONE. And we have one more day!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 4/23/24 4:22 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning everyone. Today might be the first lawn mowing of the summer. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited. Otherwise it's the usual exercise and housework routine.

QOTD: I wasn't much of a shopper as a teen. I didn't browse at stores. If I needed something I went to Sears or Kmart. I was a little fascinated by Spencer's Gifts, but never bought anything. It was just so unlike any other store.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dcgirl
on 4/23/24 4:52 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning all! It's a gorgeous day here in DC - this time of year we have cool nights and warm days. It's 70s for the next couple of weeks and then the heat and humidity will crush us all haha.
I can't believe Express is closing! It's the end of an era. When I got down to my lowest weight post RNY I would buy some cute tops there, to wear under a blazer at a conference. My go to spots in the early 90s were: anywhere that sold Girbaud jeans, BUM Equipment, and that store (was it called Units?) where you basically bought stretchy swaths of fabric. Do you know what I'm talking about? It was basically modular clothing haha. I'm so envious of all the amazing plus size options today's generation gets to have. It was much more limited back in the day.

Today is a little up in the air - I didn't go to the gym this morning and I'm not sure I can escape at 4 for the afternoon class. TBD. If I do go to class I am picking something up for dinner cuz I'm not in a cooking mood!

B: leftover smoked fish and cream cheese maybe on crackers

L: leftover rotisserie chicken with cheese and peri peri sauce

D: possibly Chipotle?

Have a most wonderful day!

Queen JB
on 4/23/24 5:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ooh I loved Bum Equipment! That was my favorite sweatshirt. I've never heard of Units! Sounds interesting.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 4/23/24 6:44 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I shopped at units between high school and college once and if they existed today, I would love them! Modular dressing FTW!!

Jen

Greateight
on 4/23/24 5:15 am, edited 4/22/24 10:18 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I went to the gym last night and just didn't have any pep. It's funny how a 6:30 Monday class can feel so exhausting, but a 6:30 Friday class can feel so wonderful. Theoretically, I would be more tired on Friday, right?

I think that we have a plan for moving my older son out of his apartment. His drop dead move out day is June 22nd. But Marilyn and DD are going to be in Scotland chasing Taylor Swift from the 7th through the 17th. And while she won't say it out loud, I don't think that Marilyn trusts me to handle the move out on my own. So on the Saturday 1st of June, we are going to both go out and move him home. I think that Marilyn will go a few days early, rent a truck, and get him packed up. I am going to run a 10K the morning of the 1st, and then fly to Denver early afternoon. They will meet me at the airport with the moving truck and his pickup truck and we will immediately start driving home. Four hours on Saturday and 10 on Sunday will do the trick.

DCgirl's story about bringing a whole smoked trout to the salon reminded me of the scene in the Corrections where one of the characters is shoplifting a salmon and runs into an old friend who wants to connect in the store. A whole lot less awkward for her, though, I'm sure.

QOTD: Lands' End for clothes and Strawberries for records. Although I probably bought as many Hostess snack cakes at convenience stores as anything.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Sausage and spaghetti

Dinner: Fajitas

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 4/23/24 5:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Sorry your gerd came back yesterday, I hope today is better. I left work a bit early yesterday so it was a quick day. I need to make a decent dent on a project today. I'm thinking I need to schedule a long weekend soon, I feel like I need a little break.

QOTD: Miller's Outpost is one that sticks out in my memory.

TSS: 9 years 8 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: yogurt and toast

E: I am taking a rest day

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 4/23/24 7:01 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Take the time off! Work will still be there when you get back!

Jen

Emiepie
on 4/23/24 7:04 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm looking at May 9-10. Thinking of heading to the beach.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 4/23/24 5:25 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Yay for productive days and lazy ones too for that matter - both are good. Yesterday was rough with an unexpected report issue - it was quite a challenge. Even though I'm good at this sort of thing, it was stressing me out because of other things I needed to get done. Anyway it's over, I can move on with my month. Today we are celebrating Admin Prof Day a day early with a Taco Tuesday lunch and my current/previous unit staff. Should be fun. I will never, ever tire of tacos in my lifetime.

QOTD - TBH, I don't remember! The stores and little boutiques downtown were great. I remember going to the mall with my friends, but never for shopping - it was always friends, boys, roller skating, arcade, movies and food. I didn't fit into to clothes at regular stores. My mom took me to Lane Bryant for clothes or a store like that usually far away since they didn't have them in my town. I think I was a size 16/18 maybe a 20? Plus sized clothes were very hard to find back then.

Accountability - perfect! 177.4. Week 2, day 2 treadmill done. I can't believe how fast the time passes. So far it's going well and I'm not stressed in the least about putting in the time and effort. I've upped my minimum time to 20 minutes or more. Next week 25, then 30. I will work on intensity after that and add weight days. That is the plan!

b- cottage cheese, tomatoes

l - 1 carne asada soft taco made into 2, or the innards of 2 tacos.

d - ham steak, mashed potatoes and peas

s - cucumbers

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 0 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 291 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?