What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Emiepie
on 3/22/24 5:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning and let's celebrate Friyay! Enjoy teaching the classes, I'm sure there are tons of laughs and fun. We don't have much planned for weekend so it'll hopefully be a nice reboot weekend.

QOTD: After graduation with life changes and poor eating choices the weight started creeping on.

TSS: 9 years 7 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Canned chicken, zero carb tortillas, cauliflower rice, banana, and dark chocolate

ES: yogurt and toast

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1377 Protein:119 Carbs:150 Fat:47

Have a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 3/22/24 8:25 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hope you get the reboot you are looking for.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 3/22/24 5:41 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Grim_Traveller
on 3/22/24 6:06 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning gang. Low 20s this morning, and it does not feel like spring. I'm ready. Yesterday was really windy, and I kept having to chase trash bags across the front yard.

I've got nothing special today. Starting my exercises in a few, and the usual housework. And thinking about food, and what we're making for Easter next week.

QOTD: One of the things I recall from my youth was the yearly back to school clothes shopping. There was no such thing as relaxed fit or loose fit in those days. I had to shp in the "Husky" section. Husky. But looking at old pictures, I'd probably be below average if I was a kid today.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Mkess
on 3/22/24 7:09 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Friday,

I really thought it was Thursday when I woke up. Yes, I lost a day since I've been running around like a chicken without a head.

I'm continuing to try new activities. This week, I took a painting class. I also went to a 13th step conversation between the reporter from NHPR that broke the story and did a podcast series. 13th step is when men (or women) prey upon people new to recovery and have relations originating from the recovery safe space. It's prevalent in rehabs, for profit recovery centers, and 12 step programs like Overeaters Anonymous, Alcoholics Anonymous, Sex Addicts Anonymous, Recovery Dharma, etc. It really bothers me because there is no accountability short of the police. Going to the police is out of the question for a lot of victims. I'm trying to figure out if there's something I can do about it at my club and local level.

QJB- I feel your frustration. Same thing happened to me again this morning. Recently, I asked about when it's time to think about switching to an alternative from OH. I don't think we need to switch immediatelybut this site is more and more frustrating with easy backend issues that aren't fixed. I didn't have a good alternative to suggest at the time. Now, I think that Discord app would work well. For those unfamiliar, it's a forum split into sub forums. Our individual sub forums/folders can be things like daily posts broken down into folders by days ie Thursday, March 21, Friday, March 22 like we already do here, Progress updates, recipes, Current exercise and maintenance, tips & tricks, throwback pictures, motivational quotes, current challenges, etc. Here's a screenshot of another discord I belong to so you get an idea.

QOTD- I first thought I was husky when I was 10 and that's what the store and clothes said. My peers brought attention that I'm not husky, I'm fat. Bullying happened including my own grandma. I ate and ate as well as starting binging. I don't remember when I first was told that I was morbidly obese. On a separate note, I only have 20lbs to go til skin reduction surgery.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Steak Taco in a bowl, w guac and sticks of jicame.

D: I really want pizza. I'm going to try to eat healthy-ish with Grilled chicken on salad, bacon, hard-boiled egg whites, blue cheese, cucumber ranch

Let's get froggy!

Pic #1 Throwback from 10 years ago gifting a deck to a non-English speaking gent after he expressed he lost his true, a skateboard.

Pic #2 - My Van Gogh moment before I cut off my ear

Pic#3 - Whatever happened to William Wegman? This reminded me of his Weimaraners.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 224 9lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie

Melody P.
on 3/22/24 11:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Discord would work for me if need be.

Mel

Julia S.
on 3/22/24 7:20 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- My brother called me fat in high school but I only weighed 130lbs, not sure why I would believe him or internalize it but I was always tall as a kid and felt huge in comparison to my class mates. I didn't actually start gaining weight until after high school.

The next 2 1/2 hours can't go by fast enough. Jus****er this morning until the blood test. I don't know why but it always kind of gets to me knowing I can't eat for 12+ hours, so I end up eating more than normal, I know silly.

The new addition to my house, it smells so good!

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Lisa91941
on 3/22/24 7:33 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning,

Sun is out, so I am headed out to get my walk in before I lose myself to this busy day. I ended up going to a park to get in a walk and some weight resistance machine work yesterday. It was just too pretty to be indoors. 52 minutes of exercises whi*****luded running up 2 long low flights of stairs 6 times and trying every piece of the outdoor machines. Turns out I CANNOT do the thing where you brace your forearms and lift your legs up or hold on to the bars and fold your feet back to do push ups or whatever it called. I have none of those muscles in my body. But I did do every other piece of equipment for at least 20 reps. It's probably a silly little work out center and everything uses your own body weight as the resistance. But again, it was something and there was sun on my face.

Today after my walk will be making breakfast for Rog and I, and making the "picnic" lunch for our youngest's grands School Picnic on the Lawn day. The menu is very Erika-centric. Then we have to go out to the bathroom remodel to work on a few things, get the one kiddo to softball and get home to throw together apps to take to the neighbors. Like Amy, there will be wine tonight.

QoTD: I always knew I was rounder than the other kids. But it really scarred me when the cutest boy in 7th grade walked up to me at PE and said "you are so cute, it's to bad you are fat". Thanks, Scott. You are such a dick. Do you know it yet?

B: last of the pot stickers and an egg. I'll miss these

L: The menu is Kraft Mac and cheese (must be from the blue box!), bacon wrapped bread sticks, watermelon and hold the cone bites from TJ's. I'll probably throw a P3 in the basket for me and have a bread stick too.

D: my part of dinner is Poke two ways and air fried wonton wrappers for chips. I know there will also be a flank steak salad.

Photos today are flowers from my walk and proof that this space is clearly labeled correctly.

Peace everybody. Have a great weekend.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 3/22/24 8:02 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Cash

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Teenie
on 3/22/24 7:37 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Meneurs,

OK I can do a Friday. We have Potluck. The shipping supervisor is, and avid fisherman and he has decided to do a fish fry for us here at work. Don't know if I will eat the fish since it will be fried but I will try to avoid any land minds like the coconut cream cake I made for the event. I have a wedding shower tomorrow and it is at 11:00 AM on a Saturday. I am going to try to do my Crazy 8 class before I get ready for the shower. I hope it is done by one because I want to color my mom's hair tomorrow, so she looks good for her appointment Monday, I also have a trampoline class on Sunday scheduled. Last week was super fun. There will be a different instructor this week so it will be nice to see the difference in teachers.

QOTD: I think I was 8. We were always at our local swimming pool, and I loved to swim. The day my mom bought me one of those 1970 bathing suits that had the extra material to cover you belly was when I knew I was fat. Suffered with obesity till surgery at the age of 53. So many diets ups and downs highs and lows. Fen Phen is still one of my favorites. So much energy everything got done every day. The not sleeping could have been a problem though.

Accountability: All good I even hit the gym for a round of Pound.

TSS: 6 years 3-months 11-days 160.8 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF ID caramel Macchiato creamer

MS: eggwich, mango, and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: we shall see

D: scallops wrapped in bacon and Cauliflower hashbrowns.

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great weekend my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

Look how big they are getting

Here is a before and after when I did moms hair last Saturday. She cleans up nice.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views