Let's get this Monday started, menu friends!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 7:33 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good for you for listening to your body and trying to find a new way to be active but also not in pain! There has to be a sweet spot. Also, yum to Persian food!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 2/19/24 12:37 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Yay for OH meet ups! Good call on listening to your body. All the walks and yoga - yes, but enjoy every bite and sip!!

And yay for inspire, too!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 2/19/24 6:31 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the X-ray went well and you'll get some answers.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 2/19/24 7:42 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Monday,

It's a sunny 40 degree day in February. It's pretty much the summer equivalent in Chicago winters. I'm tempted to wear my bikini in public to start working on my tan. Today, I'll be playing beach volleyball and watching a movie in the park with a picnic.

This weekend was pretty good. The highlights were the Lunar New Year celebration in Chinatown and an old friend making amends. Last time I saw him, he was intoxicated, in a mental health crisis and I took him to the hospital. He now has 9 years without drinking.

QOTD- I am ambivalent about Mondays today. Since I don't work a 9-5 job, the work week doesn't have the same arc as it used to. That being said, I used to hate hate hate Mondays. I hated them so much that I carved out a Monday off wherever possible.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt(I've missed you, old friend).

L: Buffalo Chicken salad.

D: Shrimp remoulade.

Stay on the sunny side of the street.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 224 9lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 7:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Sounds like a wonderful day. I would love to see the pictures of the faces of the people around you during your February beach and bikini bash

Jen

Dcgirl
on 2/19/24 8:02 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good Monday morning! I used to dread Mondays and now I make it a point to go to a class at the gym at 8, home for a quick shower, and we have a company all-hands at 9:45 am ET every Monday so it's an "ease into the week" kind of day. I feel so good when I have my calorie burn done and can go about my day.

I haven't seen any of the movies that are nominated. I'm so behind. My mom and I are planning to watch Black Cake when we are together next week!

B: the last of the Peruvian chicken with the spicy green sauce. Yum.

L: I picked up smoked chicken thighs at an Amish market on Saturday. I haven't decided how to prepare them. Maybe reheat in the oven Erin some jerk sauce and snow peas.
D: meal kit pad thai with tofu. I will have to check dates - it's been about two weeks. But I don't think there is anything that would go bad.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 9:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Never miss a Monday is a great workout mantra!

Jen

Julia S.
on 2/19/24 8:22 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Not a fan of Mondays, but it's just another day.

My roommate is in Salt Lake City, he didn't leave here until after 2PM on Saturday, but he made it by about 3:30PM on Sunday. I need to go to the post office to send my roommate some things he forgot. That is all that I have planned for the day. Except for work.

I dumped Di**** was costing me too much a month. I will miss the DVR, but I'll figure out something. I mostly stream and I have no idea what network the Ducks will be on next year since their move to the Big 10. The dish had PAC-12 network so I could watch all of the games if they weren't nationally televised. I'll figure it out, there are a ton of free channels with Roku, and my TV Vizio so I'll survive.

I think my Mom has figured out how to get to her appointments. There is a daughter of a friend from church that would be willing to come in and be a caretaker and drive her to her appointments. She will charge her $30hr with a 4 hour minimum. I hope it works out.

I need to get back to work.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Partlypollyanna
on 2/19/24 9:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

You can also check out freevee, which is a free streamer from Amazon. I cut the cord several years ago and am pretty happy with just selecting ala cart. I know you've mentioned liking Brit tv, acorn and AMC sometimes air the same shows on a different release schedule so you may not want/need both of those and the newer Dr Who will all On Disney+ moving forward.

Jen

lmfontana4
on 2/19/24 4:17 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I do an active rest day once per week. I do a yin yoga which is a stretching only yoga. I enjoy it as it helps me not be so tight. I am still working on my flexibility since my hospital stay and not working out during recovery. I think active rest days are just as effective as doing nothing when you still want movement.

QOTD: I don't dislike Mondays but do enjoy having that day off also. Structure is good though.

not a lot to report. I thought the bike acid binder I started was helping some but then I have also had a few days of frequent bathroom trips. Yesterday. DD and I were support go to Lisa Frankenstein but my bowels were uncooperative so I had to cancel. It leaves me feeling dehydrated. Today I want to guzzle my fluids but that will lead to the same outcome as yesterday. Sip sip sip.

my eating is the same. Trying to get 2500-2700 calories. My weight has dropped to 121. Maybe with the fluid loss yesterday.

E: Pilates with weights and bands tonight.

have a good one.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 88 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views