What's on your Sunday plan, menu friends?

Grim_Traveller
on 2/18/24 5:39 am
RNY on 08/21/12

PP, you are, literally, a globetrotter. I love how you do things, rather than just go for work.

QOTD: It would be far simpler to list the foods I will eat, rather than the ones I won't try. Basically, if I'm not already eating it, I'm not going to try it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/18/24 4:04 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I consider trips like this one where I was able to sneak in a day to be exceptional! I do try to always get out and walk a different city, even if that is all I can do. There is something about a new city, waking up for the day, that delights my soul....except for that one time in Nola where the gut wanted to give me his jar of pee, that was a different experience. I whine about an 11 hour flight and no internet on it but when my grandma left on her voyage to the US after WWII, it was 19 days and she didn't know if she'd ever see the family she was leaving behind again. We live in a wonderous world.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 2/18/24 5:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

the usual Chicago-area DNA cousin crew met a new cousin yesterday. My 4th cousin Eric found her somehow. She was very nice and FB friended me last night. I hope she's not a Trumper as I post a lot of anti-Trump stuff -although she didn't really strike me as one. Afterward DH and I drove to another suburb that was en route to our hotel to find the house where my late great aunt and uncle once lived. Found it! I haven't been in that house since the 1960s - and only recognized it because of some intensive googling I did a while back. We're at the hotel now. DH wanted to go into the city today, but I brought this ginormous bag so I could stick my laptop inside, and no way am I walking around Chicago with a giant handbag. So then he decided we could go to Evanston instead. Fine by me. Should be safe - and it's more interesting than Schaumburg (where our hotel is located - I booked this one since it's close to Ikea!)

QOTD: I'll try anything except for weird meats. And organ meats- nope.

I had way too big a breakfast at the hotel, and after the biggish dinner last night, I REALLY need to watch it today.

coffee with half & half

light yoplait yogurt with a little low-fat granola sprinkled on top

cup of oatmeal with blueberres

banana

^^. that was breakfast. I have no idea about the rest of the day, other than it's not going to be much. And hopefully it won't be as windy as yesterday so we can spend a lot of time walking around Evanston...

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 2/18/24 6:36 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy Sunday! I would easily be a basket case driving on those tiny streets with all the people and bikes. We watch shows that have huge buses going through those tiny towns and I don't know how they do it! Anyway - welcome back to the US today. Enjoy all the reading time and the meatballs! Dinner out last night was amazing. I had stuffed eggplant w/angel hair pasta and it was heaven. Incredible bread, wine and a bite of tiramisu. We ate slowly and shared a bottle of wine. I enjoyed every bite and every sip - it was fabulous. Today is hunker down for the rain kind of day. Kiddo is coming over. We are shopping and making chicken and dumplings for dinner. It's weird not having football on Sundays, like what do we do now? HA!

QOTD - I can't think of anything! Oh, I'm never going to want eat sea urchin. Not that there are tons of opportunity, but the strong gag reflex that happens when I see it on Iron Chef type shows says enough. Though, supposedly it's very good. Bugs, eyeballs, chicken feet and organ meats too.

Accountability - dinner out last night has me a bit bloated - 186.1 today. I'm not worried because I know I didn't gain 2 pounds of fat overnight. My body just needs a day or 2 to sort things out.

B- coffee x 2, eggbeater and cottage cheese veggie scramble

l- 1/2 c goodles protein mac and cheese w/2 97% low fat hot dogs

d - chickens and dumplings - (one small dumpling)

s - beef jerky

824/85

All to comfort foods - yum!

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 2/18/24 7:56 am - Warren, OH

I do think sea urchin sounds ucky and also squid ink but look to watch those shows.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 2/18/24 4:10 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Sounds like a perfect evening out!

Jen

White Dove
on 2/18/24 6:46 am - Warren, OH

You are having such a great time. I would pass by herring too. I am amazed that you could stay awake on a plane for eleven hours. I usually fall asleep when it is taking off and wake up when it lands, especially if flying over the ocean which is usually such a smooth flight. Have fun today.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 2/18/24 4:09 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I had lots to watch and read, but the last couple of hours were long for sure. If I am going west, I don't sleep on the plane. If I'm going east, as soon as I'm on the plane, I pretend I'm on my new timezone and sleep as much as I can in that time zone. It seems to work, I rarely havE any more sleep issues than I usually do!

Jen

cpcampbell
on 2/18/24 9:10 am

Hello ð?'?? All!

Bfast: Coffee

Lunch: Protein shake (with banana, scoop peanut butter, scoop oats)

Dinner: Meatloaf, green beans and sweet potato

It's a day to chill. It's raining and I'm watching movies ? Hope everyone is having a great day!

~ Carla
185.6/169/125

Jenny K.
on 2/18/24 4:11 pm
RNY on 02/21/24

Safe travels!

Today hubby and I are just loafing around the house. Did a little cleaning, packed a bunch of clothes up to donate that I know I wouldn't wear in the next few months and that won't fit me after that, went to Costco... nothing exciting.

I did discover a service that will pick up laundry, wash, dry, and fold it, then return it to you for $1/pound. Between my surgery Wednesday, ADHD, and my broken dryer, I will totally take them up on that! My laundry returned to me today, beautifully folded, with a little thank you note and some candy (which I handed over to hubby ASAP). She even tied a ribbon around my undies to keep them all together

Unrelated, whoever came up with the idea of putting one of the sugar free root beer packets into a vanilla protein shake should have a monument erected in their honor. That is GOOD.

B, L, D, and snacks-protein shakes day 12...one more to go before clear liquid day and surgery Wednesday!

~Jenny

HW: 270 SW: 245 CW: 235 GW: 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 90 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views