What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 2/6/24 6:33 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no, Chrissy! Im so sorry to hear that. Sending hugs to you, you've had to deal with too much loss lately.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Julia S.
on 2/6/24 7:17 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- The impressionists specifically Monet, there was a painting at the Palace of Fine Art in SF that I fell in love with. It was titled The Grand Canal Venice. The colors were amazing. I also love sculpture The David was amazing, I had the hardest time walking away from him. I also loved Winged Victory at the Louvre. I found that there was so much art it was overwhelming and hard to pick a favorite. Actually I discovered sculpture in Europe there is so much of it and it is so amazing. I'm also fascinated by Egyptian art and building, would love to go to see the pyramids. I also want to see the pyramids in Mexico and all of the standing stones in the UK countries.

Another long day ahead, I need to get back to work.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Greateight
on 2/6/24 7:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Isn't it amazing how big David is?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 2/6/24 8:00 am - Warren, OH

My dream is to see the pyramids also. I am looking into a private yacht on the Nile River. They limit to 40 passengers and part of the cruise is days with local people in Eygpt learning about their lives. Let me know if it is something you would like to do with me. It will probably be in another year or two.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Greateight
on 2/6/24 7:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I'm feeling a bit better today. My throat still hurts but not as bad as yesterday. And I slept better last night. Ironically, I feel more tired today, so I will probably nap this afternoon. I'm going to take another day away from the gym.

Marilyn will be home at about 11:00 tonight. I am going to try and stay awake to see her when she gets home. Not sure if that will work or not, it may depend on whether I get a nap in this afternoon.

Last night, I managed to drop an entire unused roll of tissue into the toilet while attempting to change the roll on the wall. And to make matters worse, yesterday was trash day and I don't have any bag to hide the offending roll away in for when Marilyn returns tonight. This is exactly the sort of mishap that she takes an undue interest in. I am sure that there will be plenty of explaining how I managed to accomplish this feat and bemoaning the loss of the roll.

QOTD: I am tempted to attach my search history to this QOTD to prove that I am not simply a gratuitous copycat. But I read half of the thread, Googled William J M W Turner to see the style (English Romantic), came back to the thread and then read Grim's post. Oh well. It's completely different, but I love the Art Deco furnishings in the Poirot series that we watch on Britbox.

Breakfast: Bagel

Lunch: Turkey sandwich

Dinner: Pot Roast

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 2/6/24 6:35 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and I hope you were able to rest a bit to hopefully kick the cold to the curb.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 2/6/24 8:08 am - Warren, OH

I bought a Samsung Frame TV and subscribed to their art program. Every day I pick a different artist and go through their famous paintings. The painting displays on the screen and then you can bring up information about the artist and the painting. I am learning so much and enjoying it so much. There are sometimes very old paintings from the 1600's and very modern artists. It has been like taking an art appreciation course.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lisa91941
on 2/6/24 8:21 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! It's a soggy day here. So we are planning on going to see Argyle. It doesn't have great ratings, but I love an over the top action film, so I'm looking forward to it. Yoga is done for the day. I don't see a walk happening since I don't want to get struck by lightening. But maybe the forecast will change. One thing you can be sure about in San Diego is if they say it is going 100% rain, you have a 50% chance of not a drop.

I was spot on with food and exercise yesterday. Today I will start picking up items for our soup dinner party on Saturday. I have quite the list that currently requires 4 different grocery stores and one wine shop.

QoTD: I don't really know what my favorite is. I often think it is the thing I am staring at. I fall in love about 4000 times a year with things. And I think that is the ONE, until I fall in love with the next object, painting, museum, UNESCO site...

Food today

B: eggs and pinto beans with oaxaco cheese. I'm continuing my push to clean out leftovers.

L: chicken salad on protein bread

D: Italian style chicken sausage with edamame pasta

Peace everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 2/6/24 8:45 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I checked in with DS yesterday because I was seeing flooding in SD and I got worried. But he explained his college is on a hill and the flooding I see is in mission Valley. Phew, sigh of relief.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 2/6/24 9:24 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Exactly right. My biggest challenge right now is I want to go to Total Wine for a specific wine to serve with my chicken and artichoke stew on Saturday, and Total Wine is in Mission Valley. Nobody heads to MV in a rain storm. It's a hot mess.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 377 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 217 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics