What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Emiepie
on 2/2/24 9:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yes that is the Peterson thing we watched. Lots of odd things I had no idea about.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 2/2/24 6:09 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and welcome to the last day that counts this week,

QJB- I love love love your passion and talents for cookies. It's good to hear that you'll continue with cookies to a limited capacity. You are awesome.

I joined a gym! It's time to become the beefcake I always wanted to be. I joked with a friend, who's an Adonis, that I currently have a Fatboy six-pack and showed him. He couldn't stop laughing he thought it was so funny.

Even though I only gained a couple pounds, I have the return from vacation, must get back to my fighting weight mindset. I've been eating really well and already seeing progress on the scale.

This weekend, I am just a tid bit busy: Stand up comedy show & dinner with Paula. Two Book Clubs. Restaurant Week lunch with my good friend & mechanic. A punk concert. Board meeting and elections for my club. A Spades showdown. Cleaning the apartment & weekly chores that haven't been done since before I left town. Gym. A nap.

QOTD- The Subtle Art of Not Giving **** Not for everyone but I really related to it. It gave me a new perspective on pain, happiness, and the ebbs and flows of life.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Green Curry Chicken & string beans.

D: ??? Some restaurant.

Pics:

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 224 9lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie

lmfontana4
on 2/2/24 9:54 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Is there even enough time in the weekend for all those activities? Have a great weekend.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Mkess
on 2/2/24 6:10 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and welcome to the last day that counts this week,

QJB- I love love love your passion and talents for cookies. It's good to hear that you'll continue with cookies to a limited capacity. You are awesome.

I joined a gym! It's time to become the beefcake I always wanted to be. I joked with a friend, who's an Adonis, that I currently have a Fatboy six-pack and showed him. He couldn't stop laughing he thought it was so funny.

Even though I only gained a couple pounds, I have the return from vacation, must get back to my fighting weight mindset. I've been eating really well and already seeing progress on the scale.

This weekend, I am just a tid bit busy: Stand up comedy show & dinner with Paula. Two Book Clubs. Restaurant Week lunch with my good friend & mechanic. A punk concert. Board meeting and elections for my club. A Spades showdown. Cleaning the apartment & weekly chores that haven't been done since before I left town. Gym. A nap.

QOTD- The Subtle Art of Not Giving **** Not for everyone but I really related to it. It gave me a new perspective on pain, happiness, and the ebbs and flows of life.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Green Curry Chicken & string beans.

D: ??? Some restaurant.

Pics:

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 224 9lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery.

"Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow." -Melody Beattie

Emiepie
on 2/2/24 9:43 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Great pics!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 2/2/24 6:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

geez - you miss a couple of days and all kinds of things happen on here! I read yesterday's thread late last night (haven't caught up on the other one or two I missed), and I'm so excited about your job, QJB! I spent most of my career working at colleges and universities and loved that environment - plus music people should be a lot of fun to be around! Anyway, congrats! I'm so happy for you!

we're going to put in a long day over at MIL's since I want to get most of this work done this weekend. I've been very stressed over this massive project and I just want to get it behind me. DH is finally going over to pick up her ashes this morning, so there's that, too. Tonight is the first night of my wine tasting group - I hope it goes well. We're featuring South American reds, and I made Brazilian cheese bread (pao de queijo) as my appetizer (couples are supposed to bring a bottle of wine and an appetizer - singles bring either/or). My co-partner in this endeavor will be having the meetings at her house - she doesn't have pets, and her house is pretty big and much more conducive to these kinds of gatherings than mine is. Anyway, hope this really takes off since I've been really excited about doing this.

QOTD: I almost never watch TV and the films and books I watch/read are almost all for my classs or my various discussion groups. I do listen to podcasts occasionally - mostly political ones, though. My current favorite is Bulwark, which is run by moderate Republicans who hate Trump. I'm feeling an affinity for these folks these days (and really, for the last few years, since the rise of MAGA). I was really bummed to learn the other day that Charlie Sykes will be leaving the podcast (although he'll still be on MSNB****asionally). I've really grown to appreciate him, even though I never would have imagined that ten years ago.

this could potentially be a bad eating day given the party tonight, but at least we'll be at MIL's most of the day - when I'm busy, I don't think about food that much. Anyway, here's a stab at it:

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit, rye crumpet with butter and lingonberry preserves

latte ?? Or protein shake

baby carrots and hummus

popcorn

wine, wine, and more wine, one pao de queiro, not sure what else since I don't know what food people will be bringing. I'll focus on controlling myself - I had a bad food day yesterday, and I don't want to repeat it

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 2/2/24 6:53 am, edited 2/1/24 10:53 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Very cute cookies! I'm off today - executive decision for my MH plus, I didn't sleep well and woke up all stuffed up w/a headache. Feeling better now. Anyway - it's Groundhogs Day and of course we are watching the movie tonight - it's tradition. I can't find any traditional Groundhogs Day foods other than actual groundhog or foods that they ate in the movie like pancakes, muffins and donuts. This weekend will be heavy rain and hunkering down. I always feel like I am trying to recharge my batteries but the charge just doesn't stick anymore.

QOTD - I've been meaning to watch True Detective - it's a time issue but maybe today is the day. Dr Death season 2 was creepy and good. I recently started listening to Killers of a Certain Age and I liked it, but the narrators voice is too low for me (I have hearing loss) so it just isn't registering even with audio adjustments. I kept having to replay over and over so I gave up. Now I'm listening to Then She Was Gone and it's good. I've got Damon Copperhead waiting and The Astors to finish. I used to listen to podcasts but haven't in an age.

Accountability - good, I added a cup of 45 cal popcorn that turned into 2. Jen was right, Smartfood movie theater popcorn is really good. 186.3 today. The under desk machine connects to my apple watch - although it doesn't give me the step for stride count I was expecting, it does give me elliptical exercise credit minutes. I ended up with 107 minutes yesterday! So far no exercise today, but I will do something before the day is over.

b - coffee, eggbeater veggie scramble

l- buffalo blackened chicken, celery and pickles

d - tri tip and cheese low carb burrito

s - jello and whip cream

796/83

Have a great day and weekend!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 2/2/24 7:58 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good for you for seeing you needed a MH day and taking it!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 2/2/24 9:50 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thank you! Enjoying it very much.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Grim_Traveller
on 2/2/24 9:26 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Traditional Groundhog's Day food? Interesting.

The tradition of the critter predicting the weather is really old. But the modern custom, in Pennsylvania, started as all great customs do -- a bunch of drunk and bored guys, with nothing better to do in late winter, back in the 1880s.

Sitting around the bar, they were drunk, and had the munchies. Someone said they knew where to get some free food. So they grabbed a shovel, and went out looking for a groundhog burrow, dug up the hibernating animal, smacked it over the head with the shovel. Instant barbecue! Then it became a tradition. Elks Lodges in that area put groundhog on their menu. It finally got all PC, they stopped the shovel-whacking and eating part, and started wearing tuxedos.

I'm not making any of this up, by the way.

So, if you're looking for traditional Groundhog's Day food, you need to cook up a nice groundhog. You can make a nice groundhog brisket. Maybe make some nice GLT sandwiches with the leftovers.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views