What's on your Monday Menu?

Julia S.
on 1/15/24 9:27 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

The dance outfit looks good on the cat!

QOTD- The only thing I have is a bed jacket from when I was sick with the measles. It is very old and not very pretty but I've kept it. It didn't get purged when I moved.

It snowed, and sleeted and we have about 2-3" on the ground. It hasn't gotten above freezing so we will have it for a while. The forecast is for freezing rain tomorrow afternoon. There are a ton of downed trees and lots of power outages but fortunately we still have power. But my furnace is acting weird and does not want to keep up with the cold. I need to call the company that put it in. I have it set to hold at 70 but it keeps shutting off and then I have to turn in off and back on to get it to start working again. This is the 3rd smart thermostat I've had, the first 2 did not work correctly. This one seems to be OK but with these issues I'm not sure if it's the thermostat or the furnace. The first 2 were Ecobees and this one is a Honeywell. The installer told me that the furnace was smarter than the thermostat, but I don't know. I just want to stay warm or cool depending on the season.

I did a Costco Instacart order on Friday. But I still need some things from Winco, but me being the white knuckle driver in snow or ice I'll probably just wait until this is gone. Or try to talk my roommate into going for me, he loves driving in this. Hopefully it will be gone soon!

It was a boring weekend, still dealing with my back spasms. It was better yesterday, and seems to be better today. I've just learned to move slowly. I read most of yesterday and watched TV on Saturday. No football, I'm done until the new season of the UFL in March, the merging of the XFL & USFL. I'm hoping the Seattle Sea Dragons will be back. I love their logo and want to get a shirt. Plus I might go see a game if I get a chance.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Teenie
on 1/15/24 10:02 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good afternoon. Queen JB and Menuers,

I am one of the people working today and I am going to say way to hard considering most places are closed. Just wanted to pop on and say hello and Thank LadyGodiva for making my weekend culinary attempts wonderful. I will now have to grow and blacken garlic. Such a great variation of yum.

Today Ron had Dr appointment so arrived a little late for work. Steelers are supposed to play a Wild Card Game in Buffalo at 4:30 but some are predicting that is going to change due to continues bad weather up there. Lots of Steeler fans hanging out in Buffalo Bars waiting to see what will happen. I will not get to catch the game because I am here at work and have committed to a 6:45 Crazy 8 session. If it happens, I hope Steelers win. I would love to have a playoff party next weekend.

QOTD: We so have our shoes bronzed that was something they did in the 50's and 60's. I think she has my baptism outfit to but sure it is so cigarette saturated with smoke it wound be able to be salvaged for anything.

Accountability: I really tried hard. So grazed on healthy and only a few wines replaced lucnh yesterday.

TSS: 6 years 1-months 4-days 162.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato creamer

MS: L&F Creme Brulee Greek yogurt, blueberries.

CB: Coffee with SF ID Caramel Macchiato creamer

L: crockpot pizza and snack select

D: Scalloped potatoes with a cream black gallic sauce and inside out stuffed cabbage.

Exercise: crazy 8's

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Teenie
on 1/15/24 10:14 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Opps forgot to add Ron and I were able to perfect the French macaroon right before I had my surgery. They are great for gluten free since you use almond flour. I would pipe butter cream in a circle and fill the center with jelly or puree to complement the flavor of the icing. We would freeze the shells and pull them out a fill them just before serving so they would not get soggy.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Queen JB
on 1/15/24 11:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I just made a slightly failed but delicious chocolate shell with hazelnut buttercream filling. I might have invented the bracaron (brownie-macaron)?

I'm about to put my lemon shells in the oven and I'm feeling good about these!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Teenie
on 1/15/24 12:06 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

it took us about 6 tries to get them right. Once I purchased the Macaroon silicone matt that was a huge help. But in all reality, there is a fine line when you fold in the egg whites. Once you get that right you will nail it every time. ****** me off when the kid bakers pull it off like it is so easy.

Queen JB
on 1/15/24 12:11 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

My lemon ones were perfect--and you are right about folding in egg whites being key. I'm so excited that I got it right! My other two tries were close but no cigar.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

lmfontana4
on 1/15/24 1:09 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Good afternoon Peeps,

QOTD: I do not have any clothes or items from when i was little. I guess my mom wasn't so sentimental about keeping souvenirs. She may have also gotten rid of items when she moved. However, DH and I have school projects, special clothes and other items from when my kids were younger.

I had an ultrasound on the arm that had the DVT (deep vein thrombosis=clot in the vein). The DVT was precipitated by the PICC line that I had. The DVT requires about 3 months of blood thinner therapy. However, I was getting some pretty large hematomas (bruises). One is on my hip, I have no idea how I got it, that is rather large with a big bulging area (a hard blood clot). Anyway, i had an ultrasound last Friday which came back normal so now I can stop the blood thinner.

I went back to work last Tuesday. I am working from home. A little rocky at first due to computer issues. Apparently, if the computer hasn't been used for 21 days the cache is emptied and you are unable to log onto the intranet. This required me to go into one of the employer sites to attach to the ethernet to re-establish connection with the network.

Otherwise, I have not much to report. Diet is the same. I have restarted my yoga and weightlifting in the last 2weeks. I tweaked my back doing some belly down back exercises at yoga (the ones where you arch your back up, so your torso is off the ground). I took a few days off from working out. Still a bit sore but I am treating with Tylenol, ibuprofen (since my bypass was reversed), and lidocaine patches. This seems to work pretty well. Melody-I feel bad for you for your back pain. It can be miserable.

Wishing everyone a Happy MLK day and rest of the week.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Amy Liz
on 1/15/24 2:24 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Glad your blood clots have resolved. With everything you've been through, I forgot your RNY was reversed. Oh Advil, I'm jealous! I hope you feel better.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 1/15/24 6:25 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

You are just amazing! You aren't letting this set you back.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 386 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics