What's on your Monday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 1/15/24 7:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning!

"I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three meals a day for their bodies, education and culture for their minds, and dignity, equality, and freedom for their spirits."

The Martin Luther King memorial in DC and the Civil Rights museum in Memphis are nice things to check out today or any day -in person or through the virtual world of the internet.

qotd - nope

I slept on this morning and then did my workout on the rower, Pilates workout up next and then an afternoon movie with friends (Poor Things is the movie. It looks interesting).

coffee plus half and half X2

Turkey and cheese on slider bun

maybe some movie theater popcorn, I haven't had any in forever

bunlesS burger

have a wonderful Monday all

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/15/24 6:21 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

We went to the movies too early for me to eat since I was still full from breakfast that I wasn't tempted on the popcorn yesterday but sometimes I'll have just a little because it smells so good all around you. I hope if you had some it was yummy!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Dcgirl
on 1/15/24 7:29 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning menu friends! My stomach hurts today from laughing so hard at Trevor Noah's standup show last night. He had a HILARIOUS but about MLK, Jr., I am chuckling right now remembering it. We need more amazing humans like the Reverend in our world right now.

Additional Trevor topics included the boing door/window blowing off, the Titanic submersible, and other extremely funny **** I laughed for two hours straight. If you can get out to see a comic near you, it's really good for the soul.

Also, I decided that one relationship test should be going to see a comic with your significant other. We had a few "characters" in the crowd, including the slow clapper, the "I must yell out" guy, and the "I must set the record straight with the truth" guy. Cringey, as the kids say LOL.

QOTD: yep. My mom saved like all my "important" art work, some clothes, hilarious cards and letters, and all of the Christmas ornaments of my lifetime that now hang on my tree. The ornaments are probably the most important. She used to needlepoint them for us and they have dates written on them, and we would get them anywhere we visited, so they all mean a lot. I hadn't given much thought as to how special that is and how fortunate that my mom did that, so I'm suddenly feeling all sentimental!

DH leaves tomorrow for a week of work travel so it's a week of girl dinners woohoo.

Todays eats:

B: Whole Paycheck crabcake

L: Whole Paycheck crabcake

D: leftover duck from Saturdays dinner party. Holy **** duck where have you been all my life??? Our host made enough for 20 people and we were 8 so there's that.

Dcgirl
on 1/15/24 7:38 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

ladygodiva1228
on 1/15/24 7:39 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

How was the duck made? I've tried it a few times when I was younger and it just seemed to oily for me, but it could have been the way it was cooked.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

ladygodiva1228
on 1/15/24 7:37 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Good Monday Everyone.

Well, I sure am glad the weekend is over. I feel like all I did was cook and eat. Of course, the hubby is happy. I got up at 6 on Saturday and started making the manicottis. Since I couldn't find a sugar free sauce, I ended up making my own. Threw the sausage, onions, and peppers in the crockpot for 5 hours on high. Got the apple pie ready and everything was done cooking all by noontime Saturday. Then Sunday I ended up making lamb chops, cucumber sauce and Brussel sprouts just because I had it in the freezer/fridge. He ate very well this past weekend. LOL

QOTD: Yes, I have a few outfits from when I was little, and I also have some of my daughters. I have a dress that I wore when I was 3 and I have a picture of my daughter in the same dress when she was 3. I tried to get her to put it on my granddaughter, but it just isn't in style.

B: hardboiled egg and coffee w/raw milk

L: left overs from the weekend

D: salad

Have a wonderful day.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Melody P.
on 1/15/24 7:38 am - Amarillo, TX

Morning y'all!

I'm back home from the blocks on my back.. Seems to be a success! There is still some pain but it's market-ably better. My legs are screaming out though. The procedure was very unpleasant and wish I could've had some kind of sedation but it really wasn't that bad. The 8 shots to deaden it was the hard part.

Nothing planned for the day. I need to keep a pain journal for the following 5 hours. I'll chainmaille and do some stuff around the house. They said to do things that usually aggravate it. I just am relieved. So far so good.

QOTD: not a lot...only one piece. I have a little baby outfit that I have a pic of me in. My mom went through a lot when she divorced my father and moved a bit...lived with my grandparents so a lot of things got lost.

B: pancake and chicken sausage on a stick, cheese stick and coffee

L: broccoli soup

D: probably leftover soup.

I'm proud of being able to do thins piece so I'm sharing again :D

Mel

lmfontana4
on 1/15/24 3:38 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

glad the pain block is working hope it stays that way

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 1/15/24 6:23 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like great news!!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 1/15/24 8:34 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

HIIT is done. Whew. Yesterday was successful for all the important points and I nailed all my mini goals for the week with one extra exercise day added. Total of 298 exercise minutes for the week.

I have the girls today. We are off to see Mean Girls in a bit. Other than that (and surviving HIIT) it's an easy day ended by getting blonde again.

QoTD: No, My mom wasn't very motherly. However, I did save an outfit for each of my kids and couple of mementos. About two years ago we cleaned them out of the garage and sent them home with the kid. What they did with them from there is no concern of mine.

B: smashed avo on protein bread and fried egg

L: tbd I have tons of leftover lasagna from the dinner I barely touched last night. Maybe I'll tear out the noodles, add some cottage cheese and call it lunch

D: ham, mashed potatoes, veggies

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views