Good Saturday morning, what's on your menu?

Melody P.
on 1/13/24 3:08 am - Amarillo, TX

ME!

Happy Saturday y'all! Hoping it's a good weekend for all of us. Stay warm if you are in this polar vortex thing!

Not much happening here today. Our high was at midnight...30°. We're not supposed to be above freezing for 4 to 5 days. My body has not been handling it well. I did at least finally get the wherewithal to vacuum and do some minor cleaning. I might do the bathroom today.

Chainmaille is on the docket and we're likely to stay home today and tomorrow.

QOTD: what's one of your favorite groups/artist that you could listen to on repeat right now? Not forever necessarily but an artist you're really enjoying atm.(always looking for new music).

Right now Atreyu is really it for me. I used to listen to them more so 10 years or so ago. Not sure why they rotated out but their newest album is really an enjoyable listen. I'm just really liking it. I went through Apple Music's hard rock/metal playlist for new music and found some artist I liked too. Lots of good music lately.

soup for everything but breakfast. Eggs for that.

Mel

catwoman7
on 1/13/24 5:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I don't know how much snow we got yesterday, other than it looks like a lot. Thank god for husbands and two-stage snowblowers. I'm sure I'll stay inside all day. Streets and sidewalks should be all clear by tomorrow (and actually, probably by this afternoon), but it's supposed to be 10 degrees F - and this extreme cold will hang around for a few days. I hate this so much..

did great with eating yesterday. Hope for a repeat today.

QOTD: I don't listen to music any more unless I'm in my car. I usually station surf but spend most of my time on classic rock stations - or if I'm traveling long distances, sometimes NPR (although in that case, it's talk shows, not music).

two chaffles topped with plain Greek yogurt and cranberry sauce

coffee with half & half

protein shake (??)

hot and sour soup

Ratio yogurt with raspberries

might make spinach lasagna today (to use up ingredients from Christmas). If so, a small piece of that. If not, probably a veggie burger (or more hot & sour soup)

ex: probably some cardio YouTube video, since I'm not going outside today

have a good weekend, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 1/13/24 5:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Morning Mel! Stay warm, it was already in the negatives when I woke up but it's still dropping. Winter is here!

QOTD - I have been listening to Weathervanes by Jason Isbell a lot, love the Dolly Parton rock album, have started listening to a group called Them Dirty Roses, their "hell of a note" song is excellent and I really love a group called War and Treaty, Hearts Town is an older album but it's got some great songs. I saw them last year and hoping to see then again.

Our plans for today cancelled because we didn't really want people driving long distances/running around in the cold so I have a free day ahead. I will pack for my upcoming two weeks of travel, I know what I want to pack, just need to do it; get in a double rowing workout and I'm reading The Lost Tomb by Douglas Preston, so far very good. I have some frozen chocolate chip cookie dough and I'm going to make two of them to enjoy on this cold day. I might rent the hunger games movie that's streaming now but there's a couple of other things to watch if I don't. Other than packing, I'm not assigning myself any work today so I can just enjoy a bonus winter at home day with no guilt.

menu is coffee plus half and half with pistachio SF syrup X as many as I want; I might make some sausage and eggs for breakfast and then dinner will be a small Shepards pie and cookies.

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/13/24 7:16 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Oooh, Hunger Games movie sounds fab! And Pistachio SF syrup w/coffee, fresh baked cookies and shepards pie! Girl, I just want your whole day. Enjoy!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 1/13/24 8:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It is very self indulgent but it's been a long January already!

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 1/13/24 8:02 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Hunger games was pretty good. If you saw the others, you need to see this one.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/13/24 8:09 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I was going to try to read it first but the book isn't holding my attention so I'll give the movie a go instead.

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/13/24 6:57 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Stay warm, Mel! Maybe not compared to the rest of the country, but it's cold here too. Low's the 30/40's, highs in the 50/60's is winter for us just add rain. You'd think we lived in Antarctica the way some people dress around here, it's hilarious. Plumber came out yesterday for our water pressure/no water problem. Our water softener system is shot, the filter screen broke and sent the residue into all the lines clogging them. Anyway all lines are clear and functioning now. Today is another nothing day, I'm still stuffed up and woke up to a very puffy face - I didn't like that. Maybe, just maybe I'll unpack my suitcase and do laundry. School starts Tuesday and I need to purchase the materials still and get mentally prepared. Plenty to keep me busy, sure, but all I want to do is sleep.

QOTD - I could listen to James Taylor on repeat anytime and especially when it's raining, I'm driving, stressed or not feeling well like now.

Accountability - not great. Added a handful of cheese puffs, handful of sweet tarts and a good sized glass of wine. 190.5 this morning. Not sure why I did those things - I didn't enjoy them - not worth it, so back to my plan.

B- coffee x 4, homemade 3 ingredient bagel w/low fat cream cheese, EBB

l -buffalo chicken

d - eggs and sausage

s - 1/2 serving of each - yogurt, granola and strawberries

828/77

Have a great day!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/13/24 7:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I find it harder to stick to my plans when I don't feel right. I can sometimes stick through stress but when I am that "sick but not super sick", I just have 0 willpower.

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/13/24 7:31 am
RNY on 11/21/16

So much this ^^! I try to create menus I look forward to eating to stop the off plan snacking. Today is a bit extra on purpose so that I will stay the course.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 462 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 377 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 376 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 215 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?