What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/6/24 4:17 am - Amarillo, TX

good mornin y'all!

Not a lot going on today. The weather folks around here are floating the word blizzard around for Monday. YUCK. Not a fan. Not a ton of snow but winds in the 35 to 55 mph range for most of the day. Of course I say that and we'll probably get 5+ inches of snow. They are also saying we're in a polar "vortex". We're gonna be cold for a while. My back and legs does a protest. We may hit up the grocery store today or tomorrow morning. My mom needs bread and I want to make some soup.

QOTD: if you could choose any celebrity, writer, musician or anyone with notoriety to be your good friend who would you choose?

This is a hard one for me! If I could choose anyone it'd be Eleanor Roosevelt. Alive I'd have to say Stephen Colbert. Author wise it be Tolkien. Musician wise Corey Taylor. There is so many kid like to have a chat with to pick their brain!

B: delights sandwich and coffee x 2

L: salad

D: ????

bracelet I made with a weave a friend made.

Mel

Amy Liz
on 1/6/24 5:13 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Cute meme, lol. I had a great day yesterday. Solved all the problems at work world and went to the gym. I had a good work out for almost an hour. I took my time with the sets but honestly I was winging it. I have my next trip mapped out in my mind of more free weights and conquering the more intimidating machines I've never used. I'm definitely feeling it today and on Tylenol. This weekend is mellow as usual. We are taking the dogs to the park this morning. Later, I want to walk to our little town, browse an art gallery and check out the adorable yarnery. DS's girlfriend loves to crochet, so I may pick up something for her there. I have 2 more episode of Gilded Age to watch this afternoon and I'm listening to the Astors right now and loving it.

Accountability - I had an enormous pile of ranch flavor sunflower seeds in the shell, so addictive! I couldn't stop. 188.6 today.

B- coffee x 4

l - low carb tortilla pizza

d - Kielbasa and egg beaters

s- protein chips, protein pudding

782/77

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 1/6/24 5:34 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! I slept until 6, and it was a full 8 hours! I may have been abducted by aliens, that's all that explains it!

pretty bracelet, Mel! I haven't looked out side but we basically have chances of snow from yesterday to Tuesday, nothing crazy though.

Qotd - I haven't really thought about that. There's a few I'd like to meet but you have to get to know them to decide if they are one of your people. I'd give Pedro Pascsl a chance though

today, I have assigned myself 3 tasks around the house plus a Pilates class, I have a mini book discussion group this morning mid day and I signed up t try Hungryroot and my first delivery comes today. Otherwise, I'm going to just enjoy a relaxing Saturday by having all my "have tos" done before bookclub.
have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 1/6/24 7:37 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Brrrrrrr it's cold here! Bright sunshine and currently about 40. High of 60 for us. Unlike PP, I did not sleep last night. I see a nap in my afternoon today!

Yesterday I nailed it on exercise. 90 minutes. And I did really well on food. Except for licking the spoon when I was making the chocolate mousse. That's all set for our little dinner party tonight. And I know that will make me feel not great, so I have a plan. See below.

Today I want to take a walk. I have done 5 hard days of exercise in a row so my plan is a nice stretch walk today and an off day tomorrow for recovery. I need to pop into the store because I STILL forgot to get garlic bread for tonight. Maybe I'll get some fresh flowers for our fancy dining table for tonight. I need to prep the ingredients for the anti-pasta salad and then throw the main meal together. Company is coming at 5. Which probably means 5:40ish with this couple.

QoTD: I want to have ****tails with Mr. Obama, Whoppie Goldberg, Max Theriot, Mark Harmon, Scott Conant, Antonia Lofaso, Jelly Roll, Gary Allan, Mayor Pete, just to name a few. Something about each of their personalities draws me in. I feel like that would be a heck of a ****tail party for me!

B: scrambles eggs with a little feta, tomato and grilled chicken tender.

L: leftover beef stew. This will be on my menu a lot for the next few days and I'm not sad. It turned out fabulous

D: The plan. The three vs me. Prosecco for the 3, 5 calorie fruit punch and seltzer water for me in fancy champagne flutes. Anti-pasta salad with homemade vinaigrette. TJ's pesto chicken with blistered cherry tomatoes, burrata and balsamic reduction served on orzo for the 3. No orzo for me. 5 cheese garlic bread. 1/2 piece for me. A nice glass of chianti. Chocolate mousse with fresh whipped cream for the 3, Fage greek yogurt with sugar free chocolate pudding stirred in for me (thank you Amy and Sheila!).

Have a great Saturday, friends! Peace.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 461 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 376 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?