What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Emiepie
on 12/1/23 11:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Love the heart!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Julia S.
on 12/1/23 7:48 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

As I recall the purple gown blows up like a blimp with warm air... You guys look great!

QOTD- I do read reviews and have written a few, usually when I'm disappointed in something.

It's been a long week. Just glad it's almost over. I'm looking forward to the game tonight. I had actually thought about going, but I waited too long. The tickets to the game were really cheap but the airfare was way too much. Maybe if I'd planned ahead. I probably should just stick close to home and see a game at Autzen Stadium, Eugene isn't that far from me it's 110 miles Google says 1 hour & 55 minutes right now.

We had lows in the 20's this week and yesterday it was 34 and I was afraid it was going to snow. But it's just rain. The ski areas are in desperate need of snow Mt Batchelor isn't opening indefinitely. If it isn't raining tonight there is supposedly a chance of seeing the aurora borealis tonight. I'd love to see it.

I look like I've been in a street fight, I managed to give myself a fat lip. I bent down to pick up my stuffed hedgehog door stop and I know that the bookcase is there but I managed to hit it hard. Of course it bleeds... I told my roommate it was in sympathy for him having all of his teeth pulled and implants put in, but really I'm a clutz.

I need to find some care for my Mom, I'm going to see if she qualifies for Medicaid. They have a program to help seniors stay in their homes. It's called a long term support plan. But I need to get a lot of information on her finances to apply. It is income limited but I'm sure she will qualify. She only has my Dad's Social Security and his small pension that is maybe $200/month. I got her a new printer/scanner and I need to set it up tomorrow and will work on it then.

Have a great day everyone! GO DUCKS!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 12/1/23 8:34 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh no! I'm so sorry about your injury!!

my stepmother wanted to put my father on Medicaid when he was in the care facility (which kind of bothered me because they had the $$ to pay for it). I know Medicaid is run by the states so the rules might be different in different states, but at that time (c. 10 years ago - in North Carolina (where he lived)), you had to have less than $2000 worth of assets (although IIRC, it didn't include a car or a house if the person in question or his or her spouse still needed those). Her attorney found a way to shelter everything else so that his assets were worth less than the $2000 ceiling. He did get social security and a pension - I don't remember how or if those factored into the equation. We ended up not doing it because I refused to do it (his wife and I both had Power of Attorney, so we agreed when the POA was first activated that both of us needed to agree on whatever we did). It would have cost quite a bit to shelter his other assets (c. $20K, I think - plus she wanted $30K off the top), and I doubted he had more than a few months to live, so it likely wouldn't have made a lot of sense financially (besides the fact that even though it was legal, I didn't feel right doing that since they had the money to keep him in a care facility for quite awhile). Turned out I was right - he died a few months after we had this conversation (and his monthly bills for those few months wouldn't have been anywhere near the $50K it would have cost to go through with this scheme, since his social security and pension covered a big chunk of his monthly bill. So whew!

sorry for the novel!! Anyway, good luck with your research and decision-making!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 12/1/23 11:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry about your injury, I hope you feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 12/1/23 8:20 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and happy Friday to all you worker bees! It's another quiet day here with just grocery shopping and I need to get a couple cards. My anniversary is next week and we have a fun evening planned, but I always forget to get Rog and dang card. And he never forgets. So I've got two notes to remind me.

I'm giving myself a C for accountability yesterday. Actual meals I did great on. But I added one cookie (out of a pile of like 40!) and had more wine than I budgeted for. Back to it today. I did get a walk in yesterday and am leaving for one today soon.

QoTD: I always read reviews when buying products or booking reservations. Never write them, though.

Food today.

B: scrambled egg with a little bacon and cheese

L: ham and bean soup

D: chicken and ????

Here are the photos I tried to load from the desert last weekend. Our dinner time uninvited guest, the place setting the girls made for Thanksgiving dinner, our view and my tough and strong grands.

Peace peeps!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Emiepie
on 12/1/23 11:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Not the spider!

Melody P.
on 12/2/23 12:33 am - Amarillo, TX

Love the pics! Even the tarantula!

Mel

catwoman7
on 12/1/23 8:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

not much on the agenda today other than going to pool at 1:00 (Aqua Zumba) and making a grocery store run to buy them out of L&F creme brûlée yogurt (thanks, Chrissy!!). So I'll use the rest of the day to get caught up with reading and other stuff (as usual..)

QOTD: I read reviews all the time. I think I've written fewer than five - like others, only when I've been really disappointed or really elated with something.

coffee with half & half

L&F yogurt, small piece of buckwheat bread with 2 t of peanut butter

protein shake

either the last of the turkey/chickpea/farro soup or a "super veggie" slaw salad with Thai dressing - and a small piece of rye bread (baked this morning)

another L&F?

a cup of cheese tortelloni with homemade marinara sauce

I was really happy with the way this rye bread baked up. It's kind of hit and miss with whole grain/ancient grain/and-or/high-hydration doughs - sometimes they work beautifully, sometimes they don't rise as much as I'd want and are too dense (although they always taste good!). This one was a pleasant surprise. Although it had more (white) bread flour in it than rye flour, which probably made a difference. Anyway, will cut into it at lunch time and try a small piece.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 12/1/23 10:02 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Friday

QJB you have a busy weekend ahead of you. Cookies, cookies, and cookies. The picture of the cookie you made is cute. You are so talented. Funny they made you put on a hazmat suit in pre-op. I guess they are being especially cautious to prevent infections. And yes, Grim looks awesome in purple.

Today, Home Health came to do my incision dressing change and draw a blood level for one of my antibiotics. This antibiotic can get toxic plus you need to make sure you are getting the correct dosage (not too low). DD and I are going to try to get our nails done after she is done with school. My acrylics are super grown out. They will probably want to start over with new nails.

QOTD: I do read reviews especially on larger purchases. I rarely post a review.

E: PT exercises, walking on treadmill for 10 minutes, maybe a yoga video.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 12/1/23 11:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you're able to get a manicure. You deserve some pampering.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s your plans for Saturday?
Melody P. · 10 replies · 83 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 263 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 277 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 326 views