What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Mkess
on 11/29/23 5:36 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Wednesday,

It's unbelievable that it's almost December. It feels like winter and people have the blues and blahs. It's contagious but I'm shifting into self care mode to ward off the winter funk.

QOTD- I spend a good amount of time in the grocery store. It was one of the few places that I could get around the store since they had a mobility cart. This is another amazing ability regained. I now can walk a whole regular sized store. I will start thrifting again and spend a lot of time browsing. I love finding the needle in a haystack.

Accountability: Ham and Cheese Croissant, 1/2 slice coffee cake.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt.

L: Shrimp ceviche.

D: steak taco in a bowl.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 215. 0 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm still looking for a new plastic surgeon.

"Every day is a good day. There is something to learn, care and celebrate." - Amit Ray

Partlypollyanna
on 11/29/23 5:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Regaining your mobility so fast is wonderful!! Keep up the good work!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 11/29/23 5:49 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Swinging chickens for Grim today. I'm glad you two enjoyed the getaway.

QOTD: Maybe Home Goods, but not during the holiday shopping season.

TSS: 9 years 3 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: TBD

ES: yogurt

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 11/29/23 5:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Have a great day!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 11/29/23 5:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You too! I have some meetings today and then I have one planned about my career path with my boss tomorrow.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 11/29/23 6:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have one of my film discussion groups later this morning, then a meeting at the nursing home where my client lives, then class - so not much time for a fitness class, but it'll be in the low 40s today and not much wind, so I'll do the "get off the bus a few stops early" routine to and from class. Depending on where i get off (and back on), it takes 20-30 minutes to walk, so that's 40-60 minutes of brisk walking if I do it both ways (which I usually do). That definitely helps, and it's easy to do.

the film for today's meeting is "Queen of Versailles". I really enjoyed it. It was a different type of film for us (this is my documentary group) - I'm thinking it'll elicit a lot of discussion, which is good, since this group tends to like to socialize a lot rather than have lengthy discussions about the films (which of course is fine - although I enjoy lengthy discussions, too!). We're having the meeting in the community room at one of the member's apartment complexes. Last time we had it there, she went WAY overboard with refreshments, so this time I told her to just have coffee there - a couple of the others could bring treats. I made scones last night, and another member is bring some kind of chocolate thing. That should be fine.

QOTD: I'm not a shopper (I'm one of those who just runs in to get what they need, and then run back out), but I do enjoy wandering around a grocery store or two whenever I'm in another country. I usually run across some interesting things in there..

coffee with half & half

protein shake

more coffee with half & half at the meeting - along with one of my scones

"Superfood" veggie slaw topped with chicken and Thai-style dressing

Ratio yogurt?

turkey/farro/vegetable soup, multigrain bread

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 11/29/23 7:00 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

I can't believe it is already time for that new knee. That went fast. Hoping it goes as smooth as the first one. When you are at the hospital can't you use the cafeteria? I know it is crazy, but I love hospital cafeteria food. They usually have so many choices. It is usually comfier than the waiting room they put you in too. I have been known to pop in the hospital just for lunch.

I saw Lana popped in for an update. Poor dear, hopefully this is the last of her complications and she can begin healing. Good luck Lana we are cheering for you.

I missed the Aldi Ugly sweater sale last week. I am so pissed they had matching sweaters for me and the dog. I had all my shopping done for the holiday, so I didn't look at the add. I am pissed. Rudy and I would have been styling for Christmas,

QOTD: Um Aldi but I do it so often I am down to about 20 minutes.

Accountability: I think I did ok

TSS: 5 years 11-months 17-days 162 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F creme brulee Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Cheesy chicken onion bake, and Snack select

D: burger with mushrooms and swiss. .

Exercise: Dog walking. It was 27° this morning

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

lmfontana4
on 11/29/23 11:54 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Chrissy-thank you for the kinds words and thoughts. I am also hoping this is the last of the complications! Ugh.

Maybe you can find the Aldi Sweater for you and dog online somewhere...

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Teenie
on 11/29/23 1:07 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Thank you I did find the Aldi sweater for my dog. Fortunately, they had them left over but no sweater for me. I will live. They did have adult hooded onesies, but I could not bring myself to buy another pair of PJ's I have 2 drawers full.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 11/29/23 7:05 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Good luck, Grim. So awesome you are just getting this done. I told a lady at my aqua class yesterday, who is 11 weeks out from her knee replacement, that you were doing this and she nearly fainted.

I am giving myself an A+ for yesterday. Over two hours of exercise. All the right foods. Lots of water. I am really having delayed onset muscle aches from Monday and yesterday, so my plan today is just a walk. But oh baby it's cold outside. If you are from San Diego that is. Hoping it warms up enough and I can walk before my noon pedi as rain is expected this afternoon.

Rog has to prep for the dreaded colonoscopy today, so I am on my own when it comes to eats. Also in the Rog department, he got a surgery date for his Inspire Implant. December 21. Fingers crossed.

QoTD: I can spend hours in a grocery store. I easily spend an hour or two in my regular, go to store. Put me in a new one and come back for me in a few hours.

Menu today

B: leftover roasted butternut squash and sweet potato with a fried egg on top

L: chicken and couscous

D: more of the ham and bean soup from the other night.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
Recent Topics