What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Emiepie
on 11/15/23 10:07 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So glad you seem to be healing well.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Lisa91941
on 11/15/23 8:00 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Yesterday I had an early PT appointment and Voila! Just like that the day was gone. I never got around to posting. I did rack up a 40 calorie burn on the bike at PT. That's been my big burn since injuring my ankle. Pitiful. Anyway, I did great on food. I've been really paying attention to dense protein and have been easily eliminating my late afternoon, to save Roger's life, snack on most days. Yay for saving 150 calories. Lots of water and zero cal lemonade yesterday.

It's chilly today and I am wearing layers and a flannel. Love. I have an appt at the Y to go to orientation for my new membership. And then book club. I am also going to either early lunch or late with my two neighbors/book club/travel buddies. Details to come. Book club is The Sum of Us. And yes, I agree with her theory and her stance. But my eyes keep crossing and I have come no where near finishing it. I'll be very quiet at book club while the more cerebral of our group discusses it. This book is supposed to be so fabulous that it was selected as the One Book, One San Diego book of the month where every library book club in San Diego read it this month. I'm feeling very "un smart" that I just can't fini****

QoTD: One. Very skinny, floppy and easily smashable. (ok, so that's not a real word). It's my problem with hotel pillows. They are all too thick. And we have two decorative shams and one decorative pillow that go on the bed every day. Clearly, the decorative pillow is doing it's job directing traffic.

Food looks like:

B: leftover chicken thigh and corn

L: tbd

D: Never made last night's pork chops, so they are up for tonight. With acorn squash.

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Icecream Dreamer
on 11/15/23 8:20 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Aaaaaaaw! Love that!!!

Luna waits till I make the bed and put the pillows and then she lays down and rests her head on the pillow, as in thanks human for making my bed.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 142.8

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 11/15/23 8:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Years ago, Peace Like A River was the one book, one Denver selection. One of my friends hated it so much that while she was reading on a plane, someone said "oh, I've been meaning to read that" and she just gave the book to them.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/15/23 9:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

late again - I had some stuff I had to do this morning. My afternoon class will be discussing a book they had to read (and that's it - no lecture), and auditors generally don't go to those "discussion days" since we're not allowed to participate in class discussions. So - I'm not going. It's in the low 60s, sunny, and very little wind (4 mph), so I'm going biking instead. I'm thinking one of my longer routes (c. 25 miles) so I can burn up a boatload of calories (my weight was down a little this morning, but I've been on a roll the last few days. Plus, this may be the last good week to bike until spring).

I managed to kill my sourdough starter (it'd been going for two or three months, so I'm not sure what happened. Maybe the water I mixed in was too warm and I killed it? Not sure). Started a new one - a rye one - about four or five days ago. It's going like gangbusters. I have sourdough discard coming out of my ears now. This morning I used some of it to make sourdough crumpets. This afternoon I'm going to make crackers out of it. It should be ready to make actual bread in another couple of days. Whew. I was afraid I'd have to wait a couple of weeks, like I did last time. Evidently it likes rye flour a lot more than white bread flour.

several eating events coming up in the next four or five days, so I'm trying to be really careful (this long bike ride should help, too). So far so good. Hopefully I can keep it up.

QOTD: I have four regular pillows plus a wedge pillow but only use all (or most) of them when I'm awake and have propped myself up to read or use my laptop. At night, I just have the wedge pillow and one regular pillow (which I usually put sort of off to the side of the wedge pillow since I usually sleep on my side). The cats are often snoozing on the unused pillows.

coffee with half and half

rye crumpet with butter and SF blueberry preserves

skyr with cranberry compote

protein shake

hummus sandwich ****ep putting this on here but haven't had one in three or four days)

Ratio yogurt

probably leftovers from last nights dinner - the curry chicken/chickpea one with vegetables - it was great

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 11/15/23 11:34 am - Warren, OH

I sleep on a queen sized bed with a big bolster, two shams, and two pillows, and three throw pillows. I might use some or all of them but that is because of GERD. The closer I am to sleeping sitting up, the less chance it will bother me.

I remember one day when my husband went and got a pillow from the bed to use on the couch. The cat came and went crazy. He asked me why she was acting like that and I told him that he had taken her pillow off the bed. He put it back and got another pillow. That cat knew which one was her pillow and did not share.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 11/15/23 12:14 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Hello OH Friends

my appointment with the surgeon went well yesterday. My abdominal incision is healing nicely and I will be able to get rid of the wound vac on Friday! Yay one less thing to drag around. I am being scheduled for IV iron infusion since I am still very low. I did receive some while in the hospital but need more. OT has been ordered to help with the foot drop issues. Today I have a telehealth Appt with the dietitian. I am not sure how much she will have to offer.

Yesterday I ate something that didn't agree with me and spent the better part of the afternoon in the bathroom. Ah the joys od short bowel syndrome. I had made a high protein pumpkin pie. I think this is what did it. Today I am keeping my eating basic trying to find any triggers.

QOTD: I use one semi flat pillow.

exercise is just PT assigned exercises.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Grim_Traveller
on 11/15/23 1:01 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

You're going to have to work hard to figure out what foods or combinations you tolerate well. I don't envy you that. But you know your stuff, and you'll figure it out.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
Recent Topics