Happy Saturday!! What's on your menu today?

Amy Liz
on 11/11/23 4:36 am, edited 11/11/23 4:41 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I'm up and can't stand it that I am 199.2 today!! Shout it from the roof tops, I'm in ONEDERLAND! It's been probably 2+ years in the 200's. I pray that never happens again. So what's up for today? All the things house. I want to get the bathroom done and a deep clean of the kitchen. Otherwise, it's football all day so I will probably run errands and get the car hand washed too. Oh, and taking the dogs to the park too. That'll be my exercise for the day.

QOTD - What are your daily food and exercise goals? My food macro goals are about 800 cals 80 gr protein with occasional, worthy planned carbs. I'm working on getting back to daily exercise still. I am sporadic right now, but that needs to change. I have recently gone back to vitamin and hydrate reminders because I've really lost my way there!! Every mindful thing helps.

Accountability: I had a couple whisp pretzels cheese balls - yum! Otherwise, perfect. 199.2 today!

B- coffee, eggs w/salsa

l - rueben in a bowl

d - chicken tacos on 25 cal tortillas

s- tomatoes, cucumbers

cals 829/81g protein

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/11/23 4:59 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning!

Eee! Congratulations on making it to onederland! Glad you got a picture to capture the moment, and love that color! You've done so much work to get where you are and it's paying off.

QOTD- 100g of protein is my North star. I'm working on recalibrating since my body seems to be back on track. Aim while still figuring out normal will be 1200 calories and 100g of protein. Hopefully less than 35g of fat and carbs from complex sources. Been doing really well on hydration, so that helps. Exercise is any movement. I'm working up into higher level cardio, strength and endurance. It's slow but building.

Today is standard house stuff and I'll probably make a bit of a list since time is ticking down until south America. I've tried on all my 2017 clothes and have enough to take. Just need to whittle everything to fit into a carry-on. I also got my new snorkel mask! It's got a -6 prescription, which makes a huge difference in clarity for someone like me. Exciting!

Also prepping a bit to most likely head to Georgia for a week with family over the holiday. I'll be working but remote.

Exercise is 30 minutes of stretching and 30 of endurance.

Menu - Either french baked eggs or a scramble, yogurt, something with the chicken I took out, braised pork chop, protein pudding.

Cheers!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 11/11/23 7:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I can't find the post to go back to it but I saw you said something about martial arts earlier this week? What are you doing? I have some friends that have gotten black belts in various modalities as adults and I always thought that would be interesting but it's such a commitment and seems to require a very consistent schedule which I do not have.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/11/23 2:38 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

It was a one-time optional class led by an expert on one of our teams during our retreat last week. Honestly, it mostly lined up with what I know of boxing and he didn't tie it to any particular practice. We did some warm-ups, four or five simple moves and practiced form and movement for 45 minutes. Our other morning group options were to sleep in, go fishing, go running, or take a pop culture walk. Martial arts made sense. :)

I did love kickboxing back at 9-Round and would do something there if the stars and schedules aligned. I don't get up as early as you by far, and days aren't as organized but I do live a half hour from nearer towns and farther from options. These days I'm grateful for the strength, cardio, and endurance routines I'm using in the mornings at home! Most studios I've seen around here are primarily for kids, too.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 11/11/23 4:07 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I thought maybe you were in a program! I've done kickboxing off and on, including 9 rounds a few years ago, for about 20 years. I do enjoy my Dribble Up boxing classes and the bonus is when I add the strength ball or weights, it's still one fee, very cost effective!

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 11/11/23 5:31 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Congratulations Amy!! You have worked so hard to get there and made so many good healthy changes in your life. I am glad they are paying off on the scale and everywhere in your life. I feel like things are really coming together for you and you're going to look back on 23 as such an incredible year of change and success!

Jen

White Dove
on 11/11/23 6:14 am - Warren, OH

Congratulations and I know how hard you are working. We used to call the 200's Tooterville. It was a play on Hooterville from an old comedy show called Petticoat Junction.

I have no appetite anymore. I used to hear about old ladies who lived on tea and toast and never thought that would happen to me. I am never hungry and have to remind myself to get something to eat. My protein is also low so I just stocked up on Premier Protein shakes and hope that helps.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/11/23 9:13 am
RNY on 06/03/15

boy - I would do anything to have no appetite. The first few months post-surgery were so wonderful because I was never hungry and didn't give a flip about food. Some people find that really weird or distressing - I found it very liberating!!

I constantly battle with my appetite. Constantly. It's a huge, constant struggle. I'm glad there's a chance there might be an end to it coming up...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 11/11/23 3:19 pm - Warren, OH

I was invited to an all you can eat pasta dinner this summer and the person who invited me said that it was a waste of money for me. I did pay for my own meal, but was stuffed after a few bites. Most of the time I can get away with eating small amounts and am happiest when I can fill my own dish with things like lettuce leaves and make it look like I have a full plate.

I did have years of a good appetite and weight gain, this mostly has kicked in the last two or three years.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/23 4:07 am

I'm exactly the same way - right after surgery I was Ravenous regularly to the point I considered having a revision to a small DS ! Thank God I didn't do it !

Twelve years later I have almost no appetite. It's great in the sense that I never needed to feel hungry to eat anyway pre or post op - it was more " can I eat ? That looks good ( or just interesting) .... I fit into my smallest clothes and feel comfortable ( and sexy ) wearing them. I look and feel very healthy and have lots of energy.

This week I walked an average of four miles per day despite having a car in the City. My new apartment is great... not the prettiest I saw nor brand new ( the renovation was done in the early nineties) but it's in a GREAT area ( five blocks from Central Park and half a block from Riverside Park) just a couple of blocks from Zabar's , the Natural History Museum and the Metropolitan Opera ( and the Art Students League ! )

The main terrace also has a waterview and there's all day sun from giant windows )

I'm really enjoying putting the ( relatively small - 43 x 13 feet plus two sides of smaller wraparound) fall terrace garden together ( lots of hardy chrysanthemums lol - they live many years here in zone 7) vermi composting to make my own soil , drilling pots and planting spring bulbs, peonies roses ( still blooming! ) and irises.

Unpacking the endless garbage bags of dirty laundry a million shoes and lots of other " necessities " and finding places for each of them in a relatively tiny two bedroom apartment... not so much . Still I'm being a trooper :)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics