What's on your Thursday Menu?

Mkess
on 11/9/23 6:45 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Little Friday II, ESQ.,

I had one of those days yesterday that you can hang your hat on. I was productive, touched all the bases, and went to bed happy about the day in large. Woo hoo!

QOTD- My main drink is Blue Raspberry Crystal Light in a 32oz bottle. I start my morning with copious amounts of iced. coffee or a sugar energy drink.

Accountability - 2/3 of a bagel.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Nigiri and cucumber salad.

D: Strip steak, mushrooms, and broccoli. Salad to start.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Teenie
on 11/9/23 7:14 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Meneurs,

Your motivation inspires me. I have so many ideas about side hustles and actual businesses that I know I could do but I am just 2 lazy to go through all the steps. I know too well how to make ravioli, gnocchi, meatballs cheesecake. I could teach an Italian dinner themed class every week, but I do not have the motivation you do. There is so much involved. I feel guilty that I stay content in my little office shlepping wound care. (27-year anniversary last month) I really should take initiative to do something on the side. I'll circle back around to this when I no longer have Mom duty.

Speaking of Mom duty, I have to take care of her till Sunday when my brother gets back from Delaware. They are visiting her SIL's family. Tonight. even though I am not a fan I am going to attempts Liver and onions. She better appreciate it.

QOTD: I do 28 oz of coffee and most of the time jus****er. I use a squeeze of Mio here and there an occasion Bai, Ready, or protein O2.

Accountability: Aldi has Marcona almonds this time a year and I'm a big fan. Snaking on the rosemary ones right now and I had 2 fund size bags of M&M's.

TSS: 5 years 10-months 29-days 160.8 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F pumpkin pie Greek Yogurt and berries,

CB: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Korean BBQ chicken thigh, 1/2 Avocado, and snack select

D: Fillet and vegies

Exercise: Dog walking.

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 11/9/23 8:33 am
RNY on 08/29/18

They are building a brand new Aldi near our gym.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Julia S.
on 11/9/23 8:34 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

We don't have any in Oregon that I'm aware of. It sounds like a great store.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 11/9/23 10:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

you might soon - I've read they're planning a huge expansion. Do you have Lidl? We don't. Similar store. It think most of them are on the east coast - and maybe on the west coast(?). None that I know of out here in the middle, though. We have five Aldi stores in my county that I know of, though...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 11/9/23 4:44 pm - Warren, OH

We have had Aldis in Warren, Ohio since the 1960's. Back then they only sold genetic products and all of their canned goods had a black and white label that just said corn, green beans, spinich, etc. People would buy Aldi's foods by the cases and line their shelves with all white labels with black print. If a label came off a can you opened it to see what surprise was inside. We called it the generic store. Now they are amazing full service supermarkets. They became associated with Instacart shortly before the pandemic and really grew after that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 11/9/23 6:26 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I remember that a little, in the 80s the grocery near my grandparents was an A&P that was bought by Aldi. It was very different. I always thought of Aldi as a seconds store until I came here

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 11/9/23 7:16 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

I hope Sheila is doing great in her recovery! I'm sure she's following every rule and resting as much as possible.

Yesterday was brown dog, brown dog, brown dog. Never left the house until 5 pm. He was not able to get the drain removed last night and we have to wait until Friday evening Boo for him and boo for me having to fight rush hour traffic again to take him. But, whatever he needs...

Roger is leaving for a golf weekend in Vegas in 2 hours. Yay for the house all to myself. We get along great and all, but I sure could use a break. All this closeness with both of us retired is a lot. And since between my ankle and the dog, I've been pretty restricted to the house, well, lets just say the house is feeling smaller every day. The minute he leaves I am going to get the vacuuming and the dusting done and then just bask in the gloriousness of alone time. I also start PT for my ankle today and need to get gas. May need to take out a loan to fill up the gas tank.

Accountability for yesterday. One fun size Milky Way. Food on plan, water all day.

QoTD: Fake coffee in the morning, then water all day. I don't drink enough, but I'm trying to work on that.

Meals today

B: more butternut bake and a fried egg.

L: one beef taco

D: charcuterie plate and a chick flick

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Emiepie
on 11/9/23 7:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I quiet weekend sounds like exactly what you need. I hope the drain is ready to come out tomorrow. I think Sheila's a diligent rule follower!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 11/9/23 7:28 am
RNY on 11/21/16

What I wouldn't give for a weekend at home to myself! Enjoy every minute!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 393 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?