RNY on 11/21/16

Those eggs sounds delish, too!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 11/8/23 6:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Not much on tap for today besides class at 4:00 and getting caught up on classes (as usual...). Not taking four next semester. Of course I said that last spring and registered for four this semester anyway. Not happening again. Two. Two classes is fine. Already picked out the online one I'll be taking through the Milwaukee campus. I've had this prof before, and he is terrific (he taught the 1960s cultural history course I took a year or so ago). He's doing a 20th century pop culture course next semester. I've already contacted him to see if he plans to accept auditors, and he said yes. Great! At the Madison campus, a British History since 1688 course is at the top of my list. I took the first half of that course (British History UP TO 1688) about 30 years ago (for credit) under a different prof, back when my plan was to get a PhD in some kind of European history (a plan which fell through, obviously...). That other professor has since retired, but I have the current prof right now - he's teaching my World War 1 course, and he's pretty good. Unfortunately, the class is in person, so I need to think about this. I like in person classes, but I prefer online spring semester because the weather is unpredictable for the first half of the semester. I don't like being out in single digit temps or navigating icy sidewalks. I know - I'm a wuss. Unfortunately, the Madison campus doesn't offer nearly as many online classes (unlike Milwaukee, their focus is still on traditional students - and research), so almost everything is in person. But...we'll see.

I'm also going to go to one of the water aerobics classes today since it's supposed to rain off and on all day.

QOTD: we don't decorate at all. We quit putting up a tree years ago because of our cats. Other things followed - fake candles in the windows, Christmas-themed throw pillows and dish towels - we don't do any of that anymore.

coffee with half & half

2 protein pancakes topped with 1/2 C of plain skyr + cranberry compote

salad with Thai-style dressing

pumpkin yogurt topped with a couple of tablespoons of high fiber cereal

protein shake

1 c mushroom tortelloni with homemade (always!) marinara sauce

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 11/8/23 6:59 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Wednesday,

It's a little dreary here this morn but nothing a little Sonny Rollins can't fix.

QOTD- No holiday decorations for me.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, tangerine.

L: Rotisserie Chicken, broccoli.

D: kielbasa, onions & cabbage, salad.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Teenie
on 11/8/23 7:16 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Meneuers,

I would have beat the cat to that M&M hands down. Even with my bum knee. Hope your classes go well. Sounds like you put tons of time into it and you are very matriculas. I never expected anything less.

My brother did not win his election. Disappointed but not surprised. He was running on the Dem ticket and there are 11,000 more registered Rep in our county, so it was an uphill battle. Not one Dem one in any of the races. I want to get back to daily exercise. Brother left last night to go to Delaware, so I got Mom duty till Sunday. Hopefully I will be motivated to start back on the elliptical soon.

QOTD: I don't do anything till the weekend after Thanksgiving. I have to many Fall decorations I enjoy to take them down early.

Accountability: A had a Ballotin Peanut butter chocolate whiskey

TSS: 5 years 10-months 28-days 161.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F pumpkin pie Greek Yogurt and berries,

CB: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Korean BBQ chicken thigh, 1/2 Avocado, and snack select

D: Meatloaf and vegies

Exercise: Dog walking.

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 11/8/23 7:24 am - Warren, OH

Sorry your brother did not win. I am so happy with Ohio voting to allow women to keep their rights. When I was growing up abortion was not legal and women would go to doctors who would perform the abortion on their kitchen table. Many got terrible infections and some died. The law did not prevent abortion, it just prevented women from having abortion in a hospital with care and safety.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 11/8/23 8:05 am
RNY on 06/03/15

a former co-worker of mine had an illegal abortion in the 1960s. She had no idea if she was going to live or die, but she was NOT going to go through with an unwanted pregnancy. I can't even imagine being in that position. It's terrible that we're back to that. I just thank my lucky stars that I'm well past my reproductive years.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 11/8/23 9:06 pm - Warren, OH

I was in high school then and knew lots of girls who did their own abortions with a knitting needle or broken Coca Cola bottle or a bottle of over the counter quinine. There were also doctors that did kitchen abortions. Sometimes they were weak and bleeding for a long time afterwards and sometimes the do it yourself did not work and they ended up having unwanted children.

I believe abortion is a tragedy for the mother and for the child. At least it can still be done here in a safe procedure.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 11/8/23 7:33 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Sorry to hear your brother didn't win. I hope you get some time for yourself and can get back to daily exercise soon!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Grim_Traveller
on 11/8/23 7:47 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm sorry your brother lost, but happy it's over for you. I'm sure it was a lot extra.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 11/8/23 7:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry your bro didn't win, I can only imagine the type of stress it puts on all of you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 390 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics