What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/8/23 1:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! I think I am finally back on a normal sleep schedule. I think it must have been a little bug that took me down. I still feel a little run down, but I am mostly back to normal :)

Despite being tired, it's been a veryyyyy busy few days. I spent almost every second of Monday and Tuesday doing things for my upcoming classes. I've baked over 200 cookies, made power points, made name tags, added my business card to gifts, laminated step by step directions, measured out individual cups of sprinkles, etc, etc. etc. I am sure most people just assume that a class involves baking and making icing, but it's so much more. Back at it today.

The only break I took yesterday was jumping back on the riding mower to get the next round of leaves. Grim says there are organized races on them, and now I want to enter! I need to learn tractor tricks, next. Tractor wheelies are definitely in my future.

QOTD: When will your holiday decorating start? Grim and I are putting our Christmas Tree up next week! Partially because I need his help to put it up, so it needs to get done before the 2nd knee surgery. But also because we enjoyed having it up early during COVID and decided we should keep it up as a tradition :) It's funny because our cats pretty much destroy everything in the house but they have largely ignored the Christmas Tree. Every now and then they get a little wild with an ornament, but mostly nothing.

Accountability: All good, except for when we found M&Ms. Funny story--I dropped an M&M on the floor and my (ham) cat, who was upstairs, came FLYING down the stairs and was at my feet in less than a second. Apparently the sound of an M&M hitting the floor is the same as a cat treat hitting the floor. I very much relate to his enthusiasm for treats :)

I might have invented a yummy breakfast yesterday. I am calling it "pizza eggs." Nothing super fancy, I just added some ricotta, diced tomatoes and pizza herbs to my eggs and it was very yummy! It would have been even better with a little pepperoni!

• Protein Coffee
  • Pizza Eggs
  • Veggie Burger
  • Chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

White Dove
on 11/8/23 3:08 am - Warren, OH

I have a live tree so start about two weeks before Christmas and get it down before New Years Day. I have had cats that ignored it, cats that sat happily under i****ching the lights, and cats that climbed up to the top and knocked down ornaments. Lots of cats and live trees in my life.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 11/8/23 3:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all.

nothing much to report today. Yesterday was abysmal. We'll probably put up the rest of the porch tree. Maybe we'll get started on indoor stuff too. Thankfully my mom is scaling back a bit this year. No bathroom decoration stuff. At least as of this point in time. Lol I look for the house tree to go up this weekend into next week.

It got over 87° here yesterday. I am tired of the heat this year. Supposed to be a high of 51° tomorrow. Gotta love the weather. My blood sugar this morning was the best fasting in a long while. 126. Wouldn't you know I was weak last night and had a piece of candy before going to bed? Made me remember that I do better with a carb before bed when I'm on insulin. Just not candy though. I wish my mom would stop buying that crap, it's my fault I ate it...don't get me wrong but I do wi**** were not in the house.

I feel like caca so I'm hoping for a quiet day.

QOTD: usually right about now my mom starts.

B: eggs, cheese and coffee x 2. Might have a low carb piece of toast.

L: salad with chicken

D: ????

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 11/8/23 3:40 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Wednesday! The week is flying by.

QOTD - I leave my tree up all year round but I do the rest of the decorating starting after Thanksgiving.

Quick post today - I have to get my workout in and the rest of the week all my meetings start at 6. I did get over 10K steps yesterday and more active minutes than I expected but it was a long day, my flight home landed 20 minutes early so yay for tailwinds due to the temperature change today but also very bumpy -- worth it for the extra speed though! I have my trainer after work and a few things I needed to do errand wise.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

skyr

pb English muffin

I'm testing a new meal delivery service called Home Chef so today I should get my first meals - either jalapeno steak somethings or bulgogi bowl from that.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 11/8/23 7:26 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Con grates on the 10k steps and the tail wind. I love Bulgogi. We have a Korean take out place I love. I need to grab dinner there again some evening. The only problem is I can't get it without the Spicy noodles. I love those but the carbs kill me.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 11/8/23 3:49 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning gang. Congratulations to Ohio for protecting freedom!

No plans today, just more of the daily grind.

QOTD: Growing up, no one put out Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving. It keeps getting earlier and earlier. It makes christmas feel less special. But I participate in it, nonetheless.

JB is a pro on the tractor!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Amy Liz
on 11/8/23 5:04 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I resemble that meme! Your pizza eggs sound really good, I'll have to try them. Yesterday was a great work day and the rest of the week is looking the same. Things have really settling down and I'm grateful to be so available in my new location. I'm still waiting for the re-org to be approved by the BOS later this month. I'm looking forward to getting the recruitments going in December and the unit properly staffed and trained when that all falls into place. In the meantime, we are in a really good place, temporary or not. I've put any other work/travel plans on hold because I need to see this through. It may end up being my dream job after all but I still have 10 years to go, sooooo...

QOTD - In our house, Thanksgiving comes first! But then it's on and I LOVE IT! None of our littles mess with the tree but one pup loves to sleep under it and may knock off an ornament that way.

Accountability - perfect, 200.1 today. Yesterday, I had carbs at lunch and carbs at dinner, all planned in my calorie deficit with my protein goal met and I lost weight. I'm losing weight! Maybe carbs aren't the enemy and right now they are my sanity.

B- coffee x 3, cottage cheese

l - leftover chipotle bowl

d - veggie cheese omelette

s - tomatoes, cucumbers

cals 776/76 g protein

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Grim_Traveller
on 11/8/23 5:28 am
RNY on 08/21/12

200.1! Teetering on the brink!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 11/8/23 5:52 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay! You're doing awesome and I'm so glad work stuff has settled for you.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Greateight
on 11/8/23 6:00 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I'm happy for you Amy.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 377 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 217 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics