What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 11/5/23 4:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all! Hoping you're all having a wonderful weekend. Except for the time change! I could live without that!

Not a lot planned for the day and I am thankful for that! My mom is doing a lot better since she had that bad tooth removed. She's like a different person. She must've had a big infection going on. What a freakin relief.

There isn't a whole lot going on this week. My mom has an appointment with a cardiologist on the 9th. I'm sure we'll have the kids at least tomorrow and maybe Friday. I need to pick up my long acting insulin tomorrow(they had to order it). The price of insulin is insane might I add. Thankfully it's covered but it's ridiculous that for so many it's not.

QOTD: are you already planning Thanksgiving? whether it be the meal or all of it?

We are loosely planning. We're scaling back on a lot of our stuff. Especially desserts. It'll just be 7 people so there is absolutely no point to making a ton of food. Especially when my brother and his family don't like good things...LOL they won't eat onions or veggies.

B: low carb wrap with avocado, arugula and turkey lunch meat. Oh and sharp cheddar

L: the left over soup from yesterday

D: roast and carrots that I started this morning.

Mel

Amy Liz
on 11/5/23 6:22 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ People in pain are painful! Glad you mom is feeling better.

Ever have a spontaneous muscle spasm? While walking the dogs in the park yesterday I did in my left side low back. I don't know what I did to deserve such hell. It was gut wrenching, doubled over pain. I couldn't walk or move or breath. Rob had to go get the car. It's better now, though still hurts when I move or bend and takes my breath away. I just read it can be from too much caffeine and that is very true lately. I went from 2 cups to 6 recently. I will take it back down. Taking it easy today.

What I wanna know - Is Taylor Swift at the game in Germany?

QOTD - Yes, we are going to my brothers on Thanksgiving with the whole fam, but I am cooking a mini one here on Friday. I make the same thing every year, but this year I am making sweet potatoes with butter, brown sugar swerve and SF marshmallows. I hope it's good. Say what you want but I love this dish. And green bean casserole - love it.

Accountability - perfect, but add Almond Kringle, a half serving - yum, but so sweet. 201 this morning. I'm swollen and sore and I can't move my ring.

B- coffee x 2, ? not kringle

l - light chicken enchiladas w/tomato shredded lettuce and greek yogurt

d - corned beef and cabbage

s - qukes and ranch

No MFP stats

Have a great day!

TRUTH!! Fussing at 4 am today

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 11/5/23 6:35 am - Warren, OH

Back around 1978 or 1979 Ohio decided to stay on daylight savings time. It did not get daylight until 9:00 AM and the kids had to wait for their school bus or walk to school in total darkness. It did stay light until an hour later in the evening, but people hated the morning darkness. It was voted out. The next year we did daylight savings time. People who are trying to change it are too young to remember that experiment.

I am so sorry about the muscle spasm and never heard of that. Thank god Rob was there and able to help.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/5/23 6:58 am
WLS on 07/15/22

One very good thing for having a SO! I've had to carry tired or injured dogs home before. Much as they'd probably like to help, they wouldn't be able to do the same for me.

I prefer the early morning light but that's because I'm a morning person, which might just be the minority. There are pros and cons in both directions. We've lengthened DST in my lifetime and I wish we wouldn't. It will be interesting to see what happens. We already have places that don't change and it's always fun with my friend in Phoenix when we go from 2 to 1 hour difference. Least it means I don't get 10pm phone calls for a while.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/5/23 6:54 am
WLS on 07/15/22

That sounds horrible! Hope you're okay. I definitely get twitches and spasms and have had some weird pains that doctors haven't diagnosed...but nothing like that. And never heard it can be caused by caffeine (eyeing the literal whole pot of tea on the coffee table). Eek. Hopefully dialing back will help. Ouch.

My dogs agree with your meme. They keep me on point for meals.

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Amy Liz
on 11/5/23 7:17 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I've had some really weird sudden pains during the initial loss phase after surgery - I think they were from the extreme weight loss.

Pups and Kitties don't forget, ever!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 11/5/23 7:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love baked sweet potatoes with butter and brown sugar Swerve!!

I make my casserole differently since I mash the sweet potatoes - and we all eat them, not just me. Mine has sugar (I think maybe brown sugar - can't remember since I only make it for Thanksgiving), half & half, butter, pecans, and coconut. And eggs I think.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/5/23 6:51 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning Mel and weekend menuers,

It's amazing the difference a lack of pain can make, especially after it's become your normal. I hope your mom continues to have her mood improve.

My dogs would agree with the pic...I purposely fed them a half hour late last night and gave them some bonus wet food. Then played dead when young dog fwomped on me this morning acting half starved. He makes me laugh so hard sometimes...good for the soul. I'm probably one of the few who is happy when daylight saving ends. It just aligns better time-wise with my internal clock.

QOTD- I'll work remotely from my family's house for the week. After the week I spent there cooking for them in July, they've requested we try something new. They want to experiment with non-traditional food none of us have tried. I've bookmarked a few interesting recipes to put forward. Kind of fun to think it'll be something new for all of us and I like the fact that they're embracing different.

Speaking of which, they're almost in Bar Harbor this morning. They finally made it to Maine for the first time. I've been sending them trip suggestions and they did hit Bob's for clams, their first lobster roll, beer, and other assorted delicacies. Fortunately, they loved it. While it looked good in the picture I did get a reminder at just how much food it was...a whole table of mostly deep fried seafood! I'm happy with the little clam box these days. They have an itinerary for the trip that they shared with me and have said there are still some beautiful leaves to see. I'm glad for them. They're going to hit some of my favorite places in Vermont, too. And pierogies in Teenie's neck of the woods.

I'm trying to stay home and not spend money for a bit so I can finish trip planning. I dragged out all of my beachy, hot weather and swimwear stuff this weekend and tried it all on. Turns out I haven't downsized any of that stuff yet and in thinking on it, the last two times I'd been in water included Iceland's mineral springs in 2019 (~size 24) and Australia in 2017 (~size 12). I've identified a couple things I can take from Australia, along with the clearance I've been stockpiling. I can fit three items at this size for one item at my 2019 size. Allows for more variety in packing, I guess. I'm also always that tourist wearing long sleeves, long pants and a hat to offset the equatorial sun. I might stick out but at least I don't burn as much.

Bit more laundry and sorting today. I'll dig around in the freezer and see what needs cooking. Food is the last of the lunch meat, I think, more yogurt, shredded chicken salad, cider, and a sliced apple I forgot about. I'll finish deep scrubbing the kitchen today and pack up a load of things for the blessing box.

Happy Sunday.

catwoman7
on 11/5/23 7:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

It was so nice to see the sun at 6:00 AM this morning - not sure how elated I'll be at 5:00 or 5:30PM when the thing is setting! But...I'll get used to it. It's an absolutely gorgeous day out there (and promises to be tomorrow as well). 50s today, 60s tomorrow - sunny both days and not much wind. So I'll be out there biking or walking - prob this afternoon when we hit the highs for the day.

MIL is being released from the hospital later this morning, so DH is headed over there.

QOTD: I have no idea what we're doing for Thanksgiving and probably won't until the week of it since it all depends on MIL's health. If in the hospital, we'll have dinner on Thursday with my mother and maybe my niece and her boyfriend - although I don't know their plans yet - it could be they'll be with his family - I have no idea!). If MIL is at home and OK with company, then we'll have dinner on Thursday night and bring my mother along - and possibly my niece and her beau - unless they plan to be elsewhere. Or if MIL is home but not up for company, the two of us may just have dinner with her on Thursday, and then a bigger dinner on Friday with my mom, niece, and her beau. In any of these events, I'll be the one cooking. I always am. My mother hates cooking, and my MIL can't really do it anymore.

coffee with half & half

pumpkin yogurt, 2 crumpets with butter and fig jam

protein shake (?)

hummus sandwich on 35-cal bread with tomato and cuke slices

Ratio yogurt

salad with Thai-style dressing and some kind of protein for dinner

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 380 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 377 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 217 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views