What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 11/4/23 1:22 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all!

I got put back in insulin yesterday. I know logically it's not the end of the world but it felt like a big blow. I'll be doing meal time and the longer acting insulin shots. It is what it is. My A1c was 8.2% which is up 1.1% since the beginning of august.

No big plans that I know of for today. I think my mom is wanting to get some groceries from a certain store. Hoping for a quiet weekend.

QOTD: what is your favorite "healthy" food? What about your least favorite?

My favorite relates to the meme today, I love avocados! Least is peas. I can tolerate them in soups and I like split peas but they are just not my favorite. Also I hate frozen green beans...they stay waxy or something.

B: low carb bread, egg stuff, turkey sausage and coffee x 2

L: big salad with chicken and an avocado

D: not sure on this one. May do fish in the new air fryer we got yesterday (it's a dual air fryer, might do Brussels sprouts in the other side...we'll see).

Mel

White Dove
on 11/4/23 3:50 am, edited 11/3/23 8:51 pm - Warren, OH

I had to go back to insulin in 2016 due to kidney disease. They were starting to fail and then made much worse when I had heart pain and they injected a dye to test my blood vessels. It was not due to eating wrong. It is possible in your case that the pancreas will start working enough so that the insulin is not needed or they may invent a better pill. The important thing is to get the blood sugars under control to protect the rest of your body. With a pen and very thin needles the shot is painless for me.

My favorite thing to eat is a freshly picked tomato still warm from the sun. Frozen green beans are pretty awful.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 11/4/23 6:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hope you are able to get your BS under control and feel better. I had a fabulous day yesterday at my sisters house with my siblings in the pool. It was such a gorgeous hot day. Lots of reminiscing over the good memories and no one was drinking for a change. Today we are getting the Starbuck gingerbread latte, yum then walking the dogs at the park. I have lots of organizing and cleaning to do and a few errands too. I forgot that Gilded Age season 2 started so I'll watch that. Just a typical chill day here, the best kind.

QOTD - I love most veggies. Tomatoes are #1 snd I eat them about everyday, year round and I also love seafood. As far as my least favorite healthy foods are brussel sprouts, lima beans and broccoli. I'm sure it's from being forced to eat them as a kid. Add zucchini to the list these days. Tofu (if you consider that healthy) is never gonna happen or any fake meat for that matter.

Accountability - again no breakfast, stuck to my plan perfectly. 200 today.

B- coffee x4, veggie scramble, 1/2 tall SB gingerbread chai latte

l - leftover greek salad w/gyro meat

d - leftover pizza toppings

no macros

Have great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 11/4/23 6:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

actually, I've read fake meat isn't very healthy (unfortunately, because I do eat it occasionally - I try to avoid eating the real thing). It's super processed. Although in my case I don't eat the fake stuff for health reasons - it's because I try to avoid real meat for ethical reasons. But for people doing it because they think it's healthier - nope. It's definitely not!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/4/23 6:15 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

I think the fun part with the fake meat is the science that goes into it trying to make the taste and texture as close to meat as possible, and that fiddling is part of what makes it unhealthy. Mushroom burgers, tofu, black bean burgers...a lot of those aren't bad for you depending on which you end up with. Science can create amazing things, even if they aren't always healthy.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 11/5/23 3:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yes - you're correct. Ones made with things like tofu and black bean burgers are fine. I was thinking of Impossible Burgers and Beyond Burgers - really good, but not very healthy.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 11/4/23 6:12 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

So close to onederland! Hope you get a picture or something to commemorate. Love your pool time. Glad it went well.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 11/4/23 8:07 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I was never a fan of tofu until I had it at a chain restaurant called Pei-Wei in their ginger-broccoli dish. Firm tofu, in a tasty sauce, is indistinguishable from chicken breast, I think. And crispy tofu is yum. But the preparation is key which is why it's something I only eat out!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 11/5/23 3:31 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I love crispy tofu!!!

catwoman7
on 11/4/23 7:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

MIL is back in the hospital as of Thursday. They'll be keeping her there at least through the weekend, so I'm looking at this as an opportunity to maybe take a day trip, or do SOMETHING, because we won't have to worry about her. It's sad we only have an opportunity to do this when she's in the hospital (or rehab), but it is what it is. Hopefully DH will be up for taking advantage of that, since these opportunities don't come up very often any more!

I'm down another pound today, thankfully. I'm going to try really hard to stay on track on the days I don't have any "events" going on, since we're headed into the holiday season with brunches, lunches, and parties at least once a week. I can't afford to gain anything since I'm at the top of my range. Ugh. It was so much easier to stay on track the first couple of years after surgery!!

QOTD: I've always been a pretty healthy eater, even before WLS and even as a kid, so I like pretty much everything that's considered healthy. Big surprise, but I especially love yogurt/skyr (and except for Ratio, most of it is homemade) and fruit. I do have issues with a few vegetables, though, because I'm very sensitive to bitterness (I found out a couple of years ago that this is actually a genetic thing - and yep, I test as being very sensitive to bitter tastes). Sometimes even cabbage tastes bitter to me. I love Brussels sprouts depending on how they're cooked - because if they're prepared certain ways, they're too bitter. And watercress - can't handle that at all. Super bitter. I remember having a Chinese dish once that had bitter melon in it. I couldn't eat it - it tasted like quinine. Meanwhile, DH was eating it with abandon and thought I was nuts! (to answer your question, super favorites - yogurt/skyr, sweet potatoes, berries, summer peaches, summer tomatoes, summer strawberries - any fruit and most veggies in season, actually. I'm not that crazy about bananas - too sweet).

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit (I might make crumpets or protein pancakes later this morning because I have sourdough coming out of my ears - if so, I'll limit it to one. I can easily fit one into my menu...)

pumpkin yogurt ?

taco filling over cabbage/lettuce/carrot combo, topped with diced tomato, plain yogurt, and salsa

have a great day, everyone!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 377 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 217 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views