What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 11/2/23 2:55 am, edited 11/2/23 3:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning everyone! Well, I made a scary and bold decision yesterday. I decided that there was no reason to spend half a day at an interview for a job I was never going to accept. On one hand it would have been good practice but on the other hand, they are very serious about filing the roles quickly and I didn't want to waste their time. I have applied to an absolute TON of things in the last two days and I hope the risk pans out. But nothing about that job sounded like it would set me up for success--plus it was a long commute and a pay cut. No thanks.

I jumped out of bed with a start this morning. I had been laying there for an hour playing games and watching Tok Tok videos but I got a Ring Doorbell alert that someone was at the back door, and I looked quickly and it looked like someone was going through my car! It turned out that I looked too quickly--it was an Amazon delivery guy and he pulled into our driveway, so the car door he opened was his own. Phew! Not that I keep anything valuable in there, but I still would have been mad. I did feel bad that Grim also jumped out of bed when I said something -- he should not be jumping!

QOTD: Do you ski? I tried it a few times as a kid. I didn't mind the skiing part but I was literally terrified of the ski lift. As a teen I did cross country a few times but being sweaty and hot from a hard workout while in freezing temps is definitely not my favorite thing, so I never did it again. This is also why I don't enjoy shoveling! I do, however, like a nice ski lodge :)

Accountability: a few more pieces of chocolate. I need to throw the rest out.

• Protein Coffee
  • Eggs
  • Chicken
  • Chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 11/2/23 3:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Thursday! Good call, QJB, on the interview -- it's great to do things for practice and if you are truly interested if they say yes, but your time is valuable too so not wasting it is good. Glad you weren't being robbed!

QOTD - yes, I'm not great at it though and not for years. I'd actually rather shovel, lol. I enjoy snow shoveling. I've done down hill and cross country and a couple of years ago I did snowshoeing but it was an uphill track and it was after I had come back from Antarctica so sick that it was not the most enjoyable...so I do want to try it again.

I'm off for a long weekend with friends and I'm just going to relax and indulge. I had thought about getting up early and getting in a work out but I have some actual work I need to do before we had to the airport at 5 am so I just decided to take a 4 day hard exercise break. We will have a ton of walking but it will all be at a snails pace I am sure -- it still counts as steps though!

Have a great rest of the week and weekend!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 11/2/23 7:17 am
RNY on 11/21/16

It tonally counts! Have a fabulous vacation!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Teenie
on 11/2/23 7:47 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good for you Jen. Your weekend sound amazing. Drink two fisted and count it as a lifting session. Enjoy!!!

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 11/2/23 7:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Enjoy the weekend!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 11/2/23 7:54 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Have a great trip of r&r! Safe travels.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Melody P.
on 11/2/23 3:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

I've got an appointment at 10 this morning and we've got to do a grocery run.

Lately every time I eat a carb...no matter the source I get what I like to describe as a hot flash and my blood sugar goes through the roof. So no more oatmeal(I was eating half a serving) and i'm going to cut out a lot of carbs until I can see my PCP. Of which I'll call today and see if I can get in sooner than my appointment on December 5th. Yesterday after a small bowl of potato soup my BS went to 300+ range. That's just so bad. I can't believe it's gotten so bad again. While my eating could vastly improve I don't think what I've been eating is all "that" bad. I've been lax on it though so I am to blame in the end. Depression sucks is all I can say. When you don't care to live sometimes it's hard to care about your food all The time.

I'm looking for inexpensive low carb breakfast recipes! I am certain eggs are not the issue here as explained below.

I've also figured out what is giving me this rash. By process of elimination. The medication for insomnia and depression I take. I've taken it for YEARS but all of a sudden it's causing this...along with stress. I see my psychiatrist NP on the 22nd.

QOTD: never

B: gf slice of bread, 1 egg, cheese and a small avocado. Coffee x 2

L: undecided, prob chicken and ????

D: ????

Mel

White Dove
on 11/2/23 4:14 am - Warren, OH

It sounds like your pancreas is just wearing out and not producing enough insulin to cover what you are eating. That does not mean your eating is bad, just that time is taking its toil. There comes a point with many people when insulin might be needed again. Talk to your doctor about what is going on. There are new drugs that might help.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 11/2/23 7:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Are you currently on any BS meds? I know you stopped taking Ozempic a while back.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 11/2/23 10:44 am - Amarillo, TX

I'm on januvia.

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 463 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 380 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?