What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/27/23 3:15 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and Happiest of Fridays to you! Grim is home! The pain definitely set in but we expected days 2 & 3 to be the hardest, so he's right on schedule. Hopefully it gets much better after today. He has PT coming to the house today and other than that, I just need to do an absolute ton of cookie stuff. I'm teaching two completely full Halloween classes this weekend and I also have a huge order due next week.

Pics are: The best clam strips I have ever had. An Apple Orchard from our travels. And how my cats feel about the royal family, apparently. They watched the Oprah interview and they are definitely team Harry & Megan, lol.

QOTD: Who do you look like in your family? I am a good blend between both of my parents. I have more of my mom's mannerisms so people often say I look more like her, but I actually see myself most in my dad's mother. She was a mean grandma, but at least she was pretty!

Accountability: I really didn't eat much yesterday, but what I did eat was not the best. I'm going to try for a boring food day/weekend.

• Protein Coffee
  • Chicken
  • Chicken
  • Chicken
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 10/27/23 3:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Mornin y'all. Glad Grim is home but hate to hear about the pain!

Not a whole lot planned for the day. We're supposed to have a high of 33 Sunday with precipitation of some kind. Some are saying snow and others ice. Ice would be bad! Our leaves are almost all still on the trees.

I did get in to my neurosurgeon's NP yesterday. Was told as of how it stands now I'm not a candidate for intervention. But they were kind enough to order a myelogram since I had that fall about 6-8 weeks ago. If it shows something different then I might be able to get help. I'm just really tired of it all.

QOTD: my father unfortunately the most. Also my paternal grandmother.

pics are some b&w conversions from older photos.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 10/27/23 4:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Your pictures make me really want to learn more about photo editing. Right now my editing skills consist of "can crop", lol. The top one is perfect for spooky season!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 10/27/23 11:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I love editing almost more than my actual photography. I shoot in a RAW mode that makes it to you have to edit most often than not. I think only DSLR and mirrorless systems can sod it though. I think it's the technical aspect I like about it. It is like an artist using a paint brush.

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 10/27/23 5:17 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Fantastic pictures. Just wonderful.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 10/27/23 11:40 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! :o)

Mel

catwoman7
on 10/27/23 4:21 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I've been feeling really overwhelmed lately - not sure why. I've been busy, but no more than usual. Not sure if it's just the stress regarding my mother-in-law (although DH has been dealing with almost all of those issues, so??) or maybe general fatigue from this new osteoporosis drug? (that IS a common side effect) - not sure, but this is starting to drive me nuts. I can't seem to motivate myself to do some of the things I need to be doing. Welp, we'll try to push again today.. I need to work on classes today (again), and tonight I'm going to Milwaukee with a friend and her husband because she's being inducted into a hall of fame (she's retired from radio - she had a call-in talk show for years on our local NPR affiliate). This should be fun!

QOTD: my dad's side for sure - although for years I was told I looked like his paternal side (the Swedes), but when I was at my lowest weight (30 lbs lighter than now, and pretty skeletal-looking), my mom and my dad's sister thought I looked more like his mother's side. It wasn't that my dad's paternal side had weight issues, but they had these round faces and robust, healthy looks - and his mom's side had more angular, sharp features. So...??? I guess I kind of look like both of his parents in a way.

eating has been OK for the last few days, but I have that dinner tonight (at the award ceremony) and my cookbook group meets tomorrow afternoon, so I'll need to really watch everything else I eat so I don't blow it too badly...

coffee with half & half

skyr with fruit

hummus sandwich with tomato and cucumber slices

something with fiber and/or fat as an afternoon snack to hold me over (yogurt with peanut butter or tahini swirled in, maybe?)

I ordered the chicken entree at the thing tonight. So that and whatever comes with it

ex: high 60's again today, 40s on Saturday and Sunday, and then we plunge down into the 30s starting Monday, so I'd better get out and walk a lot the next couple of days! (rain off and on - so biking is out)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 10/27/23 4:22 am, edited 10/26/23 9:24 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good Friday morning QJB and menuers,

Mmm, clams! And orchards. Hope it was Bob's for you! I didn't get to stop by this time and my clams came from the chowder place. Glad Grim is home with you and good luck with all things cookie.

QOTD- My sister and I have similarities. Otherwise, not sure. Haven't seen my father or brother in over 20 years and longer for the rest of the family. I'm considerably taller than my mom. I got her eyes.

Today is finalizing and submitting budget for next year, plus things with lawyers and just trying to get work done. Also getting my first chemical peel today to try and offset the spreading melasma. Hormones! Had a follow up with one GI doctor yesterday and was taken to task a bit for not giving him 8 vials of samples. Need to do that.

Menu today is the rest of the potato and leek soup with sausage, egg salad, deli meat rolls, yogurt, cottage cheese again.

Picture is a bad mushroom cluster in my yard. Google says these might be contributing to the death of my old oaks. Boo.

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Partlypollyanna
on 10/27/23 4:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and yay Friday everyone! Finally Friday!

I have a very busy friday at work but nothing this evening. I was exhausted last night and went to bed at 630 and so have been up since last night, lol. I know better than to do that and will make sure I stay up until a reasonable time tonight. It wasn't even fully dark at 630!

QOTD - my sister and I have the same chin but outside of that, no. I am the only red head in my generation and my grandmother's sister had the other red heads so everyone always said I took after that side of the family but it was just the mutant gene, we don't actually look alike.

Amy, I am not loving the big foot series, today I actually turned down the sound and just used it for the terrain while watching Netflix. Two more sessions and I'll be done with it -- last year's Salem series was so much better.

Fun weekend ahead - meeting a friend for a museum day out tomorrow, we'll hit the Museum of Illusions which is brand new, just opened last month, then lunch then an exhibit at the Art Museum I'm really excited about, by a Ghanian artist named Amoako Boafo. Hopefully the weekend snow will hold off until we get home, expecting about 4 inches and lows in the teens on Saturday and Sunday night. Picked up the fixings for chili to throw in the crockpot tomorrow and I'm ready for a snow day. I should reorganize the pantry on Sunday but I'm not kidding myself, my favorite thing about the first wintery cold day is using it as an excuse to read and binge watch TV, lol.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3...possibly X4 depending on how the afternoon goes, lol

PB English muffin

ham and cheese on pretzel slider

bunless cheeseburger

Yesterday when I picked up the things for chili, I also picked up a package of chips ahoy which I used to love, I ate two of them and they just didn't taste worth the calories so I threw them away. Who am I? So, no cookies on my menu, lol.

Pictures today are all from the Shining Ball last weekend.

Ghostly Flapper makeup - my bestie did my makeup and kept complaining how hard it was to make me look like a ghost because "you are too pink". Fair, fair.

Arriving at the concert hall, I'm going to use this as my teams background Monday and Tuesday, lol

some of the costumes. There was an amazing frozen jack (he won the costume contest) and also people that came in masks like the topiary animals but I just didn't take a bunch of pictures

My bestie and me and a friendly skeleton, and another flapper ghost we met, she had the white foundation we should have had!
Hoping for some pictures of Costa Rica from Teenie today!

Have a great friday and weekend everyone!

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 10/27/23 5:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, the Stanley posted frozen jack (and tricycle Danny) on their Instagram feed.

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 393 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?