What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/19/23 1:54 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! I love Frog and Toad :) I had a nice day yesterday. I got lots done in terms of getting organized. It was mostly thanks to losing something (which I actually never found) but it helped me get my craft room into shape which was a good thing. In fact, once the craft room was cleaned up, I actually took the opportunity to do a little painting project, which I am going to finish up this morning. Perhaps some pics tomorrow.

QOTD: How long do you think you could last eating the same thing with no variation in your diet? I'm contemplating this because (spoiler alert) Grim is a master at this, and he is the only person I have ever seen completely lose all their regain. I don't feel like I'd be great at it, and my guess is that I might last a week at best, but again--I am intrigued.

Accountability: Another day of not feeling too hungry, so I skipped lunch. I had wicked heartburn all night, so that might be related to my lack of hunger signals? Usually I feel like acid makes me feel more hungry, but who knows.

I'm running low on all my usuals but I cleaned out the freezer last week and realized I have a ton of stuff that I should "eat down" before I buy anything else, so that's going to be my plan. I need to go grab something to thaw for dinner now.

• Protein Coffee
  • Egg White Egg Bites
  • Veg burger
  • probably one of those Trader Joe's marinated chicken or pork things
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 10/19/23 3:29 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone.

My mom is going out with her sister today and I decided to stay home. Yesterday was just not good. I got the call back and she said some rude stuff to me and then hung up when she was done. Then I called the number for the Texas Tech neurosurgery clinic. They said they have to have the referral and wouldn't even let me ask them anything else. I called my current neurosurgeon (who isn't willing and or able to do more complicated surgeries). Scheduled an appointment only to get called back to say he isn't available after all . She made me an appointment with the NP and then said that my reasoning may get that appointment canceled. Only my mom knows this but I'm having issues with bathroom activities along with the mightily increased pain. All in all a bad day. I also sent a letter into the ombudsman of Texas to see if they can help me find care. I think I'll have to end up going to Dallas.

I had a big ugly cry...out of sadness yes but mostly because I'm pissed. My mom then began to cry and say she was worried about my mental health and that I had enough pills to do anything.

Today I'm going to take it easy. Might do a little chainmaille

QOTD: I wouldn't do well at all. I like ALLLLL the flavors and stuff.

B: oatmeal and coffee x2

L: quiche I made last night

D: if my mom and aunt go out to lunch I'll have her pick me up something from wherever...hoping they do Thai!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 10/19/23 4:15 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I hope the ombudsman can help.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 10/19/23 10:13 am - Amarillo, TX

Mel

Grim_Traveller
on 10/19/23 4:23 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm worried about you too Melody. I wish I had some advice, or something to help. I hope you get some relief soon.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Melody P.
on 10/19/23 10:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! I am currently waiting for a call back from the ombudsman office. I was gone for about 30 minutes and of course they called lol.

Mel

Emiepie
on 10/19/23 5:39 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you're able to get some help writing the ombudsman.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 10/19/23 10:14 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Mel

Ajeffries
on 10/19/23 6:17 am
VSG on 01/27/16

I hope you are able to get what you need for help. I do love your Darth Vader meme. It's cute!

Melody P.
on 10/19/23 10:15 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! :o)

Mel

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 393 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?