What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Ajeffries
on 10/18/23 5:47 am
VSG on 01/27/16

I just realized I've gained almost 50 lbs since my surgery when I hopped on the scale today and the scale yelled back at me. It said get the Heck off of me. :( So I have to get back on track and start meal prepping and exercising again. I did get a new dog Monday so that is going to force me to start exercising again. My old dog passed away Thursday and he had been my exercise partner but we stopped that about 3 years ago as he got too old to exercise.

QOTD: I rarely watch any visual media but I did binge watch sex education season 1 when I was stuck in bed a few years ago and I found it funny and I haven't read a book in ages so I need to get back to reading.

Accountability: I've been too busy taking care of everyone else to take care of myself. I've been eating Little Debbies and now I've turned into Big Bertha so it's time to get back to basics before I get back to 300 lbs again

B - Premier Protein/Coffee/Starbucks Bacon Egg /Cheddar / Sandwich

L - Not planned out yet

D - Leftover Potatoes and Sausage.

catwoman7
on 10/18/23 6:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

welcome to the group!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 10/18/23 7:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome! Sorry about the passing of your dog.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Grim_Traveller
on 10/18/23 7:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Welcome back. I had some regain also, and being here every day is really, really helpful.

Little Debbie isn't nearly as nice as she seems.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 10/18/23 10:42 am - Warren, OH

I had the opportunity to hear Dr. Now from My 600 Pound Life talk at the OH Conference a few weeks ago. He spoke about regain and said that 75% of people regain back to close to their presurgery weight.

In January their new season will be about regain. I think it will be patients who get revision surgery so it should be interesting. i had surgery in 2007 and today am within few pounds of my goal weight. It is 136 and I vary from 129 to 141 at different times. It is pretty much dependent on what I eat but exercise helps a bit.

Weigh****chers was a big help a few years back when I gained back up to 164. I attended online meetings and did them daily. They really do help you to get in the right number of calories and the people are inspiring.

I highly recommend their book The Shift

So much has changed through the years and they have kept up and are giving excellent advice. Regain is normal and the body's signal that it has healed from the surgery. Keeping the pounds off is a lifelong struggle but worth it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 10/18/23 6:55 pm
VSG on 08/09/21

Welcome to keeping accountable. I'm looking forward to your posts and sharing your unique journey.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Lisa91941
on 10/18/23 6:06 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Continuing the journey to recover from jet lag. Got in a decent night's sleep again, but up at 4 am. I'm getting there even if my sea legs are sticking around and I feel like we've hit a wave about 10 times a day. I sort of like it. LOL. I did really good food wise yesterday. I concentrated on protein and veggies. But scored zero on exercise. Just worn out. And a 1 on grocery shopping. Ending up popping into our little Sprouts just to get veggies for dinner and cottage cheese for breakfast. Today is another day to do battle. I've got an MRI on my left knee today and then will tackle groceries. Roger is golfing in a fundraising tourny today, so it will be just me all day and I'm thrilled. He still hasn't gotten a surgery date for the Inspire Implant and after three weeks of tight quarters and his daily naps, I'm close to stabbing him in the eye. Not his fault, that is all that saves him. But I did hear him call and aggressively follow up yesterday so I am hoping for some good news this week.

QoTD: I have been reading and reading and reading. I read Tom Lake. Loved it. Virgins of Venice. Very good. Started a half dozen others and decided life was too short to read books that didn't capture me and deleted them. I'm reading Really Good, Actually by Monica Heisey right now and I can't say I love it because it is putting me in such a weird place. Starts out like a rollicking good time of young love and besties and has devolved into body self hate issues, dealing with being an oversized person and owning your own mental health and behavior. But it is also excellent and I see myself and my niece in it so much I just can't believe it. On TV we just started the new season of GBBO and Roger would really like to see Irrational, so that's in the queue for us.

Food thought today so far:

B: cottage cheese and an egg

L turkey deli meat and more salad from last night

D: tbd. maybe chicken with roasted onions and mushrooms and a couple of baby potatoes.

Ok -- by request. Day one and two of the trip. Taking off -- and being in Athens. Walked to the ruins. Saw the original Olympics' stadium. OMG the Acropolis is stunning. We had a perfect late afternoon walk, gorgeous views, perfect weather and a beautiful sunset and capped the evening off at the restaurant in Athens that Jen recommended and it was EVERYTHING!

We got picked up the next morning and taken to our ship. Check in was a breeze and we sailed away from Athens at 6 pm during a ****tail party on the pool deck. We enjoyed a great dinner in the main, formal dining room ( I had Dover Sole) and saw the live show. Woke up in Skiathos. While we were there, it was a quiet, adorable little beach town. Normally, during the high season, it's chaos and partying and craziness. We walked around for a few hours and Roger met the first of many, many new friends he would meet on this trip. We were back on the ship in time to rest in our room, read on the balcony, have canapes delivered to our room pre cruise and then scouted out what would be our happy hour place at the bar for almost every night going forward. It was right in front of the fancy French restaurant and the people watching was fabulous. I felt a lot out of my league on this trip. I mean, the diamond weight to person weight ratio was unlike anything I've ever seen. Roger almost got blinded by the reflection off of one women's wedding ring at lunch one day. We ended up making good friends with these people and had a blast with them. Then off for dinner where I had an apple tart appetizer that almost was my undoing. It was so good, but must have had tons of sugar. I'm happy to say that the tart was as close as I got on the trip to making myself sick, so I thought I did great. Saw a ventriloquist show where the guy riffed on how old people were...and he was right, but also super funny. A great day for both of us.

So much more to come. Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 10/18/23 6:57 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Love this!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 10/18/23 7:36 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Love this! So glad Daphne's did not disappoint! I found being at the Acropolis to be almost surreal to be standing there. It was the first time I really felt like I was walking in the footsteps of history (all straight up too, they must have had buns of steel).

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 10/18/23 8:09 am
RNY on 10/29/19

It was totally surreal. I kept saying I thought I was at Disneyland in a Re-creation of it. It's stunning!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics