What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/18/23 2:14 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Welcome home to Lisa and Matt. I was so busy yesterday and did not get to write anything, but Lisa--we need more details and pics, please! Matt, so glad you are home and resting :) I've gotten texts from our other travelers - looks like Sheila and Teenie are also having a blast in their respective vacation spots, too. Yay!

I feel like this kitty, but my shock is that it's not Monday because I need some extra days! I decorated 120 cookies yesterday and worked straight through from 9am - 6pm. My hand is still throbbing but otherwise no complaints--it was great to get so much done. I need to add a few details to them this morning, but then they just need to dry for a day before they get packaged up. So today will be about organizing for classes, and then.........job applications. I guess I can't put it off any longer :(

QOTD: Media Recommendation Round Up! What old or new books, tv, movies, and/or podcasts can you suggest? I really loved the audiobook version of the book Tom Lake which was narrated by Meryl Streep. I'm sure I would have loved reading it, too, but her narration really made it perfect. I also really liked the HBO Max documentary called Savior Complex. It was very well done. And last, yesterday, I pulled up Netflix on my iPad while I decorated cookies, and got though the first 7 episodes of oldie-but-goody, Ugly Betty, which was so fun.

Accountability: I'm not sure if I was too busy or just not hungry, but I didn't want breakfast or dinner so I skipped them.

• Protein coffee
  • Egg White Egg Bites
  • Costco Chicken Tacos
  • Veggie Burger
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 10/18/23 3:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Yesterday was just a bad day for me. No one returns calls anymore in the medical field. I shouldn't have to hound EVERY SINGLE place. I'm frustrated to tears. It's apparent that they either think I'm exaggerating, out for pain pills or...and I'm betting mostly on this...they don't give a damn. My pain issues might not be a big deal to many people but it's pretty much dictating my life. All they have to do is pick up a phone for 2 minutes to tell me what they know. They aren't that busy at my PCP that they can't do it.

I'm so mad...but mostly sad. I don't even know what to do. I tried calling Texas tech and could never get through. All the numbers they gave went to something else and the one the Medicaid guy gave me was busy. I'm thinking it must be the fax number.

Today we have to take the car to get the oil changed. Other than that I don't think we'll do much. Yesterday we got some good deals at the grocery store but I forgot to get spinach for a frittata I want to make. Thinking of it I might actually have some frozen. I'm not sure when I'll make it but sometime this week or weekend.

QOTD: I don't have much to contribute. I have been listening the the essential playlist of Rise Against. Beartooth's new album came out recently and it's pretty good.

breakfast is pear and cardamom oatmeal

the rest is unkown.

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 10/18/23 6:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Mel, can you just go to your PCP office and ask for the update? I would sit there until they replied but I'm obnoxious like that. I'd also send a fax to that number and ask them to call me, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 10/18/23 4:53 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I'm totally good with Wednesday, but Friday would be better. I was able to get so much done yesterday, like the planets aligned and everything fell into place? This is especially good because today will be a big ol' 0 in the productivity department. Maintenance is doing some work on my office so I have to disconnect and clear all the electronics off my desk, then a meeting and off to get my hair did. Not bad for hump day.

QOTD- I'm reading fluff right now, Elin Hildebrand and I think I've read 10 or more in a row? I really want to go to Nantucket btw... but I'm ready for something else. I have Tom Lake on my hold shelf w/several months wait. I may use an audible credit. I've heard it's great.

Accountability - Great for food. I'm working on getting my water in, sometimes I go hours without a sip at work.
Exercise doesn't fit today, tomorrow it will.

b- coffee, cottage cheese

l tuna, celery

d taco in a bowl

s -jello w/whip, carrot w/Greek ranch

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Grim_Traveller
on 10/18/23 5:02 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Good morning everyone. Lots of odds and ends these days. I've got my preoperative appointment today, and bone density scan and labwork tomorrow. And we're going away to Maine Monday and Tuesday for a concert, and surgery Wednesday. I'm buying enough soda to last until the zombie apocalypse. You never know.

QOTD: I finished When Books Went to War a few days ago. Excellent book. Ah, the days when we didn't censor books. Good times. I'm on the last few pages of A Godly Hero: The Life of William Jennings Bryan. It's just OK, but he's an important figure. Ah, the days we were banning books, again. We really don't ever learn.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 10/18/23 7:35 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Wow, your surgery is fast approaching. What concert are you going to?

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Grim_Traveller
on 10/18/23 7:37 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Bruce ****burn.

6'3" tall, male.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 10/18/23 7:45 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I just looked him up and listened to a song and I liked it, I hope you enjoy the concert!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Grim_Traveller
on 10/18/23 8:27 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Thanks!

6'3" tall, male.

catwoman7
on 10/18/23 5:07 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have a film group discussion this morning - unfortunately, half the group can't make it for one reason or another. I'm going to try to recruit more members since one of the current ones (i.e., my mother-in-law) will probably never be able to join us again, and another (my annoying neighbor) registered for a class this semester that meets at the same time as the group (duh!!). So if we're down one or two additional members for any given meeting (which is pretty much expected for any group meeting), that's half the group. I feel sorry for the woman who's hosting this time since she's making a big brunch. The film this time is "Jesus Camp", which I saw in a theater when it first came out 17 years ago. Glad I watched it again the other day since I'd forgotten almost all of it, except I remember it was pretty disturbing. It was even moreso this time, since some of the things have actually happened (e.g., overturning of Roe v Wade).

which leads to the QOTD: "Incendies" is a great thriller if you haven't seen that one - although you might find it hard to watch given what is going on in Israel right now. It's fictional, but it involves religious strife in the Middle East (they don't identify the country, but it's very similar to what was going on in the 1970s in Lebanon - and part of the story takes place in the 1970s...). I saw it for the third time last week, for another film group. P.S. "Ugly Betty" is great!

I need to focus on eating lightly today, given the brunch this morning. I'm down 3.2 lbs since last week (although some of that is undoubtedly just a normal fluctuation), and I don't want to blow it! I've been trying really hard this week!! So -

coffee with half & half

maybe just a protein shake or some Ratio yogurt this morning

brunch - I know she's making blueberry muffins and some kind of strata for the brunch - can't remember what else

hummus sandwich (on 35-calorie bread) with cucumber and tomato slices

pumpkin yogurt??

ex: it's supposed to rain this afternoon, so maybe I'll take a walk this morning before the meeting. I won't have time to go to water aerobics, and I really have no desire to use the machines at the gym at the moment...

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 393 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views