What's on your Monday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 10/16/23 8:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good to hear that things seem to have gone well. Fingers crossed you get released today

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 10/17/23 1:37 am - Amarillo, TX

I hope you're at your moms house this morning! So glad to hear everything went well :o)

Mel

Greateight
on 10/16/23 7:33 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I had a good weekend. The weather cleared for a day, so I did get try out my bamboo rod. I love the way that it casts. No fish, although I may have been in the wrong area. Live and learn.

We did Lumberjack 20 on Saturday morning. Because of rain, I substituted Assault Bike for running and scaled some thing. But it's a great workout in any case.

Marilyn will be out visiting her parents this week, so I'm on my own. Keeping the house under control when it's just me isn't that big of a problem, it's the kids that make it tough. And that baking class..

QOTD: I went to one of Marilyn's cousins weddings in January of 2021. I'm pretty sure that was the last one.

Breakfast: leftover pizza

Lunch: hamburger

dinner: sausage

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

White Dove
on 10/16/23 11:06 am - Warren, OH

I don't have kids or pets anymore and almost no housework.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/16/23 9:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

QJB - job searches can be really hard when you're 1) just out of college with no experience and 2) when you're changing careers. Especially professional-level jobs. You'll get there, but it could take awhile. The suggestion that you check with your contacts about any openings in their company is a good one - it often gives you a leg up. It took DH a year to find his last job (he left one thinking he'd be employed again within a couple of months - nope! Took a year!). In the interim he took a part time library aide job at the public library just to keep himself busy and so that he wouldn't have a big gap in employment (a gap of couple of months is fine - a yearlong gap, no (unless you're using it to go to school or because you had a baby - or some other big event)). Although you have your cookie business for that, so that works. Just keep at it and try not to lose hope!!

QOTD: I think it was my cousin's daughter's wedding in 2016. Wedding attendance does go in cycles. First it's your friends and siblings, then a big gap - then it's. your friends' (and siblings') kids. I'm in another big wedding gap. It'll be people's grandchildren next.

coffee with half & half

pumpkin protein shake

1/2 a package of Earth Grown southwest burrito bowl topped with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt

kiwi

salad with some kind of protein on it (beans, maybe?), piece of Danish bread with butter and jam

ex: I guess walking...

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Dcgirl
on 10/16/23 9:13 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Julia I feel you so deeply! I had the same experience over the summer. Every job I applied to had hundreds of applicants. I often felt discouraged. In the end it was my network that came through with jobs. Look, you're an HR maven, so you're doing all the right things. Maybe just do more 1:1 reachouts. You never know when someone you know knows someone else who is looking for a head of HR! It's a slog though, I feel you.

Thanks for the concern last week - I was pretty nervous on Friday (day 2 of something not being right in my stomach). After my emergency surgery in January for a peptic ulcer that perforated a hole in my stomach, I'm not taking chances! So I heeded some excellent advice and spent Friday the 13th at the hospital from 6-11 pm. They did a CT scan with and without contrast and everything looked good. I'm on a no spice and no alcohol diet and it's feeling better. I am out of town this week but when I'm back I'll follow up with my GI doctor about getting an endoscopy. I appreciate everyone caring about me!

QOTD: this summer! I have one coming up this February and it's black tie! So I need to find a gown? Ugh. Maybe I'll find a fabulous jumpsuit.

B: nothing yet, not feeling amazing

L: matzo ball soup from Hershel's deli in Reading Terminal Market!

D: tbd if we will go out or order in

Making good food choices while traveling is tough but I'm up for the challenge!

Have an amazing Monday, all!

Emiepie
on 10/16/23 11:11 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Take it as easy as you can while traveling.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics