What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/16/23 2:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Happy Monday, my friends. I hope you all had a great weekend.

Yesterday just devolved into throwing myself a giant pity party. This job hunt is just so... what's the word? I don't even know. I've never been in a situation where my resume is just thrown in the trash without even being considered. I hate it here. But after a day of hemming and hawing and almost having a temper tantrum, it ended nicely with having friends over for dinner and a cute movie. I promise to be more upbeat today. I think I will spend today's job hunt at Starbucks for a change of scenery (and maybe some of that coffee stuff I have been hearing so much about).

QOTD: When was the last wedding you attended? I went to one in 2018 for a good friend but none since. I was invited to my cousin's wedding in 2021 but it was in Oregon and I wasn't comfortable flying during COVID yet. There was a time in my 20s and 30s that I was at a wedding almost every weekend. I guess I am old now, but I am not mad about it. Weddings are fun, but I definitely prefer to be on the 5 year plan!

Accountability: Good on Fri & Sat. Pizza for dinner last night but since Sunday carbs don't count, I guess I was okay?

• Protein Coffee
  • Starbucks Coffee
  • Egg White Egg Bites
  • Chicken
  • Leftover Pizza
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 10/16/23 3:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

We had a mostly stay at home weekend and it was nice! I'm a homebody. We also almost had a freeze but it bottomed out at 33°

Not sure what we're going to do today. We may go get a few groceries. We just need a few basics. I'm also hoping to go by Sam's to get some hard boiled eggs. Yes I know I could make them but I really hate doing em up that way.

Also hoping to hear back about the neurosurgeon thing. I think if I don't I'm going to call Texas tech myself and inquire about it. I might do that too if my PCP can't get it to go in again. I'm already a patient at the Tech clinic here in Amarillo, so maybe that'll help me get in. If not I'll ask my bariatric doctor to see if they can work some magic. I really need to get something done as I am hurting very very badly. Having sharp pains in both legs and esp in my left foot. It's had me in tears multiple times over the weekend. About a week ago or so the pain really elevated to a new level of bad. If I can't get into tech's clinic I will have to wait 6 months for the other one in Lubbock. If not go to Dallas.

QOTD: the last wedding I went to was my brothers. In 2008. I don't know a lot of people locally. I was invited to my cousins son's wedding but it was in the depths of Covid and non of them believed in wearing masks(still don't) and I wasn't about to expose myself to those ******** It was also before the vaccine.

food is...

B: oatmeal and coffee x3

L: ????

D: cod and some riced cauliflower

S: hard boiled eggs and ????

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 10/16/23 3:39 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and happy monday! QJB, I'm sure it's very frustrating but all you can do is keep working it like you are. A change of scenery sounds fantastic!

I had a great weekend, breathed some mountain air, had a car picnic while watching the eclipse, nice dinner out, my aunt did a ton of shopping, since I was on the other side of the world where the Cheese Importer is, I remembered last minute to stop and buy all the cheese. Today nothing on the agenda but jumping on the rower this morning and then work!

Menu today is

coffee plus half and half X2

pumpkin yogurt

left over pizza

adult lunchable

Have a marvelous Monday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 10/16/23 4:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, I forgot the QoTD - my trainer got married in March so that was the last wedding I went to. It was outside at a little brewery near here and about 50 people on a Tuesday evening. Very nice and low key but lovely.

Jen

White Dove
on 10/16/23 4:17 am - Warren, OH

Most companies have employe referral programs. Rack your brain to see if you know someone who works at one of the companies that you are interested in. Being referred by an employee often gets you to the top of the list of people to contact for interviews.

Nobody talks about this but people who are collecting unemployment compensation are required to apply for two jobs a week. The easy way to do that is to find openings online and apply. Employers are bombarded with applications from people who are not really looking for the job. They are just waiting to be called back to their normal work.

So just applying to an online job does not work. It is lost in the huge pile of applications from people are not really interested. One way to possibly get noticed is with an excellent cover letter. The people on unemployment do not do cover letters, but they do have sharp resumes.

Indeed has a resume writing service that ends up costing about $150 and they do a resume review and have very good writers that can spot things that might be a problem. The resume will get read by software and you need information in the way that software will push you to the top of the prospect list. A few tweaks might make a big difference.

Your LinkedIn profile is very important. Make sure that it reflects the work that you trying to get hired for. Recruiters are always on LinkedIn and Indeed trying to find good candidates.

And of course there is always the factor of luck. So I am wishing you good luck. This might be your lucky day.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 10/16/23 4:44 am, edited 10/15/23 9:46 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ The Lords carbs should be easier on the scale and heavenly light, right?! I'm up a pound but 100% plan. I woke up with a headache and feel dehydrated although I am crushing my water and no alcohol goals. Rob is home from the hospital and is feeling much better. Thank you all so much for the well wishes! He needs to make some changes to his diet and exercise routine and so far, he is embracing that advice. Back to work today, I have much to do. I'm glad I had last week cleared for the conference so I didn't get further behind. It was nice being able to take the time off without too much guilt and stress. We'll see today for sure since I have avoided checking my email since last Thursday. It is what it is... I'm done killing myself over what I can't control. I did check my calendar though and I have no meetings until Wednesday so I have all day to get organized and caught up - at least I think.

I had exercise planned for this morning but I blew it off thinking about getting to work early, why? Maybe I just need today to assess and tomorrow I'll be grand.

QOTD - My own in 2018? I cannot think of think of any other lately! Covid really changed things, so we've missed a few.

Accountability - spot on

b- coffee x 2, cottage cheese

l - chipotle bowl - steak, black beans, fajita veg & pico type salsa

d - breakfast - turkey sausage and eggs

s - cucumbers w/yogurt dip, SF jello w/whip

815cals/86g protein

I will walk the dogs when I get home today

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 10/16/23 4:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm glad DH is home and feeling better. Good luck on getting dug out today!

Jen

Grim_Traveller
on 10/16/23 5:01 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm glad Rob is home. It must be a huge relief.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Emiepie
on 10/16/23 6:00 am, edited 10/15/23 11:00 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm so glad Rob is home and I'm so stinking proud of you for staying away from the work email.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 10/16/23 7:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thank yo! Not easy...

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?