What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/14/23 2:10 am - Amarillo, TX

Good morning everyone. Hope y'all's weekend is off to a good start.

Not a lot going on today. Not sure if my mom has anything planned.

I did get a call back yesterday around noon. They ony found one place in Lubbock and it's one who's already said no. Ugh. My PCP is going to call them Monday or might of done it yesterday. They are supposed to call me back but I guess they ran out of time. Hopefully Monday? I had a bit of a breakdown yesterday over all this. Pain levels have been really unbearable and I spend a lot of time saying oh my god over and over. It doesn't help that we are having fronts coming through now and that's absolute crap for my pain. I'm really tired.

QOTD: what's your favorite thing about fall?

Mines easy...when the bug die.

Food is unplanned except oatmeal for breakfast. We'll probably make chicken soup for lunch so I'll probably have it for dinner too.

here are some pics that were in my FB memories.

Mel

catwoman7
on 10/14/23 9:36 am, edited 10/14/23 2:37 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

well my MIL's appeal to her insurance company to cover a few more days in rehab was denied, so DH just left to pick her up and take her back to her apartment. The home health aide company couldn't get anyone scheduled to be at her apt until noon tomorrow (since this was all kind of last minute - the denial came through yesterday at 4:30 pm), so DH will be spending a lot of time over there until then - probably spending the night as well. This has been so awful - I feel terrible for him. To top it off, she's been in horrible moods and has been screaming at him that he's not doing enough (yet he often spends several hours a day doing things related to her care - and/or visiting her). She was yelling at him yesterday because he was at work and not with her. My dad was kind of like this when he had Alzheimer's, so we think maybe the carbon dioxide (she has late stage emphysema) has done some brain damage. Hopefully it's temporary, but I'm afraid not. We of course have zero idea of how much time she has left (other than the average expectancy after diagnosis of late stage is about two years), but we could be in for some very rough times.

in other news, my sister will be arriving today from Reno. She'll be here for a week. In addition to being great to see her, this can relieve some pressure off me as well, since she can do things for my mother (which usually falls to me, since I'm the only "kid" in the area now) which will free up time for me to give DH some breaks.

no big plans for the day other than get some exercise. It's raining (again), so I'll probably have to make a trip to the gym - or do some YouTube cardio thing.

QOTD: fall foods - pumpkin, apples, sweet potatoes, cranberries, things flavored with fall spices.

B: plain skyr with fruit, crumpet with butter and jam

L: maybe a pumpkin/coffee protein shake

AS: pumpkin yogurt with a dollar of light Cool Whip

D: hopefully we won't be going out to dinner, because I really can't afford to. Yesterday's lunch out put me over on calories (again), even though my spinach salad was probably an OK choice. I really don't want to go out again this week. If I don't go, I can have this frozen bean/veggie/sauce thing I have in the freezer (340 kcal for the whole bag - but I'll only eat half of it - which is 170 kcal and 9 grams of protein - so a decent choice as long as I get enough protein earlier in the day (if not, then I'll have another protein shake)). If we do end up going out, I may suggest a Mexican place so I can get a street taco - c. 250 kcal (and that's if I eat the tortilla - fewer kcal if I just eat the innards)

have a great day

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 10/14/23 12:47 pm - Warren, OH

So sorry you are going through all of that with your MIL and hope she does improve soon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 392 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views