What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Emiepie
on 10/13/23 9:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

All will go great! Will look forward to seeing an update when you're able to post.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 10/13/23 10:21 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hope all is going well. I am praying for you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 10/13/23 10:49 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Good luck, Matt.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 10/13/23 7:32 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I'm still screwed up on the days. Yesterday morning I thought it was Friday. This morning I thought it was Saturday. Not sure where I lost a day..

Film group today over lunch (one of my three film groups). We'll be discussing "Incendies", which is one of my favorite films. I watched it for the third time the other night since it'd been awhile since I'd seen it, and I'm sure this one will elicit a lot of discussion. It's no longer on Netflix, but it IS available on Tubi (a free internet movie and TV service - although you have to put up with occasional commercials. I just use them as potty breaks or as a time to check my email or text/phone messages...). Other than that, I'm just going to continue to get caught up with classes. My sister arrives from Nevada tomorrow and she'll be in town for a week, so I may not have as much time to devote to classes this coming week.

QOTD: my walls are pretty much full of art since I love art - esp early 20th century abstract art. I have a lot of prints and museum posters, plus a handful of original pieces. I also have two paintings that my great uncle did 60+ years ago (he was a commercial artist and occasionally dabbled in non-commercial fare), and some of the framed prints that belonged to my maternal grandmother (I still have a lot of stuff that's in closets because I don't have any more room on my walls). My mother has made Polish paper cuttings for years, so I have some of her framed cuttings up on the walls, too. Plus things like temple rubbings that I - and my paternal grandmother - picked up in Thailand.

I'm going to try to eat lightly today since the film group meets over lunch. So here's a crack at it:

skyr or yogurt with fruit

(maybe) a protein shake

at the lunch place - I usually get half a turkey sandwich plus a side (soup, salad, or roasted Brussels sprouts), but I may try something else this time. Maybe French onion soup?

I have this frozen meal of various grains and veggies with a sauce on it in my freezer - may nuke that and eat half of it

ex: heavy rains off and on today, so I'll go to the gym and do something - maybe elliptical or a stationary bike

have a great day, everyone!

These are photos from our trip to Chicago last weekend. The first was taken from the Chicago Architecture Center while we were waiting for our tour to start (in case you didn't know, Chicago is very well-known for its architecture, esp late 19th/early 20th century architecture (lots and lots of rebuilding after the Chicago fire of 1871). Many well-known architects designed the buildings. We've been on a gazillion architecture tours and they've all been terrific!

this also happened to be the weekend of the Chicago Marathon (as I learned from someone on the L, one of the six "biggies" in the world (Boston, Chicago, New York, London, Berlin, and Tokyo) - and like mountain climbers who have a goal of scaling the highest mountain in every range in the world, big-time marathon runners have a goal of running in all six of these marathons (there's even recognition of those who do it). Anyway, there were 50K people in town for the race, so hotel prices were outrageous, and every restaurant in the Loop had lines out the door. But then I happened to remember the Billy Goat Tavern, a dive bar and grill located beneath street level on Michigan Ave. It'd probably been 30 years since I was last there. It was the inspiration for the Olympia Tavern on SNL's early days, back in the 1970s. Those of a certain age will remember the skits (cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger)

Inside the Billy Goat Tavern. I was mortified with DH ordered fries (No fries! Chips!). But he's ten years younger than me, so he's not familiar with the SNL skits. So he can be excused. But still..YIKES!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 10/13/23 8:10 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I think I'm younger than your DH and I know the SNL skit, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 10/13/23 10:18 am
RNY on 06/03/15

yep - you're younger. He's 53 - will be 54 in December. He's an only child, and his father was battling with cancer around that time - and Greg may just not have watched SNL that much, even when he was a bit older (??). Not sure. At any rate, he didn't know the skit.

Grim_Traveller
on 10/13/23 8:15 am
RNY on 08/21/12

No Coke. Pepsi.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

catwoman7
on 10/13/23 10:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

found the skit (well, one of them, anyway - there were several)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJePACBoIo

Julia S.
on 10/13/23 9:34 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QJB Happy Birthday to your Dad! Enjoy him while you have him!

QOTD- I have Robert Lyn Nelson prints, the ocean above and below the water mostly of Hawaii. I just bought a photograph that I have been trying to find since the 1980's. It is by Robert Vavra and is called Foal in a Fall Field. I saw it at an opening in about 1982 and I was totally enamored with it but didn't have the $210 for it. So I've been trying to find it ever since. It's a limited edition photo printed on 100 year paper and when I get it framed I'll take a photo and post it.

My only plans for the weekend are the Oregon/Washington game, and Seahawks game. And I finally got an appointment for the covid booster on Sunday and I'll also get the flu shot.

Today is the last day of sunshine for awhile, but it's only going to be in the mid 60's today. It's that in between when it's not really cold enough for heating or warm enough for A/C.

I need to finish with the Halloween decorations, and possibly transplant my peppers into the greenhouse before it gets cold. This is the first year I'm trying the greenhouse so we'll see how it goes. The peppers are blooming again and I was hoping they might make it through the winter, but a friend with a greenhouse said probably not. I figured I don't have anything to lose.

I need to get back to work.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views