What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/12/23 1:18 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Hello and Happy Jr Friday. Let's all wish my dad a happy 77th birthday! We are celebrating with a day at the Museum of Fine Arts and lunch out. Then we are going to a Paris Patisserie (recommended by Sheila) for a cube croissant.

QOTD: Can you braid? I can do a basic braid but I never mastered French braiding. There was brief period when I could French Braid my own hair but no body else's but I can't do that anymore either.

Accountability: On point all day, but we went out to dinner and I had 1 fish taco, a few tater tots, and 2 cosmos.

• Protein Coffee
  • Lunch out - TBD but I am leaning towards the Ham & Brie
  • Croissant
  • Leftover Fish Tacos
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 10/12/23 1:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! QJB, happiest of birthdays to your day, hope it's a great day.

Not much planned today BUT I should find out if the Medicaid company has found me a doctor. I got a call at 4:40ish asking for a few details. There is no one in town but he had six or seven doctors in Lubbock. He is going to call them all this morning and then call me & give them to my PCP so he can send the referral. Then he'll call me back. I am honestly really exhausted from the constant pain. It's been particularly difficult the past few weeks. Please pray/send positive energy for the situation.

My psychiatric NP wants me to see someone once a week for a bit. So I've decided to try their peer support program. I decided the one on one would be best as I don't do well with big group sessions. Shoot I have a hard enough time one on one lol. I was a little to honest on the evaluation questionnaire I think.

I w1s able to name my weave variation and it's called barrel of monkeys. The base weave is called barrel and one of my chainmaille friends suggested it. I hadn't had a good idea on a name so I went with it.

QOTD. I can barely do it. It's messy but I can do some.

B: omelette and coffee x2

L: will do the cabbage I didn't cook yesterday

D: likely same as lunch

the chicken thigh were amazing yesterday!

Mel

Partlypollyanna
on 10/12/23 4:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Barrel of monkeys is too funny

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 10/12/23 5:54 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you get some good news today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 10/12/23 4:09 am, edited 10/11/23 9:10 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning, good morning and happy Thursday to us all! The weekend is just in sight!

Happy birthday to your dad, have a fun day out

qotd - yes, but much better when I?m doing it in someone else?s head!

Just finished a 6 mile row and currently waiting on the gym mats until I?m sure I can walk up the stairs. It did get me to finish the October rowing challenge and I?m just under 13 miles to go before I check my 600 miles for the year goal off! Busy work day, as usual, with some very interesting discussions going on as we plan for our new year which starts Dec 1 and then I have to drop something off at UPS returns and we?re meeting friends at a Greek restaurant tonight.

menu today

coffee plus half and half x 2

ozery with PB

cheese and yogurt

tatziki, falafel, pita, olives, feta and maybe chicken

have a terrific Thursday all

Jen

Emiepie
on 10/12/23 5:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

You are a rowing machine!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 10/12/23 5:12 am - Warren, OH

French braiding was only done by people of color until 1979. Then the movie 10 was released and featured a white woman with beautiful French braiding. Everyone wanted French braids and I went to a class to learn how to do it. It was more work than I wanted to add to my day and I hired a stylist who came on Saturdays and did the braiding. It was mostly a fad for a while. It is a great style and there are excellent tutorials on Youtube if a person really want to do that.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 10/12/23 5:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I thought 10 was Bo Derek and cultural appropriation of canerows/cornrows not French braids?

So ridiculous that in the year 2023 PoC still have to fight for respect for traditional hairstyles, even though the crown act should have put a stop to that already. Even that was ridiculously late!

Jen

White Dove
on 10/12/23 6:28 am - Warren, OH

You are right that she had cornrolls, but white people quickly came up with their own version using French braids. I never attempted cornrolls. That was a very long and tedious process. It is terrible how POC had to fight for their right to wear their hair in traditional styles.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/12/23 5:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Last night and again this morning I thought today was Friday. I thought I'd missed taking my vitamins yesterday ****ep them in those pill boxes marked with the days), and I thought I had my film discussion group today. Nope. Great - I have an extra day to get some stuff done, then!

MIL's insurance didn't approve additional time at the care facility, so she'll be going back to her apt on Sunday. Crap. Although in some ways it hasn't made a huge difference having her in someone else's hands. Last night she called DH around 10:30 to tell him no one had come by to hook up her bipap machine, so instead of calling the nurses' station (like I would have done), he went running over there to hook it up for her. WTF? I've been reminding him this morning that he should look at these times when she's hospitalized or rehabbing that someone else is in charge, and he doesn't have to be at her beck & call 24/7. He can even mute his phone and not take her calls after a certain hour or when he doesn't really want to. But nope - he jumps when she says jump. I'm afraid he's going to really burn out and/or start getting resentful of her if he keeps this up. Sometimes you have to distance yourself for your own mental health - and the only time he can really do that is if she's in a facility. He's blowing his chance here...

QOTD: I used to French braid my hair a lot when I was in my 20s and had super long hair. I got to be pretty good at it! I don't think I've ever French braided anyone else's hair, though.

I might try just doing meal replacement and/or protein shakes today and take a phentermine tablet later this morning. I'm feeling really bloated again today.

ex: I'll probably do some walking before the predicted heavy rains start this afternoon & evening. We're supposed to have a lot of rain the next three or so days..

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views