What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 10/11/23 2:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hello Hello. Wednesday already? That doesn't sound right. Yesterday was weird. I actually accomplished a lot but it didn't feel like it. Then, all of a sudden, it was 7pm.

Today will probably be the same. Lots to do because tomorrow we'll be out all day. Grim is using the kitchen for one of his projects, so I guess I'll keep focused on job applications today and wait to bake until Friday.

QOTD: Do you think winning the (big) lottery would ruin your life? My mom insists it would ruin my life, but she calls me daily to ask if I got "us" a ticket, and then she starts the conversation with begging me to stay humble and still love her after we are billionaires, lol. She also made me promise that I will go on some expensive trip with her that I really don't want to go on. But I said yes because I really don't think it's going to come up! Especially because Grim and I, as usual, keep forgetting to buy a ticket.

Accountability: Did I mention it was a weird day? I didn't eat breakfast or dinner and wasn't hungry for anything. Late lunch was 5 chicken teriyaki pineapple meatballs, but then I had a few pea sized nibbles of leftover Ren Fair fudge before bed (insert eye roll emoji).

• Protein Coffee
  • Sous Vide Egg White Bite
  • Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Meatballs
  • Chicken Taco
  • High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 10/11/23 3:12 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

It's not been a great night. Same old things. I do have a question for y'all. Have y'all been having trouble with the site loading? It's been off and on for me but it loads fairly slowly on the initial button push. I've lost a few posts.

I have an appointment this morning with my psychiatric NP. That's really the only thing set in stone for today. I'm waiting for a call back from another provider today as well. Whether she does or not remains to be seen.

I'm really not feeling well. The other day we made some cat shelters for my brothers house. I over did it and now my entire body hurts. My right arm in particular is very sore and sensitive. Sleep is very painful. Sleep has actually been a little more plentiful but staying still longer makes me hurt more. I'm frustrated to say the least.

QOTD: I think it can if you let it.I would give away a lot of it. My nieces and nephew would be set for life for necessities. BUT I really believe in sharing the wealth. The local food bank would receive a very large chunk. I think gluttony with money(I'm looking at you Elon musk) is just about the worst you can do. It's like Smaug in the hobbit. No one needs to be that rich in my opinion. Especially when employees of theirs make bare wages and rarely have decent benefits. I would also set up college scholarships for low income families. I couldn't in good faith just sit on the kind of money without helping people.

b: oatmeal and coffee x2

l: air fryer chicken thigh and a small salad

d: ham steak with cabbage and onions...haven't decided on crock pot or stove top.

I finally figured out a smaller size for the weave I showed y'all last week. Here it is besides the copper one from before. I need to come up with a name.

Mel

Queen JB
on 10/11/23 4:22 am, edited 10/10/23 9:41 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Yes! For the last few weeks when I submit my post the page goes blank for almost a solid minute until it publishes. I haven't lost a post yet but it makes me nervous every time.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 10/11/23 4:54 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I've seen a number of people mention issues but I haven't had any, it even saved a long post the other day when I accidentally navigated away without submitting. I use my iPhone," and laptop interchangeably on the site.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 10/11/23 5:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I have been noticing the site being slow and occasionally it has to reload.

The new weave is gorgeous!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 10/12/23 1:17 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you!

Mel

Mkess
on 10/11/23 6:43 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I've had issues with the site for a while now. I'm on an Android Galaxy s23. I have a lot of issues with inserting pictures timing out & losing my post. I also have to resize pics often in order to upload. Whenever I submit a post, it takes forever saying processing. I've dealt with it since you guys are worth it!

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

White Dove
on 10/11/23 4:42 am - Warren, OH

I was around when the lottery was started. My college statistics class did a project. It came out if a person bought their first lottery ticket on the day that Christ was born and then spent $100 every day and never repeated a number combination they would be at about half of the numbers available to play.

I saw the lottery as an unfair tax on people who are not very intelligent. It used to bother me when I had to wait in a store for someone to play their long list of numbers, when I could see that person really did not have an extra $50 to play with.

I still will not buy lottery tickets. And I do understand that someone wins and it can be a fun and harmless fantasty for most people. At work when I did not join the lottery pool, people told me that I would be sorry when they all hit the big number and quit working and I was still there. I told them I would not be still there. I would have a major breakdown and go on disability if that happened to me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 10/11/23 4:44 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

wow do I feel like bloat city this morning - and my weight is up a half pound, too. I'd better watch it today. I went to visit MIL with DH last night. It was awkward. She's not in very good shape and I would be very surprised if she comes back from it. I would feel really awkward going there by myself - which bothers me because the facility she's at at the moment (for rehab - so not permanently) is only a couple of blocks from my house. I could go there any time of day. But...I don't really want to go there unless DH is going, too. He been going over there most evenings, though, so I guess I'll tag along. But..yikes. I really fear for her going home if/when her insurance stops covering rehab. She really needs 24/7 care - I don't think having home health aids at her apt 10 hours a day is enough. But she has hated every place she's been at for rehab or respite - three care facilities - so moving her to one is going to be a hard sell. On the other hand, having aids at her apt (some of whom have no medical background) will cost at least double what it would cost to have her in.a facility. So there's that.. Ugh. What a mess.

I have to watch a movie today for my film discussion group that meets tomorrow ("Incendies" - terrific film if you like thrillers. I've seen it twice but need to watch it again since it's been quite awhile since I last saw it). Other than that, I need to do a grocery store run for my mother and go to class at 4:00. I'll bike over since it'll be in the low 60s with no wind or rain - and I need the exercise.

QOTD: well, since I never buy lottery tickets this would never happen (although my chances of winning are probably just as good NOT buying a ticket as buying one!), but I don't think it would ruin my life unless my win was made public. I'd probably give a bunch away - and all of our money will be going to charity anyway after we kick the bucket since we don't have kids, so...

coffee with half & half

crumpet with butter and jam and a L&F yogurt

possibly a protein shake

salad with Thai-style dressing

skyr with fruit

???

I'm really going to try keep my calories under my limit today. I need to reel things in. Too many days of going slightly over adds up after awhile...

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 10/11/23 8:31 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Did they end up making you do the homework assignment, Trish?

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 398 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 221 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 117 views
Recent Topics