RNY on 02/14/18

Lol Camel rides, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 10/9/23 7:41 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Ooh, Renaissance fair sounds lovely. Getting dressed up and people watching, so much fun.

Fun fun weekend. First, I had been happy about our Indian summer but the weekend was just too hot. Actually the heat started around Thu and lasted till Sat night. Temps in 90°s are just unheard of. And because we are on the coast nobody has AC. Aside from the heat, we got the house ready for Halloween; bought pumpkins, put some decore out, and DH decided he needs to step up and compete with the neighborhood dads. So he went online and ordered some scary animatronics. I also had a great brunch with my group of boys' moms, because this is the last weekend I am in town for a while.

QOD - anything sweet. I look forward to it, I drool after it, I plan for it and then...green couch.

My meals yesterday:

• Pumpkin spice latte + croissant
  • Beef street tacos (innards)
  • Pumpkin cranberry crisps w/cream cheese
  • Sushi
  • E: Rest Day

Happy second Sunday!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 10/9/23 9:32 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I can't wait to see the new Halloween gear!

Jen

Lisa91941
on 10/9/23 1:45 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

I love your green couch. Rog and I use that statement all the time and it's all because of you!

Theduffman27
on 10/9/23 7:56 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and menu folks. Our weather is back to seasonal temps as well. Whiteface Mountain in LP had snow on the summit yesterday. ( it will not stay) I am removing the A/C units from windows this evening.

We had a good weekend at the Octoberfest. It poured, so the vendor portion was impacted. We enjoyed live music from noon until 10 pm. Our cabin was a short 5 minute stroll from the lodge, so we kept making the trip back and forth with to go coffee cups and re filling our drinks. We did not sleep well as the bed was a full and we are used to a King. I slept great last night!

Busy week as we prepare for our yearly trip to bring my folks back to Florida on the 15th.

QOTD - sweets....

B - 2 good yogurt

L - Tuna salad with zero net carb mini wrap

S - cukes and ranch

D - rib eye, mushrooms and grilled asparagus

Stay Healthy my friends...

Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

catwoman7
on 10/9/23 9:25 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we had a fun weekend in Chicago. I had an unused roundtrip bus ticket from Madison to O'Hare that was going to expire in February, and between the two moms and unpredictable weather between now and then, we figured we'd jump as soon as we hit a weekend when all the stars aligned. So this was it. We didn't realize until after we searched for a hotel downtown, though, that this was the weekend of the Chicago marathon. There was nothing under $500 a night downtown - even at the really basic places. So we ended up staying at a hotel by the airport. But it was OK - the L train has a station there, so it's an easy trip downtown, and day passes are only $5. Besides wandering around and eating, we took one of the architecture tours that the Chicago Architecture Center does (we've been on jillions over the years - and they've all been great), and we had lunch with one of my cousins out in Oak Park (she lives in Downtown Chicago in one of the high-rises, but she was out in Oak Park visiting a recently widowed friend for the weekend). We also walked around with her for an hour or two and stumbled upon the Hemingway Cafe (we knew the house where Ernest Hemingway grew up was in Oak Park, but didn't know about the cafe). We'll lunch there sometime on a future visit.

this morning I had an appt with a nurse to explain how to use my new osteoporosis drug. I have to give myself injections every night (before bed - since it has a tendency to lower blood pressure for a few hours - and those of us who have lower-end blood pressure to begin with (like me...), dizziness or fainting spells are not uncommon). I read that another common side effect is weight loss. Halleleujah! I hope and pray I have that one!

QOTD: I'm another one of those "I'll just have one" folks. Yea right. I'll have one piece of candy. Or a half cup of ice cream. Or five fries. Almost never works. I'm better off just avoiding it altogether.

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit and 2 protein pancakes

protein shake (maybe...)

broccoli cheese soup (homemade - so I'll go easy on the cheese and use milk instead of half & half)

Thai-style salad - will probably throw the leftover chicken shawarma on top of it

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 10/9/23 10:29 am - Warren, OH

I hate hearing low blood pressure is a side effect. Be really careful. I get that sometimes and think it is blood sugar dropping. Same dizzy feeling for me. Good luck with the weight loss side effect.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Partlypollyanna
on 10/9/23 9:45 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Not a holiday here but I am still on vacation so enjoying a leisurely morning. Enjoy the Ren Fest, I love going and people watching, I go every couple of years.

Qotd - thinking to make a "healthier" substitute for something I really want to have. Much better to have a few bites of the real thing than the fake version.

my sister made from scratch biscuits and gravy this morning which was delicious. Now we're heading out for pedicures and have birthday dinner tonight at an Italian place. I know I'm having roasted garlic and probably either chicken or steak.

have a wonderful Monday!

Jen

Amy Liz
on 10/9/23 2:20 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I completely forgot the QOTD, but I absolutely agree with yours!! Chrissy's just say no to bangs was a close 2nd, haha.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Emiepie
on 10/9/23 6:09 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you enjoyed the day off.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics