What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 10/7/23 3:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Yesterday ended fairly baldly. My mom is now not talking to me and making smart ass remarks. We had a visit from the head narcotics officer. He has searched the neighbors house, cars and garage almost 10 times. He assured us there is no drug making there. I believe him. My mom put me on the spot and I said that I don't think they are making. So...my life will be an even bigger living hell. I think someone around here does something but we are alway upwind of this house, I know he's a dirtbag but there is simply no evidence of drugs being made. The cops know more about the signs and he said there is no way they are making. My mom slammed verbally in front of the cop. I think she might have dementia or something related to the mini strokes she had. So she kind of hates me now. Life won't be pleasant. I might have to end up moving. We'll see I guess.

I'm sure she'll go off today on her own or I'll stay in my room. If you're the praying kind or the kind to send positive thoughts/energy please send a few my way. My mom can hold onto grudges fairly long and I don't know what to do quite yet.

QOTD: it's a long weekend! Do you have anything planned today?

chainmailling for me!

I've kind of been sick to my stomach so I'm very unsure about food.

Mel

Amy Liz
on 10/7/23 6:27 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy to hear that something was being done about the neighbors from tips to police and that there is nothing going on there. Ten searches are a huge deal and definitely not nothing. What is the smell? I hope your mom can come to terms with that info and move on. Sorry you are having a hard time.

QOTD - The Columbus Day holiday was replaced with Native American day in late September here, so regular weekend for me. I have the usual planned - clean, laundry, shop, football, the kiddo. I need to plan/pack to leave on Monday afternoon.

Accountability - I shook off all the work stress with a very strong margarita and smartfood 50 cal popcorn last night. Still 208 today. How am I so stable? I love it. From more cals and carbs. More like the extremes of 600 to 1200-1400 cal swings vs 1000ish w/carbs makes sense but still weird. I suppose if I didn't have the drink and popcorn I may have lost. Overthinking is my jam!

b- coffee x2, ratio coconut yogurt, sm apple

l- carne asada w/cheese in low carb tortilla

d- shrimp and ****tail sauce

s- 8 pretzel thins and cottage cheese, popsicles

cals 988/72g pro

Walking the dogs soon, it's going to another hot day

Have a great weekend.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 10/7/23 6:52 am - Warren, OH

It is weird how your body will find a weight and just stay there. I can remember that happening to me and one weight would never budge. They used to call that a setpoint.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 10/7/23 9:43 am
RNY on 11/21/16

There are so many more things I can do to lose weight. Right now my goal is to stop the madness and get off the all or nothing roller coaster. It's been very good for my mental health so far and bonus, no weight fluctuations. Before adjusting my diet again, I want to incorporate more movement and intentional exercise everyday to increase my muscle mass and raise my resting metabolic rate. I'm coming around to this being very important, not negotiable and I'm working a plan. I know the effects of this will include better overall health and hopefully result in some weight loss.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

White Dove
on 10/7/23 11:58 am - Warren, OH

Movement is very important. As the years go by for me, getting blood work and keeping everything at the correct levels means so much for my overall health. All those vitamins and supplements matter. Using MyFitnessPal and knowing how much protein, fat, calories, carbs is still important. Increasing muscle mass and raising metabolic rate is a fantastic goal.

White Dove
on 10/7/23 6:47 am - Warren, OH

I don't think your mom has dementia. I think she just hates to be proven wrong. I know a lot of people like that. I am glad that the neighbor is not making drugs. Hope you find out what th smell is and can do something about it. Sending good vibes.

Julia S.
on 10/7/23 9:15 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Not a long weekend for me. I almost forgot about Columbus Day.

Working today to make up for the hours I lost with the power outage and dealing with the paramedics etc for my roommate.

If I can get this job done today I should be able to claim close to 40 hours for this week.

I changed insurance companies. I found out I can save $271 for 6 months on my car insurance, and $75 a year on my homeowners. The only problem is I wanted it to start on 10/20 so I would have time to cancel the other insurance. So now they have paid the homeowners in full and I'll have to wait for the refund to get the money back into my escrow account. They have already increased my payment $100 a month so I can't afford another increase.

I'm not sure how ethical this is but I found out I can return my lawn mower to Costco, it's been a while since I bought it but the website says to just bring it to the warehouse. I really don't need a lawnmower now that I have lawn service. Still debating but I could sure use the credit to my card.

Have a great day everyone!

Mel sending you good energy! You've had so much happen to you, and you really deserve a break.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 10/7/23 11:53 am - Warren, OH

It is strange how stores allow things like returning a used mower. My mother used to buy a mower at Sears use two seasons and then return it broken and they would give her a new one for free. Sears did go out of business and I wonder how much policies like that contributed to their downfall. If you can return the mower and get the credit back on your card, why not do it?

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 393 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views