What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 9/30/23 1:51 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin weekend menu crew! Hope y'all's weekend is off to a good start.

Not much at all going on today. At least that I know of. I'm hoping for the not much lol. My body is really not happy. I haven't felt this amount of pain in my entire body in a long while.

I got a hospital bill yesterday for 1200+ bucks. They didn't file it with the clinic I get help from. I called the clinic and they said they will take care of it. I am going Monday morning with the bill to get them to clear it up. So that was my stressful part of the day. It scared the crap out of me tbh.

QOTD: if any animal on our planet could be domesticated for being pets(I am glad they are no...just a what if ?) what would you choose?

Mines a hard choice. I love big cats but they wouldn't be my first choice. A Pygmy Hippopotamus would be so cute but they are still large. I love pangolins. I think I'd have to choose an otter. I don't care which kind!

I made soup yesterday so that'll be mostly what I eat today for lunch and dinner. Breakfast was an egg white sandwich thing from jimmy dean. My mom bought 3 boxes of little Debbie snacks yesterday, not to happy about that.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mel

Amy Liz
on 9/30/23 6:56 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning~ Mel - Little Debbies are rough, oh girl. Have you thought of making your own snack basket of on plan treats? It keeps me out of my husbands junk food. Here's mine:

Today we are taking the pups to the park (rain willing), running some errands, house stuff, football, some work and because it's a rainy and cool - chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight.

QOTD - I love the idea of an enormous cat acting like regular house cat, cracks me up! But right now, a baby panda like the one in my meme yesterday has my heart.

B- coffee x 2, scrambled eggs and salsa

l -ham and cheese sandwich in a bowl

d- chicken and one small dumpling

s - ? I'm craving a crisp, fresh apple

Have a great day

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 9/30/23 8:22 am, edited 9/30/23 1:22 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Yesterday was weird. I typed out like three paragraphs about my day and all that showed up online were my photos. Must have seemed very snobbish to the group. What are ya gonna do?

I give myself an A for yesterday. I even went down to Oktoberfest with the family and did not blow it. I'm all packed, just need to add my toiletries kit after I finish getting ready at 3 am tonight (tomorrow??) and we are off on our trip. Lots of hours in airports and on planes in the coming 36 hours. We have 2 four hour layovers. My plan is to power walk the airports for at least an hour of each layover. I've got my Ipad loaded with books and a snack bag in my carry on in case I get in a difficult situation. But I'm not anticipating any situations!

Mel -- ugh the snacks. Like Amy, we maintain two baskets. One just for me and one for Roger. Then when I'm craving something, I only go to mine and damage is very limited. I never get into Roger's. Zoom in and it's super easy to tell which one is his!! They are stored in the cabinet a little away from each other. It helps me with the mind game.

I had a great night's sleep. Hope JB did too because in my post yesterday I accused her of stealing the sleeping idol because I had such a rough night Thursday. Bed is stripped and bedding is making it's way through the laundry so we can come home to fresh sheets. I'll do a bit of dusting and polishing today and clean the bathrooms. We like to come home to a spotless house. Mostly because I'm so cranky by the time we get home if things aren't perfect I flip out. A good marriage compromise. If Roger wants any peace when we arrive back home, he helps me get it perfect before we leave.

I'm going out for a walk as soon as I finish this coffee. I think I'm leaving home just about 2 pounds over my ideal weight and that's a lot better then the 4 or 5 pounds I've been flirting with the last two months. I am very hopeful I can take a Pilates class on the cruise and see if I think it's something I can really get into. Also, looking forward to Yoga on the high seas. One of my little packing cubes in my suitcase is just workout gear. Really, who am I??

Menu looks like...

B: turkey and cheese and tomatoes

L: stuffed acorn squash and chicken breast bites

D: not sure. I'm betting Roger wants to go out after we drop off the dogs with the kids. Goodness knows I've just about decimated the fridge and freezer!

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 9/30/23 10:49 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm so excited for you!! All the snack basket credit goes to you, Lisa! I meant to mention that in my post.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

catwoman7
on 9/30/23 10:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

I biked 27 miles yesterday and could barely get out of bed this morning. It's a beautiful day today, too, but not sure when/if I'll get out. My cookbook club meets at 1:00, my MIL is back in the hospital again (as of this morning), and I said I'd go see a friend's new kittens sometime this weekend. Plus tons of other things I need to be doing.

QOTD: I'm currently having a love affair with Highland cattle, but they're too big for the house and probably poop a lot, too. I should probably stick with my cats!!

this menu is likely to change because of the cookbook club potluck this afternoon, but here's a stab at it:

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

piece of Danish bread with butter and lingonberry jam

Ratio yogurt

a Krack'd keto bar (it's kind of small - it's from the OH conference)

I made an apple clafouti to take to the cookbook club thing. Other things I know will be there is some kind of sponge cake, a chicken dish, and a potato dish. I don't know what else, but there will be more for sure

dinner will probably be another Ratio yogurt - if that.

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 9/30/23 3:50 pm - Warren, OH

I want a miniature highland cow about the size of a German Shepherd. Someday I think that will happen.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/30/23 4:53 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh yes - a miniature one would be perfect!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/30/23 1:07 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

Good afternoon Mel and weekend menuers!

Been a busy, busy day so far in Helen! Took the dogs for a walk at 6am. Delicious breakfast of corned beef hash at Hofer's. Betty's blend coffee. Way too many samples and purchases at the olive oil and vinegar store. Bought another dress at the Boho shop. We did an escape room, their first ever.

We rode the Georgia mountain coaster. That last was an interesting experience. I declined riding it last year because even though I'd lost weight, I was still almost 100 pounds heavier and when I saw the picture of the car you ride in, I couldn't imagine the shame of trying to wedge myself into it. My family was very disappointed. I rode it this year. It was fun...but I did the right thing to turn it down last year since it felt like I barely fit!

Pics are from the mountain coaster climbing the hill and the overview of helen on the way up to the coaster.

QOTD - can't think of one.

Menu - couple protein bars, corned beef hash, gyro crepe, coffee, TBD on dinner!

Mel, I'm glad you didn't have to pay the bill. Phew. Hope you're feeling better today.

Cheers.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 390 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics