What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 9/29/23 7:36 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I have seen them. The guy that does them is hilarious. He also does different breeds of dogs when a burglar comes into the house. They are really funny.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 9/29/23 10:46 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry about the family drama.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 9/29/23 4:03 am
RNY on 03/24/21

ThAt meme is my son (with a manly face of course). He is at the age where he is always right. Of course he is all knowing )annoying child)! It will amaze him how much smarter we are as HE ages and matures (you remember how that was? How your parents got magically smarter...).

QJB- good for you to dwindle down your to do list. Funny how we avoid something's but once you get them done you feel so accomplished. Sometimes even thinking "that wasn't so bad what was I dreading!" Your picture with Innie was cute.

don't know why but this last wee****ep waking up super early (between 3:30-4:30 am). Overall I don't feel to bad (sleepy) during the day. Sometimes i can feel a bit anxious or keyed up during the day but can internally calm down with deep breathing or distraction. I even have used my distraction podcast that isn't putting me back to sleep.

the Japanese cooking class was entertaining and the food was really good The Bao steamed buns were pretty big so ate just a few bites then ate the inside beef with cabbage DD was happy to take the bun from me as she really liked it the miso soup was so good the chef dressed it up with tofu, mushrooms, baby book choy, roasted chicken, seaweed to make it more hearty DD will make at home. The chef recommended a local store for produce and lower priced items ( chicken breasts on sale for $1.49/#) so I will go check that out this am. The store is open 24 hours so I might get up and head there soon I also will run to the Asian market this morning since they get fresh veggies and fruit today. I ended up skipping my workout yesterday as I felt like I needed a day off

plans for the weekend: today wfh since DD has an appointment I need to take her to midday. My niece has her engagement party tomorrow late afternoon plus going to do a sound bath mid-day. Sunday afternoon I have a massage. Meal prep per usual maybe Monday.

QOTD: it was the 80s. I went to 3 proms. Big hair, fancy long dresses. Out to dinner all dressed up. Dancing. Only one after party. Overall o think prom is more anticipated and anticlimactic.

Pictures are of DD and friends dressed up for homecoming.

meals per usual

E: yoga and weights

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Theduffman27
on 9/29/23 4:09 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I beleive it was Mark Twain that said something to the effect - at 14 my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to be near him, at 21 I was amazed at how much he had learned in 7 years! LOL.....a quote that has stood the test time...

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

White Dove
on 9/29/23 4:28 am - Warren, OH

Teenage boys really do think that they know so much more than their parents. I remember mine telling me that he could not believe that we did not know about some band that was popular. They do come out of that weird stage. Your prom pictures are so cute.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Melody P.
on 9/29/23 5:04 am - Amarillo, TX

Your daughter and her friends look beautiful!

Mel

Emiepie
on 9/29/23 10:47 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Beautiful pic!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 9/29/23 4:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and yay Friday!

A colleague and his wife have been touring the Rocky Mountain west and head back to Spain first thing in the morning but will be overnighting near the airport so I'm meeting them for dinner. They are very excited that there was an On The Border nearby so that is where we are meeting, it should be fun! Otherwise, just work and I'd like to start putting up my halloween decorations today to but that might have to wait for tomorrow.

I very much want to whine about how badly I slept last night (even with help from NyQuil) and how crappy I feel with this cold but instead I will whine about how both those things are making my workouts suffer. My rowing workout yesterday morning was so weak, I tried another strength/cardio workout in the afternoon and had to modify pretty much every set. So then I did a very easy stretching session on the reformer...2 half assed workouts = one reasonable one, right? I did not make my 74 active minutes goal and I am going to not wear my Fitbit at night for a few days so I don't get that kind of pressure this weekend. I will do something intentional every day but more giving myself a recovery weekend.

Our Health and Wellness group has been doing a weekly series about menopause and yesterdays was on exercising after 40. Although I do weights, I don't do anything on the scale of Sheila and I really should. My online program that I do the strengthball and boxing with also has weights but I only use the 5lbs ones and so I decided my early birthday present is to upgrade to their 10 and 15lb ones (I don't have 10 and 15lb weights currently...and if you get theirs, the online program tracks your reps and I love data). They also have a 20 lbs set but I can wait on that.

QOTD - our proms were fun, held in a town about 35 miles away that was "the big town"; one of the years, I went in a group with all our exchange students which was so much fun and then one year with my BF which was also fun. At my jr prom someone spiked the punch, someone else who was a senior was blamed for it and was suspended and was going to not graduate as a result. Everyone knew who had done it but the AVP had it out for this guy....the entire JR and SR class had a walkout until the VP stepped in and addressed it. Also, the theme/song for our sr prom was "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" which in retrospect is a bit depressing for a happy high school milestone, but given how much drama there is at many proms, was probably appropriate, lol. We also picked Whitesnake's Sailing Ships as our senior song, we were clearly a melancholy lot.

menu today is but I think I will get the beef empanadas and quest at on the border.

This is the peanut butter and berry toast I had almost every morning on this trip. Way more involved than my home PB toast -- slice of crusty whole grain bread, PB, bananas, strawberries, blue berries, granola and peanuts (they usually had honey on it too but I had them leave it off after the first time). So delicious.

Rays at the baseball game

sunset from a pier

Have a fantastic friday and wonderful weekend

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Theduffman27
on 9/29/23 4:14 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I hope you feel better soon, I sing a mean version of Every rose has its thorn! That PB toast looks amazing, I swear I can taste it through the screen!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Partlypollyanna
on 9/29/23 4:30 am
RNY on 02/14/18

80's hairbands made some killer music! I still run the risk of blowing my speakers with them every roadtrip, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?