What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Mkess
on 9/27/23 7:16 am, edited 9/27/23 12:17 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Wednesday,.

I'm getting tired of the gloomy weather. It seems to have worn people down. Somebody asked me yesterday, 'How can you be smiling when it's so ****ty outside and in the world?'

QJB- Elderly parents and technology is a conundrum. It's great that they want to stay relevant, active, and embrace technology. However, keeping them safe is a losing battle. My father was an easy target with his dementia so we continued to limit his access. Finally, we had to remove everything that he had access to except a cell phone, which would only receive and make calls. He still would convince nurses to let him borrow their phone and get into trouble. Luckily, with my sister's and my vigilance, he didn't fall prey to anyone.

QOTD- There's a park that has pristine water. People go to the water fountains and fill up gallons. It's a Mike Tyson Mystery how tha****er is so pure. Every other Park district drinking fountain has unsafe levels of lead and had to be shut down.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: PP shake

D: Brat, grilled onions and salad.

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Sheila_H
on 9/27/23 7:16 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB, I feel so bad for your dad. At that age it's hard for them to change passwords and learn a new routine. Poor guy.

I was on the road most of yesterday; I love driving and listening to my audiobook. Good thing I went to check the venue, I had thought I found a hidden gem just looking at the website. When I got there I saw how they had taken all the pics, the rooms actually smelled and when I asked the guy about the smell he didn't acknowledge it. He kept showing me the outdoors which was beautiful and the view of the ocean was breath taking, but the sleeping rooms and meeting room were not acceptable. Oh well, on to the next.

QOD - not a mystery, but we didn't even know neighbors across the street the guy had passed, the wife had moved away and they were renting the place. I saw kids and thought they are the grandkids. Come to find out it's a dad and his two kids renting. The house went on the market but 2 days later they pulled it off because I guess some things had to be done. The house went back on the market and it's been sitting there for 3 months. It's weird because a) houses rarely go on the market in this neighborhood b) once they go on the market they are snatched in a matter of hours not days. So we wonder what's wrong with this house.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Hb eggs + built bar
  • Quest bar, iced coffe w/PP
  • Caldosa (ceviche with quest chips)
  • E: Weights + HIIT

Happy hump day!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Greateight
on 9/27/23 8:01 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Passwords are hard at our age. Our new computer has a fingerprint swipe but I haven't checked if it works well.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

lmfontana4
on 9/27/23 8:39 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I love the face recognition capability.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Lisa91941
on 9/27/23 9:00 am
RNY on 10/29/19

My fingerprint never works. No matter how many times we set it up or a new device. I blame it on my dry skin, but I really don't know. Maybe that's my mystery of the day. And I'm with Lana on loving the face ID.

Queen JB
on 9/27/23 12:56 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

I love my Face ID unless it's 3am and I grab my phone but it doesn't recognize my haggard and exhausted face. Then I curse it.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Julia S.
on 9/27/23 7:26 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Kyron Horman disappeared near Skyline school. I believe his step-mother killed him but so far no body and it's been over 10 years now.

Hackers deserve the 9th level of hell. My Mom has been hacked multiple times, twice we had to replace her computer. My Twitter account was hacked and I could never get it back because "I violated the terms of service" not sure how I could have done that since I never could get back into my account. My cell phone account was hacked and they got a new sim card and activated my phone number on their phone, right after that they attempted to get a credit card in my name so now I have frozen my credit with all three bureaus. I also have Norton Life Lock and they do notify me if anything is going on. Last week someone tried to hack my Facebook account, not sure why I haven't been in there since I left Maui. Just imagine all the good they could do if they quit trying to scam and hack people.

My roommate doesn't have the flu, just a major infection in his leg. He's diabetic and if he doesn'****ch it when he gets an injury it can easily land him in the hospital. This has probably been going on for a while since last week he was telling me how much his leg hurt.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Amy Liz
on 9/27/23 12:57 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I jus****ched another mystery doc about him. So sad and I think she did it too.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Lisa91941
on 9/27/23 7:35 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Gotta get this post done fast and then take my car in for service. I'm dropping it off and walking back home and that will count for my exercise minutes today. Yesterday I was a couch potato. Again. I guess I did get very organized to pack for the trip, so at least I wasn't on the couch the whole day. But no intentional exercise at all. My food choices ended up being great. They had branzino at the restaurant, so I went with that and had just two bites of Roger's pasta. But there was wine. We passed on dessert though! Today I have my hair color and cut. Not much going on over here.

QoTD: uhhhh, not that I can think of.

Menu today...

B: leftover butternut squash and sausage

L: leftover branzino

D: gnocchi and ragu with a side salad

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 9/27/23 7:51 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

I'm back from lifting. The next couple of days are just rest and stretching. The weigh-in for the meet is at 9:00 Saturday and the competition is at 11:00. I will be one of the first lifters since I am oldest and comparatively weakest.

The leaves are starting to turn yellow here. Some are falling, but some are green. The 10 day forecast is all high 60's and 70's.

Tonight's Happy Hour will be my bosses last as a co-worker and the last that anyone but me will not be a retiree.

I hope that Kelly has a fantastic time at the concert tonight.

QOTD: I have lived here 25 years and don't understand the traffic patterns.

Breakfast: bagel

lunch: Roast beef

dinner: hamburgers

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics