What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 9/27/23 2:58 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and Happy Hump Day!

Yesterday was a funny day. I got a good amount of things done in the morning before we went to the movie. Unfortunately, due to a series of unfortunate events, the movie we thought we were going to was not available so we saw what was playing: The Expendables 4. It has Sly Stallone, 50 Cent, Megan Fox, etc. It was literally the worst movie I have ever seen but I did laugh my ass off at the awfulness. All I can say is that if you are a 12 year old boy, this is your movie. Guns, knives, bombs, horrific racial and sexist stereotypes, and a completely predictable and dumb "plot." On the plus side, I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

When I got out of the movie my phone had blown up with texts from mom telling me that dad got hacked. He sure did! They froze his computer and put a note on his screen saying he needed to call "customer service" to get access back. He did, of course, and they unlocked it for him, gained his trust, and asked him all kinds of personal questions. Yikes. Poor dad has managed to make it through the last 25 years with only one password despite me begging him to diversify. So it was inevitable, but I feel badly for him because I still don't think he really understands what happened.

After I got that sorted out, I had a great meeting with a someone about a new cookie space, then came home and we watched the first episode of the new GBBO season. I love it. I think it's a better cast than the last few seasons and I am smitten, as usual.

Today is all about the job search. I really need to hunker down and put some more creativity into what I am doing because what I have done so far isn't working at all. As my mom always says: If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten." I will take that wise advice and try something new today.

QOTD: Do you have a little local mystery you would like to solve? Grim and I spend way too much time trying to understand what is happening with our across-the-street neighbors. We are pretty sure the former residents had a domestic abuse situation and moved out. But a series of odd people have moved in and out since then without the house ever being on the market. I have looked on AirBnB and VRBO and I don't see it listed, so who are these people?? One guy had face tattoos, a FL license plate, and apparently did not own a shirt. I have questions.

Accountability: I skipped breakfast, had the popcorn (this movie required it) and then had a higher-than-planned calorie dinner. All in all 1200 calories which is not 500 at all.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 9/27/23 3:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, QJB, your poor dad. Did you put a lock with all the credit bureaus so noone can open anything with his info? what a mess

one more day on the road and I'll be home for a bit. Looking forward to it!

qotd - not really, but I would like one to solve

work out done, lots of coffee down, will have one more once the cafe opens

pb toast for breakfast

salami roll ups for lunch and whatever I grab at the airport tonight for dinner

have a wonderful Wednesday!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 9/27/23 5:05 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Cafe coffee is way better than room coffee! Why don't they at least open at 5 am (or 2 am for you!)? This 6 or 7 am is BS.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Partlypollyanna
on 9/27/23 5:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I agree with you. How hard is it to just have the big thermos/giant jug out starting around 3?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 9/27/23 7:41 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Seriously!! The night auditors are just sitting there watching videos on their phone. Can we get some caffeine please?

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Melody P.
on 9/27/23 3:26 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

It's been a rough start for me today. Busy day today so I am hoping to get some more sleep. We have a lot of groceries to get. Also dog & cat necessities. I'm so exhausted that I can't even force myself to cry. I also have a pretty bad tooth ache thing going on.

I need to make a bracelet and mail a package today. I am taking a few days off from the teeny tiny snowflakes.

QOTD: there is a little boy, Dorian Thomas, that went missing here in 1998. He was black so it wasn't really brought up a lot in the media. They never found him or anything of his. It broke and breaks my heart. I would love to solve what happened, even if it is a sad thing. He deserves justice.

food...I have no clue.

Mel

catwoman7
on 9/27/23 4:49 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I caved once again on the "senior special" over at the beauty school. Two services for the price of one (not all services - but several are included) on Wednesdays for people over age 55. I'd planned to start doing my own pedicures most of the time to save money, and just go over to the school occasionally, but here I go again... Other than that, the only thing I have scheduled is my 4:00 class, but I have a TON of reading to do for classes, so I'm hoping I can get on that. I've been having a hard time motivating myself to do it the last few days.

Endocrinologist appt went OK yesterday. They want me to start up on Forteo if my insurance approves it. It's $4000 a month, so that's not going to work if insurance doesn't cover most of it. So...we'll see. They have another (osteoporosis) drug in mind if that one's not approved. It's not as effective, but it'll still help. I cringed yesterday when I read the post-appointment notes on MyChart. She wrote that I have "severe" osteoporosis. I'm sure I've heard her say that in the past, but it was another thing seeing it in writing. Ugh.

QOTD: I'm racking my brain to think of local mysteries - nothing is coming to mind. Might have to circle back on this!

coffee with half & half

plain skyr with fruit

Danish rye bread with butter and lingonberry preserves

borscht topped with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt

Thai-style salad

Ratio yogurt

maybe a protein shake if I end up low today

ex: I'd better do something. It's supposed to rain again today (although the last day of it, fortunately), so I'll probably have to head over to the gym.

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Theduffman27
on 9/27/23 5:06 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and menu folks !

Popcorn for the win! we love popcorn, skinny pop is our favorite!

Delivered the camper to the winter storage spot last evening, buddy of mine allows us to store at his commercial storage property, 24/7 video security and is parked on asphalt. I usually buy him a bottle of a new or unique Tequila for the service, he doesn't charge us a fee, but I know he appreciates the bottle.

QOTD - I would love to solve the good old boy network in our local political scene. Some of these people have worked for our village their entire life and now are on the Board. Zero accountability, our village is a shell of itself since we lost a Pfizer Plant 5 years ago.

B - protein shake

L - salami rounds/2 oz cheese

S - Protein shake

D - grilled chicken and veggies

E - Gym night

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

lmfontana4
on 9/27/23 8:28 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Camper storage can be very expensive. So nice to have a friend to help you out.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Theduffman27
on 9/27/23 10:29 am
VSG on 11/19/14

It really is expensive and is so nice to have the camper out of the driveway! Both of our boys still live at home, so there are 4 vehicles in the drive, musical vehicles when the camper is there

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 390 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics