What's on your Tuesday Menu?

lmfontana4
on 9/26/23 9:29 am, edited 9/26/23 3:21 am
RNY on 03/24/21

How true is that meme! I do notice that as I get older, I need to shave less often (hair gets rubbed off my clothing) which is also nice. I had laser treatment done to the underarms. Ironically, I still get a random hair, but it is so much better. Underarm razor stubble is unsightly (per me).

QJB-it is amazing how easy it is to "piddle" (my mom would use this word) away the day with random stuff. I agree with being busy and getting it done. Enjoy the movie. Tuesday is cheap seat day at the theater for loyalty members (yippee for you).

Just work today with a couple of meetings. Then workouts of weightlifting and yoga (of course). I will try to do my weights at work for a break away from the desk.

I did do my dexascan for body composition yesterday morning. It was pretty reasonably prices with $225 for a three-scan package. I will do a second scan in about 3-6 months. Unfortunately, I can't compare the results from the dexascan with the Inbody scan I did previously. The gal that did the dexascan said that she did the dexascan then about a week later did an InBody Scan and noted about a 4% difference between values. I was pretty happy with the results of the dexascan. The scan does provide a breakdown of type of body fat and other readings but here is the take aways.

Current Wt: 136.8 #

BMI: 23.7

Body Fat %: 19.7

Lean Mass: 106.7#

Bone Density: Normal Range

QOTD: DS-most likely about college. He makes his stress your stress by complaining about "I have no time for this", "Does this mean I never get anytime for myself!", etc. I don't know if I really yelled per se but rather most likely had words with him. He has been a bit difficult lately with how he responds to questions. It goes back to "it's not what you say but how you say it" in regard to him (maybe me also ). I am trying not to micromanage him since he is now in college and if he would have gone away for college (instead of staying locally), I wouldn't know his schedule (his sleep schedule is terrible because he stays up until 2-4am on the weekends with sleeping in to 12 noon. Then during the week, he has to be on a normal schedule for school). I think his schedule is causing some mood issues. DH is very bothered by DS's schedule. Anyone have any takes on this with DS being home for school vs away and his schedule? I will give DS credit because he is a good kid and stays out of trouble. Despite staying up until 2-4am on the weekends he is staying out of trouble. Based on everyone's comments about yelling at their animals. Yes, I have yelled at the dogs (almost daily) because they are barkers at anyone and everything that passes by. Annoying creatures.

Accountability: good

Usual meals

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Greateight
on 9/26/23 10:47 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Lana, I have no answers for the teenage boys (sleep schedules, doing things on their timeline, etc.) Just know that they go through it and eventually it gets better for most.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Emiepie
on 9/26/23 1:12 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Em has online classes so she is able to plan around her work schedule. She usually tries to be up around 9 unless she has an early shift and had to get to work.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 9/26/23 2:37 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

wow - 19.7% body fat is pretty lean - you are definitely done losing weight! Mine got down to 21% and I was told to stop trying to lose (I've gained weight since then, so it'd definitely be higher - but I haven't had a scan in a few years - or at least not one of those kinds (just the medical kind))

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 9/26/23 6:41 pm - Warren, OH

Having a teenage boy is like you are at Niagara Falls in the rapids before the falls and his raft is approaching the place where the falls plunge off. You feel like they are going to go over the edge but they somehow avoid it and one day they become a normal human being. If he is staying out of trouble and going to school, try to ignore the sleep schedule.

I think 2-4 AM and sleeping until noon on weekends is pretty normal at his age. If he was living somewhere else we just would not know about it.

I worked midnight shift and my husband was a very sound sleeper. But one night my husband decided he was going to find out what time Kevin showed up at home. So my husband piled a bunch of pots and pans near the front door so they would fall over and make noise. They he got blankets and went to sleep in the living room.

He slept right through the racket when Kevin came home and the next morning Kevin said he wondered what all the noise was about. I thought if was pretty funny. All I asked is that Kevin did not drink and drive and that he call me if he needed to get home safely.

I do admit that it is a whole lot less tension when you they are living somewhere else.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views