What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Grim_Traveller
on 9/26/23 1:13 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Parking for the Red Sox game was 60 bucks. That was in the Target parking garage. The team itself has zero parking spaces.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

White Dove
on 9/26/23 6:16 pm - Warren, OH

That parking expenses helps me to remember why I like living in a small town in Ohio. Also I forgot how expensive gasoline is in California. I was somewhat shocked when I saw $5.98 on the pump there. It was about $3.75 here.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/26/23 11:04 pm
WLS on 07/15/22

California sticker shock is real. I imagine the rental car place got a giggle out of giving me a minivan to drive down from LA for that exact reason. Just compare all the different yogurt prices everyone found. How crazy is it that the cheapest yogurt was at the little restaurant and none of the stores?

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Mkess
on 9/26/23 7:29 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday,

When I don't have a business hours, office job, I can easily do nothing for days on end. I need that structure and implement structure to keep me busy throughout the days. With medical stuff, it's pretty easy to take up huge chunks of the day.

There's never enough sunlight in the day.

QOTD- I don't remember the last time I yelled at someone. However, I raised my voice yesterday to a medical supply place that supplied my new CPAP. The CPAP got denied by insurance, I got recertified with the sleep doctor, and Prism Health (supplier) hasn't done jack since August 23. After multiple, multiple emails and phone calls, I reached the owner last week and he got the ball rolling. I called him yesterday for an update and he is now on vacation for the next two months. I was not going to accept leaving another voicemail and raised my voice to get a live person to address it.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine. Tempted by a pumpkin spice coffee but I need to think long and hard if I should have my first pumpkin of the fall today.

L: Breakfast scrambler with the fam. (We're celebrating Yom Kippur a day late. I guess I should atone for the tardiness next year!)

D: ???

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

Lisa91941
on 9/26/23 7:44 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Ohhhh it's all foggy outside today. Love that feel. But it's adding to my already existing resistance to go walk my little mountain summit and stair routine. My legs are killing me and my left knee is just getting worse. Unlike QJB...my doc has reached out to my insurance to approve an MRI and see if we can get a real cause for the pain. Also unlike QJB, I'm too old these days to just hope it will work itself out after 6 months. Note to QJB...don't get old with knee pain you can resolve when you are young. Sorry, off my soapbox, QJB!

I was so good again yesterday. In everyway. And yet, my weight has gone back up again and will not budge. W. T. F? I'm busy prepping for packing. Got all my meds and supplements in order and the pile going into the suitcase is growing daily. Today I think I'll head over and do my park lap routine when the fog burns off a bit. It's relatively flat and about a 1/4 of the stairs I usually do on Tuesdays. And I want to pull out a few dresses for the trip and try them on and edit my choices. I'm only going to be gone 16 days and we have laundry service. How many pieces of clothing do I actually need? And how many pairs of shoes?

QoTD: This is my day. Monte, stop barking. Monte! Stop Barking. MONTE!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP BARKING!!!! Occasionally black dog gets in trouble and even less often Rog gets yelled at. I've worked hard at controlling my mouth and taking a breath before I blow up. I think I'm not doing badly. (Monte may disagree.)

Yesterday my hair appt got pushed to tomorrow, so I punted my easy dinner prep last night til tomorrow. Ended up making a chicken sausage stuffed butternut squash that was excellent and will appear in my menu for at least a few days based on how much it made. I measured and weighed every ingredient going into it and I'm really pleased with the total calorie count per serving.

So, menu today is:

B: Leftover butternut squash sausage dish, 1 cup

L: 2 oz deli turkey, 1/2 ounce shaved pecorino and 20 pop chips

D: this is going to be tricky. Trying a brand new restaurant with friends and it's Italian. Hard to make great choices there. But I am walking both ways, so at least I've got that going for me.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 9/26/23 7:59 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Don't stress about the scale before your vacation. Your outfits fit, you are doing all you can, let go of the number on the scale.
And I can picture you saying FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

lmfontana4
on 9/26/23 10:16 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Chicken Masala! Yum. Italian is a tough one. It is ironic though when you go to Italy there are tons of seafood and fish options but us Americans think it is all pasta and bread!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Queen JB
on 9/26/23 3:49 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

XO, thanks, I do appreciate the butt kick. I am giving it ONE MORE MONTH because I would really like decent health insurance before having to investigate this pain and swelling. The one trip I took to Urgent Care was a $75 co-pay + $265 extra for the x-ray, +$55 more for the crutches that I barely used. US "healthcare" sucks.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Lisa91941
on 9/26/23 4:15 pm
RNY on 10/29/19

Yes ma'am, it does indeed. And I for one never forget to be grateful that Roger earned us amazing health care through his Union strong job. We are paying a lot for that health care right now as we inch towards 65 when we will see a significant reduction and I'm grateful that we can afford that as well. But you are right, it's not to be taken lightly and I'm glad to see you are keeping it on your radar. Now, fingers crossed for the perfect job with great benefits.

PS My niece works almost exclusively WFH for Zoetis. I don't know of another company that has such expansive and generous employee care packages as this company. Maybe they need a cookie baking HR rock star!

Sheila_H
on 9/26/23 7:45 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

I'll be on the road today doing a couple of site surveys at a couple of venues for upcoming events. Is it weird that I am excited to get dressed for work? A while back dressing up for work was a hassle, now it happens so rarely, mostly remote, that I actually get excited to get dressed professionally. I have high hopes for one property but you can never trust the pictures online.

Yesterday was National daughter's day. Did you know? 3-4 years ago I didn't even know this day existed. Last year late at night I get a text from DD that all of her friends got a post from their moms but she didn't. Oh boy, did I feel like a loser. So this year I made sure I posted on time and on the day of. Was she happy? Noooo! Why did you choose that pic? You sent me that pic I thought you approved! No, that was just for you. I can never win.

QOD - I honestly can't remember the last time I yelled, but when kids were still living at home, even when I thought I was just talking they would say "mom, you are yelling!" I had to tell them they didn't know what yelling was if they thought I was yelling.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • Costco egg bites
  • Chicken skewers
  • Kebab w/fage yogurt
  • E: 6.2 miles wog + HIIT

Happy taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?