RNY on 03/24/21

That is an old fish.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Theduffman27
on 9/26/23 5:00 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good morning JB and menu folks. I stepped on the scale for the first time in a long while. I need to get rid of the carb cravings. Time to get back to work.

QOTD - Labor day weekend. Long story short, we were camping at a state park with a nice beach. Our group was hanging on the beach with many other groups, music playing, many of the ladies were wearing cowgirl hats. The gals were line dancing and a group that had a campsite overlooking the beach called the police. The cop was wonderful, he had observed for a bit before he came over and said all I see is you having fun and line dancing. The group that called the police said they were dancing inappropriately! After the cop left the other group was flipping us the bird, I hollered " how did we get here? Just stop already and I did add that they did not want me to come over there...LOL Crazy!!!

B - premier protein Shake

L - Premier protein shake

AS - cukes and ranch dip

D - Chicken parm

Gym night

Stay Healthy my friends

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

lmfontana4
on 9/26/23 9:52 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Wow, what a weird story about the line dancing and getting the police called on you. I assume there was no line-dancing striptease routines on the beach . Glad to hear the police officer was reasonable. People need to get a grip.

So happy to see you back on the site. I was wondering where you went.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Theduffman27
on 9/26/23 10:36 am
VSG on 11/19/14

For the record, I was not line dancing...LOL, all the ladies, all wearing swimwear and some with cowgirl beach hats. Was very strange, I was speaking with some folks on the beach and next thing you know, the police were there. The beach was one big party, several boats anchored off shore and tons of folks in and out of the water. I thought I was out of options to get into my account, opened a new one yesterday, I messaged the admins about allowing my posts to go through instead of through a moderator and that I was a long time poster, the admin then said I will help you get access to your old account. ( I guess I should have asked sooner)

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

catwoman7
on 9/26/23 5:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

so today I have class, a Zoom meeting to knock out a few more things related to the dissolution of one of the organizations I'm a board member of, and an appt with the endocrinologist to discuss the new drug they want to try on me - Forteo (this is for osteoporosis). This one involves giving myself daily injections. I've heard it's a really effective drug, though, so there's that. I also need to do a lot of reading (the story of my life this semester).

My MIL is going to require more home health aid hours. She currently has someone at her apt for six hours a day, but yesterday she got really dizzy and almost fell, and there was no aid there, so she called 911. Evidently she forgot that unless they take you to the hospital (which they didn't have to), YOU are responsible for paying the bill, which here at least is $600. She's called them three times in the last two weeks. $1800. That would cover a lot of additional home health aid hours. So we will be increasing that to 12 hours a day. Honestly, she really belongs in assisted living, but this is going to be a hard sell. But if the increased hours don't do the trick, then DH is going to put his foot down. Thankfully.

QOTD: it was probably DH, although I don't remember when the last time was. A while ago for sure. On the other hand, I yell at one of the cats (Minik) quite a bit, because he's very naughty when he wants to be fed (and he's overweight, so we try not to cave - but he's VERY manipulative and knows what gets our goat. I usually just put him in the guest room when he starts up, because I don't want to deal with his shenanigans).

food for the day:

pumpkin yogurt topped with 2 T granola

coffee with half & half

Ratio yogurt with raspberries

slice of Danish rye bread with butter and jam

Thai-style salad

borscht with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt

protein shake

ex: I need to do something, but we're in for storms today. I guess I'll go to the gym later and do SOMETHING.

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 9/26/23 9:57 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Does your MIL have a life alert (or similar)? If she pushes the alert button, they can talk to her to confirm she is alright. Also, Apple watches has a fall notification function that is less expensive than the monthly life alert cost. If you do contact life alert be sure to negotiate the cost. It seems like they can do some deep discounts, but you have to pursue them.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

catwoman7
on 9/26/23 2:18 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

she does have life alert. I think she got this after she fell and broke her hip a few months ago. They (life alert) called DH after they called EMS - and he kind of flipped because he figured it'd be another $600 bill. MIL knows about this, but her memory isn't the best lately. I think she just panics and calls...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 9/26/23 5:55 pm - Warren, OH

I bought an Apple watch precisely for that fall feature. Both times when I have fallen, the Apple watch has been on the charger. They really need to have as long term battery on those watches, but they run down quickly. Here I pay if I need an ambulance and that copay is about $250. There is no 911 copay here.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Amy Liz
on 9/26/23 5:20 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Ha - that meme! Truer words... I hope you are able to find more opportunities in your field. Hang in there, they will come! The job market sure is strange. We can't fill our vacancies at my office and we're about 25% down right now. Rob starts a new job that is 100% WFH on 10/1 and he has 2 other offers on the table. In his line of work they are desperate for bodies right now. Which leads me back to the QOTD from yesterday - since they are all willing to let him WFH 100% of the time we could move anywhere and I could retire! We need to work harder on making that happen. Yesterday was a super productive blur. Today will be as well. All good stuff though.

QOTD - In the car, in my head - this is where unfiltered Amy lives. And in emails I will never send. Hollering for the fur babies to come in the house? My son might disagree that I'm always calm, he's not wrong.

Accountability - didn't have time to walk at lunch yesterday and added stuffing to my dinner last night - it was yum.

B- coffee x2, cottage cheese and tomatoes

l - chicken, blue cheese, wing sauce, celery

d - chicken, very small baked potato - it's almost a baby

s- jello w/whip

Horrible headache all night and this morning - no yoga. Will hydrate extra and walk today at lunch for sure. I forgot my water bottle container yesterday and was sipping from a dixie cup all day. No wonder I'm dehydrated.

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Teenie
on 9/26/23 7:15 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Ah, Hydration for me was awful Sunday that is probable why the muscle pain in my legs is lingering. I never thought about that, but it makes sense.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics