What's on your Monday Menu?

Teenie
on 9/25/23 7:19 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Yeah, for you taking a break. Sorry you had hecklers at your class. Some people's kids Huh. Are there ****tails involved in these classes? That is where it would go downhill for me.

So, the weekend started out beautiful. Got up and did my gym class Saturday morning. I really worked it. It was a different instructor, so the routine was a little yoga forward with some burpees crunches and box jumps sprinkled in. I thought I had a great work out. Really kept up a good pace all the way though. I did mom duty then headed to the Italian Festival. We could not stay long DH was in a lot of pain. Plus, the sun went away, and it just was gray and drizzling the rest of the weekend. We went to a picnic then watched a couple Netflix movies. Sunday Morning comes, I can't get out of bed. My upper thighs from the workout are sorer than I have ever been from a workout in my life. It took everything to walk down the steps. I did do 2 1/2-mile walks with Ruday and one this morning, but my thighs are still screaming. Hoping it all goes away tomorrow cause my weight is up and I need to do some intentional exercise.

QOTD: Nope to many friends and family here. And at my age it is hard to make new friends. I could not imagine being able to reach out and have someone help out in a heartbeat.

Accountability: Terrible. To many sweets and very little exercise terrible on hydration

SS: 5 years 9-months 14-days 161 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF Coffee Mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: Friendly farms strawberry protein Greek yogurt and berries,

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee Mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Spaghetti squash with a homemade meat and vegie sauce. and balanced breaks

D: Chicken chili

Exercise: Dog walking.

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great Week my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

White Dove
on 9/25/23 7:24 am - Warren, OH

I have ended up with pain like that from my physical therapy workouts. Sometimes they work one set of muscles and I end up with pain in others. Biofreeze, hot bath, or Aspercreme has helped me when that happens. Hope it passes soon.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 9/25/23 6:55 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope your legs feel better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 9/25/23 7:26 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Monday,

It's a little overcast here but it's a beautiful day to be alive.

It was an interesting weekend. Paula and I spent the entire time together. I ain't mad at it. I think that's how kids these days say they really like something.Things that make you go hmmm...

I'm also dealing with drama at my club. I hate drama. The yearly Anniversary Dinner held at the club in November has become an expensive Anniversary Luncheon at a Banquet Hall. I wasn't included in budget approval. The budget is 2.5x the norm, and we would need to sell 33% more tickets just to break even. Most likely, we'll end up losing money on what is normally the biggest fundraiser of the year. I refuse to write the check. I always keep a keen eye on the bottom line since we're non-profit. I stretch dollars and go to great lengths to make everything work within our financial constraints. While I'm currently working hard to save us 10% on building insurance, the vice president is wasting thousands without a second thought. It makes me evaluate if my efforts would be better spent at another organization. Rant over.

QJB- I am sorry that this weekend's cookie class chatter didn't rise to the occasion(sorry, yeast joke).

QOTD- I'm not sure if I'd be happier living elsewhere. I've always been a grass is greener type of person. However, I've learned there are always brown spots in the grass if you look close enough. Also, I love, love, love Chicago. Possible utopias: Quintana Roo, Mexico, New Orleans, Vegas, Perth, Uranus.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt.

L: Shrimp ceviche.

D: Leftover Pork belly, duck bao.

Saturday night's steak:

HW: 371 SW(8/9/21): 324 CW: 217 2 lbs til goal of skin reduction surgery. I'm looking for a new surgeon.

"Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most. ? Buddha

duffman12979
on 9/25/23 7:32 am
VSG on 11/14/14

Hi Matt - do you make your own ceviche?

catwoman7
on 9/25/23 11:04 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I would totally live in Chicago. One of my cousins keeps suggesting I move there..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 9/25/23 6:56 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I ain't mad at it is exactly what the kids say these days- glad you enjoyed your time but boo for drama; that's the worst!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 9/25/23 7:50 am
RNY on 03/24/21

QJB- so sorry about your cookie class. Hopefully the next one will be better.

I had a nice weekend. I am struggling to find a good book to listen to. The last 2 are just to complainy and the protagonist has a lot of anxiety that they don't address. Maybe I need a good Stephen King or murder mystery. Any suggestions out there? I think the other ones will be good but just not in the right frame of mind for that genre right now. Waiting for my body body composition dexa scan while I post. I am running to the store to return the moldy blackberries that were included in my grocery pickup (ugh the problem with someone else doing your shopping). I also want to go to the local Asian market. I tried yellow radishes yesterday for the first time and yum! Also want to pick up some kambutan and jujube fruit. Meal prep today

QOTD: I sometimes wonder if I would be happy living closer to family in Montana. However, not if I have to work there since it is a close limit d medical field. I often think somewhere warm year round. Right now I am content where I am.

accountability: meh on Saturday and Sunday. Nothing too outrageous just some popcorn and handful of peanut m&ms. Back to it today.

B: Greek yogurt, keto granola, berries, cold brew with half n half

L: Asian chicken salad light sesame ginger dressing

D: berry salad with chicken light poppyseed dressing

S: protein frosty, sf chocolate

E: inferno pilates with weights and bands

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Sheila_H
on 9/25/23 7:55 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

So...I have a confession to make. It's more an accountability but because it happened on Sat, I almost thought I'm not gonna talk about it and pretend it didn't happen, but then I thought you know what? I had planned for it, I enjoyed it, I payed dearly for it and now it's over and done.

I don't know if you have heard of this new-ish trend of cube croissant. It started in London. Since June a bakery in Silicon Valley has been offering it and I kept drooling after it. Finally on Fri DH on the way home ordered a fresh batch and picked up on the way home. He came home with not one, now two, but three cubed croissants. Plus a croissant filled with chocolate ganache and something with apple that I didn't even look at. I didn't touch the stuff on Fri but Sat was my indulgence day. Here is the cube croissant which is humongous.

It's buttery and everything else they promised. I ate the whole thing and ended up with a well deserved dump. I froze the other two cubes for another planned indulgence day. OK, that's it. Father forgive me for I have sinned. Confession done.

QOD - I am a true believer of being in charge of my happiness so location doesn't matter. Although a tropical island would help my mood tremendously.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee & pumpkin oatmeal mug cake
  • Coffee Protein smoothie, Built bar, tangerines, Dot's pretzels
  • Chicken, cucumbers and tomatoes
  • E: rest Day

Happy start of the week!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: Mid 140s

PGW: 140-142

Grim_Traveller
on 9/25/23 8:19 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I would eat the hell out of a cube croissant.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics