What's on your Monday Menu?

White Dove
on 9/25/23 7:19 am - Warren, OH

I was tempted to be friends with raccoons but always avoided them because they might have rabies. They are so cute with their little masks. One year there was a tiny baby raccoon in my shed when I was closing it up for the winter.

When we opened the shed in spring it was an unbelievable mess. There were droppings everywhere and tools had been taken off the wall and scattered around. I had to get a trapper to remove the how huge raccoon. I asked that they relocate it somewhere out of town but that is not legal in Ohio and they have to eliminate it.

I feel bad about raccoons, groundhogs, and other animals that people kill because they are declared a nuisance.

There are great places to live in the world, but the thought of actually moving is enough to keep me happy where I am. I moved last year and hope to avoid that experience again for a long time.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 9/25/23 10:52 am
RNY on 06/03/15

luckily we don't have that law here. Our attic raccoon left on her own accord (DH put a radio up there with the volume turned up SUPER LOUD), but we had to have a pest control place remove the raccoon family that was living in our chimney several years ago. He owns property way out in the country, so he takes them out there. He said you have to take them at least ten miles away, or else they'll find their way back to your house!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 9/25/23 1:38 pm - Warren, OH

Ohio law says they either have to be released onto the owner's property or humanly euthanized. That is because they carry rabies and it is illegal to relocate them.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 9/25/23 7:58 am
RNY on 03/24/21

The morning talk show I listen to has a Raccoon News segment that is amusing. The woody show.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Queen JB
on 9/25/23 6:11 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I wish I could upload a video here--Grim accidentally left out some burger buns and cheese and the fattest raccoon came and did some fat-boy gymnastics to get onto the ottoman to get up and into the carbs. He had a ball. Very messy eater, though. Two nights later (after it was all cleaned up, of course) he brought all his friends. Ahhhhh-dorable.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 9/25/23 5:29 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning menu crew!

Busy day and busy week coming up. I'm proud of the fact that I got in several workouts this weekend. They were short and various beginner routines to see whether I liked the instructors and moves. I think it will take some experimenting to find what works, so experiment I will. There was a live floor yoga routine which might have worked better except that the instructor had two dogs and a cat coming in and out of the frame, which young dog took extreme offense to. Kind of kills the flow. Also tried some more pilates, iso-flow, Zumba, and tabata. More TBD but I feel it!

QOTD- Happiness is space and woods for me. Probably someplace with electricity and water regardless of how they are achieved. Water is becoming increasingly important, so that cuts out a lot of places in the world over the next couple of decades. That said, I'm happy where I am for now but "home" always feels like New England.

Menu today is part of a banana, last of the rambutan, oatmeal protein balls, boiled eggs, smoked salmon on a piece of whole wheat bread, TBD. I didn't end up food prepping as much as I should have yesterday.

Might have handyman/foundation people out today but scheduling is a bit dicey. One was supposed to be out Friday, then Saturday. Operating on a text from the other in hopes they can make it out.

Happy Monday!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Emiepie
on 9/25/23 5:53 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Sorry your class left you feeling drained but it's great that some of the attendees are coming back. I had a busy weekend of errands but got a pedicure in there. I'm trying to feel ready to leave Wednesday after work. Fingers crossed we get Em's car back from the bodyshop today but we probably will still have me drive this week since she'll just be getting it back. Today I need to get my new team member in full training mode. I feel bad I'll be gone two days this week but have goals for him that he'll be doing well and able to just practice and run "drills". The other two will be there in case he needs something but they are busy too.

QOTD: I always think I'd like to live somewhere else but don't have a clue where. I'd live in a beach city that's for sure.

TSS: 9 years 1 month

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal, turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, light and fit yogurt and some fruit

S: Protein puffs, a piece of fruit and yogurt

D: Grilled chicken breast, net zero tortillas, a banana, and dark chocolate

ES: Cottage cheese

E: Treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1357 Protein:117 Carbs:132 Fat:50

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 9/25/23 5:55 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning - Sorry to hear your class was weird - people are weird. I had a low key weekend, it was really nice. I'm getting anxious to get into the office and get caught up. It's the last week of the month and it's going to be rough, but I got this. Beyond that, I've got nothing.

QOTD - YES, I do! I love the area where I live, but I would really love to live a fabulous retirement lifestyle w/bare minimum material possessions in a small walkable seaside village. Sun, fun, the freshest fruits, veggies and seafood, beaches and of course ****tails. In other words I want to live on vacation. We research this all the time. How much would it cost and how soon can we make it happen. The ex-pat communities w/tacos and margaritas have a leg up

B- coffee x2, avocado/cottage cheese on SD toast

l - chicken and spicy cauliflower rice bowl w/salsa

d- baked chicken thigh, green beans

s- tomatoes, HB egg, jello w/whip

Trying a carb a day to see how that affects my mindset and the scale. Weighing only 1x per week now.

Cals are 885/79 protein

20 min yoga done, 20 min walk on lunch

Have a wonderful Monday and week!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Queen JB
on 9/25/23 6:08 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ooh I hope you have an extra bedroom in this retirement place, because I am def coming to visit. Tacos and margs are on me!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Amy Liz
on 9/25/23 8:45 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Visitors welcome, that is definitely part of the plan!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 164 GW 155

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 464 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 382 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 395 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 218 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?